• clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Week 3, Day 1, Column 2 - 12,17,13,13,18
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2 (col 2) 20/20/23/23/20/20/18/18/53

If I learn nothing else from this, I hope I can remember just how much this challenge is helping me understand progressively increasing what you do(weights, reps, whatever...) - before I think I was just looking to keep fit and keep my muscles active (that's challenge enough for a sugar-holic like me!) but amazing the difference from when I started this a few weeks ago.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If anyone that is doing the 100 push up challenge wants to send me a friend's request. Feel free! good luck!
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    Week 3 (day 2--middle column)

14/19/14/14/19

Last set was sheer brutality after the 14th rep! But I got to 19.
  • hendinerik
    Options
    Week 6 day 3 (col 2) 22/22/30/30/25/25/18/18/60 -- rests were longer - alternating between some work and pushups! Will def be repeating Week 6 in col 3...
  • martinh78
    Options
    Week 6 day 3 (col 2) 22/22/30/30/25/25/18/18/60 -- rests were longer - alternating between some work and pushups! Will def be repeating Week 6 in col 3...

Good to see it's working for you and you are doing really well. It's made me realise how I need to structure a plan for the rest of my workouts. Those small steps and logging show impressive gains in teh long term.

I've started again now my leg seems better. I'll begin updating again next week.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 5 for the second time - column 2, then column 3

36/40/30/24/43
    19/19/22/22/18/18/22/50
    20/20/24/24/20/20/22/50

The 8 set days are tough!
    Moving on to Week 6, column 1 next week.
  • clover5
    Options
    Week 3, Col 2 14,19,14,14,19
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2: 20/25/15/15/40
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    Week 3 day 3 middle column completed. Final set was 22.
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    Question:

How often and when should I do an exhaustion test? I started in week 3 and column 2. I made it through week 3. It was tough though. When should I do a max test? I would assume not on a day that I do my pushing training sets. Suggestions?
  • joshplus
    joshplus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to start over - I got two back-to-back sicknesses. Has anyone else had that kind of problem? Did you start over?
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    I'm going to have to start over - I got two back-to-back sicknesses. Has anyone else had that kind of problem? Did you start over?

I would recommend mybe doing an exhaustion test and see where you end up. May not have to back track too much.
  • clover5
    Options
    Week 3, col 2, day 3 16,21,15,15,21

ChrisC - The next exhaustion is at the end of week 4. I did my last on a Sunday.
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I went down to 83 for being inconsistent.
  • hendinerik
    Options
    Exhaustion Test, end of week 6 - 60 - will repeat week 6 but on to column 3!
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Are you guys using runtastic pushups pro?
  • hendinerik
    Options
    Good to see it's working for you and you are doing really well. It's made me realise how I need to structure a plan for the rest of my workouts. Those small steps and logging show impressive gains in teh long term.

I've started again now my leg seems better. I'll begin updating again next week.

Glad your leg is feeling better! And yes, I really like this challenge because if I keep at it eventually the numbers do increase - even 5 more max a week it really adds up over time. It's adding an extra strength factor into my workouts.

In fact, now when I do this on rest days I actually feel weaker than on a workout day - probably because my body isn't as warmed up.

Good luck, and thanks again for letting us all know about this!
  • dukanukem
    Options
    I've just joined and will be starting tomorrow - initial test 18, so Level 3 for my age...
    Goodluck everyone...
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The pushups logger site isn't working for me (sad!), so it doesn't look like I can log on there... it could have to do with the fact that I'm in Japan right now - that sometimes causes problems.
    But, thank you for motivating me! I looked up one hundred push ups, and I'm going to follow the program anyhow. I even got my boyfriend (who is back in the US while I'm out here in Japan for a few months) to agree to do the challenge along with me, so thank you for helping motivate both of us!
    I just did 10... but I think "perfect form" only lasted through 8 - I'll have to get a mirror so I can watch myself. Awesome, I'm excited to do this, thanks again!