Heart Rate Monitor Calorie Challenge

Options

Replies

• twt1999bird
    Options
    Hey all got a question....Since I just got my new Polar HRM, I was wondering where do I put the chest band? I'm a bit large in the chest area.

You put it right under your breast plate. Like where you bra strap goes.
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    thanks....I noticed in the user's manual, it does tell you exactly where.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey HRM ladies! haven't really been hearing much from ya but hope everyone is making us of their HRM's.
    I am finally back to using it everyday and I'm glad I have been able to get my workuots in.

Happy thursday
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    hey HRM ladies! haven't really been hearing much from ya but hope everyone is making us of their HRM's.
    I am finally back to using it everyday and I'm glad I have been able to get my workuots in.

Happy thursday

I am only at 844 calories thus far...I am easing back into it after my bout with planter faciitis...So, I have the weekend to pump up that number a little bit.

TGIF
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    Where is everybody?????
  • nolachick
    Options
    I'm here! last week I believe my calorie count was in the 2000's. I don't think I've ever made it all the way to 3000 and right now I'm doing the Shred so u don't burn much on that either. today is my day off and I'm going for sushi after work. I've alotted plenty of calories for dinner so I shud not be going over my calories today.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    I would love to join this thread - I'm waiting on my Polar FT4, it's bronze :blushing: , hahaha! Who cares right? I am just really excited to see if this will help me get a more accurate gauge on the energy i'm expending.
    I currently do Jillian NMTZ, BFBM, all of the Turbo Jam the FIRM and WATP 5 Mi Fat Burning Walk in a rotation - I have commited to 3 days cardio and 3 days strength w/ 1 rest day.
    Looking forward to the journey with you all,
    Janet:heart:

i'm lurking til my HRM arrives :wink:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    So, I just received my Polar FT60 today, and I'd love to join up if it's not too late.

I wore it for about an hour at work today and nobody could even tell I was wearing the WearLink strap under my shirt. I'm going to put it through it's paces tonight at the gym. I ordered a T31C strap so I can wear it swimming as well.

So far, I'm really impressed.

I do have one question though ...

Do I need to subtract my RMR calories from the total calories burned? Or does the polar already do that for me? I don't want MFP to credit me for a couple hundred free calories I don't really deserve!

:glasses:
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    So I have been out of the loop lately. I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I didn't work out all last week and don't have any numbers to post. But I am motivated again and starting anew today. Need to start my Insanity work out over now. Sham on me but my jeans are still loose so hopefully I didn't gain everything I lost back. Not like I lost that much yet.

Heres to renewed energy. Let's pick up the pace and get back in it.

Keep Moving!!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    So I have been out of the loop lately. I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I didn't work out all last week and don't have any numbers to post. But I am motivated again and starting anew today. Need to start my Insanity work out over now. Sham on me but my jeans are still loose so hopefully I didn't gain everything I lost back. Not like I lost that much yet.

Heres to renewed energy. Let's pick up the pace and get back in it.

Keep Moving!!!

Great attitude Jennifer. I did workout last week but didn't do half as much as I usually do. I don't have my numbers with me but I know they weren't great. This week we can start over and give it our all!

Glad you jumped back in before you gained it all back, y ou can still pick up from where u left off!
  • nolachick
    Options
    So, I just received my Polar FT60 today, and I'd love to join up if it's not too late.

I wore it for about an hour at work today and nobody could even tell I was wearing the WearLink strap under my shirt. I'm going to put it through it's paces tonight at the gym. I ordered a T31C strap so I can wear it swimming as well.

So far, I'm really impressed.

I do have one question though ...

Do I need to subtract my RMR calories from the total calories burned? Or does the polar already do that for me? I don't want MFP to credit me for a couple hundred free calories I don't really deserve!

:glasses:

do you wear it all day? I only wear it during my workouts so I don't have to add/subtract anything.
  • cmw72
    Options
    Nah, just to work out.

I've just been entering the calories expended into MFP as my HRM reports them.
  • caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted for a couple of weeks, so I'll play catch up. For the week ending 4/18, I burned 2256 calories. This last week, I only burned 2066. My attempts to increase to 7 days a week haven't done too well yet, especially since I opted to get an extra 1-1/2 hours of sleep this morning instead of getting up to work out. :tongue:

My gym offers an annual free "fitness update" which includes calculating your "polar fitness age" and redoing a weight training program for you. Since my last polar fitness age calculation (last August when I joined the gym), I've lost 30 pounds and 14 years! I'm actually 42, but my PFA last August was 52 and it's now 38. Yippee! :happy: However, I'm supposed to start adding some weight training, and she showed me some exercises on Saturday and my legs are still sore! I will get up and run tomorrow morning, though! I'm doing Couch to 10K and have increased my jogging speed during the running intervals from my previous 4.5 mph (embarassingly slow) to 6.0 mph. I tried to do week 4 day 2 after the weight training work out on Saturday and had to give up after about 30 minutes. I hope my legs feel better in the morning!

Hope everyone else has a great week!
  • cmw72
    Options
    My FT60 just gave me a message with my weekly totals.

I managed to burn 6112 calories in 8:16.

Unfortunately, It complained that I was training too much in Zone 2 and didn't give me a star this week. :angry:

I really don't know what else I could have done though. It wanted me to burn 2500 calories in 5:10 minutes and I hit that by Thursday night. There was no way I was going to give up my weekend gym sessions just to make my HRM happy!
  • cmw72
    Options
    Looks like this challenge might be dead?

At any rate, this week I burned 7332 calories in 10 hours and 24 minutes.

:drinker:
  • bronzegemini
    bronzegemini Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - It's been a couple of weeks since I last was here. My mom takes up much of my time - she's 88 and has Alzheimers, but she is my heart! I was kind of watching what I was eating, but I know I wasn't on point. But I'm back. I weighed in this morning and was not a happy camper as I put on a few pounds. Uugh - what a horror. It gets so frustrating some times, but I know that at one point, it will all pay off.

I pray everyone is well and that you all had a fabulous Mother's Day!
  • nolachick
    Options

congratulations! that's awesome work! holy crap! I struggle to get into the 2000 calories zone hahaha
    well u are doing great so keep it up! I have the polar f6 but that doesnt give me a smiley face or anything and it doesnt tell me how long I shud our shouldn't be in any HR zone. perhaps your HRM is more advanced than mine.

WELCOME BACK! bronze gemini! glad to have u back. and don't worry if u need to devote time to ur mom we understand!

Last week I only wore my HRM 2x but it read 1060 cals in something like 2hr:30mins which I am completely happy with.
  • bronzegemini
    Options

congratulations! that's awesome work! holy crap! I struggle to get into the 2000 calories zone hahaha
    well u are doing great so keep it up! I have the polar f6 but that doesnt give me a smiley face or anything and it doesnt tell me how long I shud our shouldn't be in any HR zone. perhaps your HRM is more advanced than mine.

WELCOME BACK! bronze gemini! glad to have u back. and don't worry if u need to devote time to ur mom we understand!

Last week I only wore my HRM 2x but it read 1060 cals in something like 2hr:30mins which I am completely happy with.

Thanks NolaChick! I like your tag line...Time to make time for me.... Very Inspirational!
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey guys I know this isnt a daily check in but just wanted to say I'm so happy that I worked out hard yesterday at the gym and managed to burn over 500 calories! wooo hooo! usually it's hard for me to get up to 400 in one session but I gave it my all and glad I did. I was famished for dinner tho and kept snacking even after i ate a healthy dinner. oh well. weight training today and that never goes more than 250 - 300cals.
  • bronzegemini
    Options
    Hi All - I had an AWESOME week last week. I did some serious training and major running. I also did the NYC AIDS walk yesterday and we powerwalked 6 miles. It was great! Anyway - I burned 4542 calories and feel absolutely wonderful. I hope everyone else had a successful week as well.