Anyone Else Single for V-day?

Options

Replies

• jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    Single on Vday for me too...but even when I was in a relationship I didnt celebrate (not my thing)....my friend's baby is due on Vday so hopefully Ill be at the hospital welcoming the new baby girl into the world
  • ColleenD26
    ColleenD26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes , but i never look at it in a bad way. This year I am getting a good work out and helping a good friend by watching their 3 kids so he and his wife can have a nice night out together.
  • raniagt94
    raniagt94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Single, but not alone! :)
  • woolstockboy1
    woolstockboy1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bah Humbug!!
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah i'll be single for valentines day. The girl i was talking to ditched me for a skinnier douche guy.

And i have to work that night so i can't even go out with friends or hang out
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Married for 17 years and we don't celebrate valentines day.
    valentines day is for retailers.
    I love all those who said it is a 'love yourself' day. There should be more of those, in my humble opinion.
    Being single doesn't mean one is second rate.
    Have a lovely day whatever you do.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've only not been single, I think, twice. And both times, the guy bombed it. So much for romance, lol!
  • Anatron72
    Options
    Yep, I'll be single for V-Day too, but I loved reading all your messages and now I have the inspiration to have a Me Day as well :-)
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yep, single as always. I'm married to myself anyways. :flowerforyou:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Single. :) I'll be spending my evening cuddled up in bed with season two of The Walking Dead.
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    Single and very happy to remain that way! I call it solo. Flying solo. Wheeeee!!!!!!!!

But now that you mention it, I may have to get a package of very dark chocolates to enjoy all by myself.

Exactly this!! Valentine's day is overrated and an excuse for consumers to spend money!!

Not having it! Do what and whom I want!!

Love the freedom of being single and happy!! Flying solo and loving it!!
  • S_U_M_M_E_R
    S_U_M_M_E_R Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am and so glad about that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Valentines day is a very hard day for single people though, we have to admit it haha

very hard on married ppl too. we have lots of "pressure". to buy the right thing, or when receiving say the right thing. but it's cute and it fills the kids calendar between new years and st paddy's day so whatever.
  • kendzini13
    kendzini13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My first single valentines day in 7 years!
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Single once again this year. Which means.....I've been single my whole life on V-day. And to tell the truth, I really don't care. My family usually gets me a little something (such as chocolate). Otherwise I just don't like this so called "holiday" . But I do like some of your ideas of having it as a "Me" day. I'll have to do something for myself that day :smile:
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I am single for Valentine's Day and it doesn't bother me at all!! I'm comfortable with learning to whole heartedly love myself and enjoy my children and my freedom!!!!!:heart:

What she said! :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Worse, I have a class on Valentines Day evening.

Does not matter because I have never celebrated the V-day

forever_alone.jpg
  • gillybeanz74
    gillybeanz74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep count me in with being single on Valentines Day!!! I think I will buy myself some flowers and go out for dinner with my single friends.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    wish i was single