• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
    :noway:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and I LOVE your new haircut.

Erika x
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I got a new haircut, and lost a few more pounds since the last compare pic, so I thought I would post a new one!
    comparepic166-1.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Thanks for the info on your skin. I'm 42 and noticing that even though I'm losing weight very slowly - my skin is not simply bouncing back. At all. I currently find the soft skin on my stomach a happy reminder of how far I've come, but that won't last much longer I fear! My arms are what worry me the most- I keep wondering if compression sleeves might not help?

Thanks for sharing your success!

Any social impacts you'd care to share? Spouse/friends reaction or challenges with your amazing transformation?

YES! in fact I Am going to blog about that tonight, so be sure to check out my blog this week . :)
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow--I just saw this. You are AMAZING!! And Zaggytiddies (I can't believe I just had to type "zaggytiddies!" :laugh: ) had it right--these pics could be a "mother/daughter" comparison! GOOD FOR YOU!!! You have given me renewed hope that I can see this journey through, all the way.
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goodness you look absolutely amazing! Stunning!
    I bet you feel awesome! If not- YOU SHOULD!
    ^_^
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I got a new haircut, and lost a few more pounds since the last compare pic, so I thought I would post a new one!
    comparepic166-1.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Thanks for the info on your skin. I'm 42 and noticing that even though I'm losing weight very slowly - my skin is not simply bouncing back. At all. I currently find the soft skin on my stomach a happy reminder of how far I've come, but that won't last much longer I fear! My arms are what worry me the most- I keep wondering if compression sleeves might not help?

Thanks for sharing your success!

Any social impacts you'd care to share? Spouse/friends reaction or challenges with your amazing transformation?

YES! in fact I Am going to blog about that tonight, so be sure to check out my blog this week . :)
    Looking forward to it and that haircut is most flattering on you!!
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    comparepic166-1.jpg
    :flowerforyou:
  • beMyself
    beMyself Posts: 29
    Options
    I just have a question I have that much to lose did your skin adjust to the weight loss. I.m a tad older than you ( a lot older than you) and I.ve been wondering what people use or do about it I know last things would be surgury what did you do if you don't want to say its ok

omgosh, I dont mind saying at all. my skin has not adjusted to the weight , not at all. my arms bother me the most, cause that is what people see. I would SERIOUSLY do the surgery in a heartbeat if I had the money, it is not something that my husband thinks we need to spend that kind of money on, even if we did have it ( which we dont) My girlfriends keep telling me to put a donation cup at work, :bigsmile:
    regardless, it is a yucky hanging mess under my clothes, I will not sugarcoat it at all, cause too many people do sugarcoat it, I've seen posts all over the place about people asking about loose skin, and most reply " it will bounce back in time" if your lucky it will, but if you lose alot as I have, dont count on it. Count on it NOT, and be happy if it does!
    I didnt have surgery to create a rapid weight loss, I followed the program HERE. I workout 5 times a week and have since the begining, weights, and cardio, I drink a gallon of water a day, ALL THOSE THINGS are things that you should do to help your skin bounce back. So I did it all right, why didnt it ? Because it had been stretched out for 20+ years. its not going back without surgery.

and I am 40 years old if anyone was wondering :)
    Hope that wasnt harsh, it wasnt meant to be :flowerforyou:

Thank you...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look gorgeous!!! Congratulations!
  • Dara80
    Dara80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Although I would like to point out, even with the extra weight on you, you were still a beautiful woman. Losing the weight just made the beautiful woman a healthy woman!
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    Awesome is all I can say!!!!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am sitting her in ABSOLUTE AWE of you!!!! I mean REALLY!!! You look FANTASTIC!!! You are such a beautiful woman and I LOVE how happy you look in your new pic. I am just starting my journey here, and am loving it because of people like you! You inspire me! I can't wait to see such a dramatic change in my body!

I also REALLY want to thank you SO SO SO much for being honest about the skin thing...the fear of that has honestly kept me from wanting to slim down in a lot of ways...I didn't even know that it was a possibility until I saw that Extreme Makeover show (not the home edition, the scary "lets do 47 plastic surgery procedures in a week" show) and there was a guy who had really bad sagging skin. I was in college and just starting to focus on losing the weight when I saw that and it freaked me out so much!!! LOL!!! I have heard a lot of people saying it will eventually tighten up (and I am praying that it will as I go!!) but I never know if they are saying what I want to hear or just lies. I saw one of the Biggest Loser winners on a TV show not too long ago and he looked SO SO SO AMAZING and then he pulled up his normal shirt and revealed that he had a girdle like tank top thing on. When he lifted that up I was shocked. I am rambling but I just really appreciate truth, even when it's not really what I want to hear! I LOVE that your hubby doesn't think you need it - GOOD MAN!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • pbentz
    pbentz Posts: 3
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! YOU ARE DEFINETLY MY NEW INSPIRATION!!!!
  • mom25kids
    mom25kids Posts: 2
    Options
    awesome!!!!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    You look incredibly BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You are amazing, inspiring and awesome!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I updated my blog with the answer to the question about social impact with friends and my spouse.

http://finallyfitatforty.blogspot.com/2010/05/any-social-impacts-youd-care-to-share.html

ok, I am off to Answer Erica's email, then going to bed! thanks everyone for all the awesome comments!

Tami
  • twilight1542
    twilight1542 Posts: 403
    Options
    You are a hot mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Loulouslim
    Loulouslim Posts: 29
    Options
    Next time I feel like moaning about trying to lose 56Lb I will remember the lady who lost 163lb and look bloody amazing. I don't think I can imagin what you feel like now.

I bet you have had so much fun buying new clothes especially underwear.

Well done and thank you for giving me the push I needed today to make a difference

Luisa
    Kent, England
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    You are a hot mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look who's talking! twilight, you are AMAZING yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing! I'm still waaaayyyyyy at the beginning (beginning week 3 of working at this) and that just pumped me up! My starting weight was 339 so a couple pounds more than you, but man seeing that makes me believe I can do it! Thank you so much for the inspiration! You've done a great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!