53 pounds down w/pics :) first post

Options
I figured today, my birthday, would be a good day to finally figure out how to post pictures and then share my story. Although I am still about 15 pounds away from my goal, I've come along way and am beginning to be quite happy at my reflection in the mirror.

I wish I had better before pictures to really show my progress, but I avoided the camera like crazy. Plus, my scanner is broken so I can't upload any hard copies. Most of my before/after pics lack clothing and are for my eyes only.

I started at 222 pounds in Jan. 2011

163280_957725258889_7423450_n_zps9387598a.jpg

206473_503352741736_288_n_zpsf05277ab.jpg

194229_zpsfa417fba.jpg

194252_zps48fcf7bf.jpg

The next two pictures are when I weighed around 190 this summer (just before doing 30 day shred)

2012-06-27082135_zps6fe721f2.jpg

2012-06-27082115_zps678742db.jpg

The next pictures show where I am now, between 168-172 (169 as of this morning)

dec302012_zpsf28ec9ba.jpg

20130205_162317_zps824e7a7f.jpg

20130205_162326_zpsc1797c2e.jpg

20121214_192434_zps9cb31ddb.jpg

185942_zps28a06611.jpg

185845_zps10004d7c.jpg

I am 29 years old, as of today and 5'7.5''

My goal weight is 155, but I'll see when I get there.

What did I do?
I worked out nearly every.single.day. Food is by far my biggest challenge. I'm an emotional eater and a binge eat, so I still deal with that often. I started two years ago (with the calorie counting/working out method of weight loss) and lost 25, then gained back 10. On Jan. 2012 I started the process back up and have lost the other 43 since then. It has come off slow, but it's come off for good! I never used any diet pills, starvation, or any other stupid way of losing weight. Now don't get me wrong, I've tried all that and more, but those never worked. What works is eating healthy and exercising, one day at a time....

I will have to continue this for the rest of my life, so I am finding what works for me so that I am able to keep this up to keep the weight off and to continue to improve my health.

It feel so good to have accomplished something that I have wanted so bad for so long :) I can't wait until the process is over and I can start maintaining!

Replies

• glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! wowzers! you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smooched:
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well, a couple pictures got cut short, but still not too bad for my first time!
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, and congratulations on your achievement - you look just great!
    I feel your pain, I'm an emotional/bored/nightime eater, myself - it's always a challenge that I sometimes lose. (Hmmm, like last night!).

Best of luck to you and your continuing success!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ... you look fabulous and happy!:smile:
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job, seriously. You look fantastic!! ...And Happy Birthday! :drinker:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Great job, girl. Such an inspiration!!!!

Happy birthday!!!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thats my girl!!!!!!!1 You look so awesome!

I want you to know, I think you are GORGEOUS, STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS! Even before, but now, you exude confidence, a beaming smiling and you are looking forward to some GREAT THINGS! I couldnt be happier for you Nicole :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

ETA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • suzafied
    suzafied Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! You look Fantastic! Way to go!!!
  • Nina1116
    Nina1116 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm glad you decided to post! Such an awesome transformation and you are doing it the right way!! Keep it up!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    GREAT PROGRESS!!! You look AMAZING!! Keep pushing forward and you will be at your goal!
  • MrsBailey149
    Options
    Happy birthday, and congratulations on your achievement - you look just great!
    I feel your pain, I'm an emotional/bored/nightime eater, myself - it's always a challenge that I sometimes lose. (Hmmm, like last night!).

Best of luck to you and your continuing success!

I'm not sure I'll EVER get over my emotional eating problem, but I can control it! (most days)

Congrats on your success as well!
  • MrsBailey149
    Options
    Thats my girl!!!!!!!1 You look so awesome!

I want you to know, I think you are GORGEOUS, STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS! Even before, but now, you exude confidence, a beaming smiling and you are looking forward to some GREAT THINGS! I couldnt be happier for you Nicole :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

ETA: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks!!!! :D Couldn't have done it without my fabulous friends on MFP, like you!!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    I don't want to sound too piggish but you look hot and still have great curves.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, and AWESOME job!!!
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Awesomeness! It's great to see your hard work and dedication pay off. Congrats.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    You were beautiful before...after...WOWZERS! You're gorgeous!
    Congrats and Happy Birthday!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on your sucess
  • nhlgeezer
    nhlgeezer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I just started this and this is very inspiring. Thanks for your story!
  • JillybeanJamaica
    Options
    So awesome!!!!! You've motivated me to stay on track. I too want to lose 50+ pounds. This is great to see and hear about! And Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!