Replies

• NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken :heart:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Being slender feels great but I can honestly say the feeling I get from eating really great food (gourmet pizza, dark chocolate, sushi) is way better. Luckily I experience both feelings with regularity!
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm glad other people hate that quote too; I thought I was all alone. Ahem, to answer the question:

loaded cheese fries with ranch
    dark chocolate peanut butter cups
    vodka/rum
    fresh bread
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    Literally anything involving chocolate. Haha.

I read something on the internet that 'SkinnyFeels' is actually a bakery she was talking about, but I don't think it's true. Lol.
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    nothing.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I hate this saying because it breeds over restriction and denial.
    Life is about enjoying things. I don't think skinny tastes better than ANYTHING because you can have both at the same time.

Agreed.
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    a big fat 'double quarter pounder with cheese'
  • proudandprejudiced
    Options
    And to everyone saying that nothing tastes better than skinny feels... YOU'RE LYING! :D
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    lol i dont find anything so good that trumps skinniness. i feel happier when I feel skinny, when I eat I dont feel particularly happy! so to answer your question, nothing.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    peanut butter...
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Beer... and ice cream.
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    when i said nothing i meant it, I've been fat for so long, and hated myself for it, NOTHING taste so good that i would give up feeling great.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Freshly baked bread with loads of salted butter, divine!!!
  • EZaccone85
    EZaccone85 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    lol i dont find anything so good that trumps skinniness. i feel happier when I feel skinny, when I eat I dont feel particularly happy! so to answer your question, nothing.

I do agree, once i eat the whopper or french fries (which I haven't had in over a year) I feel fat and bloated and sluggish and upset at myself that i ate that terrible; but then i just pick myself back up and say 'tomorrows another day' I do occasionally eat a piece of cake or chocolate or a slice of pizza but make sure i'm still within my calorie intake
  • elisedcan
    Options
    Chocolate cake...and chocolate chip cookies....and pizza. God pizza.

That's why I'm chubby in the first place! Lmfao!!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Anything tastes better than skinny feels- when you have a craving. Personally I have a twice-monthly craving for mcdonalds. And if I don't have it I can't think about anything else! Everything in moderation I say.
    Oo and cadbury creme eggs. MMmmmm!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the process of making a chocolate covered rice krispy bowl filled with a peanut butter fluff. I'm going to say that tastes better.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/chocolate-peanut-butter-bowl/

I'm also going to say that pretty much anything tastes better than skinny feels - that is why I'm chubby and keep failling at losing weight. Yums > no love handles.
  • KittenTikka
    Options
    My first reaction is to say...Nothing - how can a short-term hit beat the long-term feeling from being within a healthy BMI and having lots of energy plus confidence in yourself???

BUT, everything in moderation is the key to the goal and life is not worth living if we take everything we love out of it, so those foods which make you smile will do no harm in occasional small portions. Which makes them yummier as you enjoy them soooo much more not having them every day!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I hate this phrase as well. And I think the implication behind it is wrong.

I don't know about you, but I didn't gain weight because I love the way food tastes. I love the way it makes me feel. When I'm eating for a reason other than fueling my body, trouble will follow. I have some heavy friends who say "I love food," but I've shared meals with them and they don't slow down long enough to really taste what they're eating. If we slowed down and tasted what we ate there would be no reason to eat the whole bag of potato chips.

I actually love the taste of foods like kale, fresh fish, and brown rice, and I like them more than I like the taste of potato chips. For me, and I think for many of us, it's not about taste.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say NOTHING tastes as good as being self confident and happier - and that's exactly how I'm going to be......just as long as I stay away from everything and anything TOFFEE, CARAMEL, SKOR, CRISPY CRUNCH, CRUNCHIE, SPONGE TOFFEE BLOCKS, WERTHERS, ALMOND ROCA......OMG! I need to go for a walk now! lol:happy: