Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1 year. 100 lbs. (wordy, but pictures!)

Replies

• Wow wow wow , you have done so well so inspirational

Looking fab tooo
  • You are absolutely amazing!!!!
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Well done you, thats great! just starting out and reading others success stories gets me motivated.
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Wow! Thanks for all the kind words & support! I'm a bit overwhelmed by the response :)

I've had a load of questions in PMs and such and, while this is buried at the end of the post, maybe others with similar questions will stumble upon it...

My Height: 5'3-5'4 (it seems to vary)

Weight history: I was not always overweight. I wasn't very athletic as a kid, but I was fit enough and loved the water - swim team, life guard, etc. I went to college a size 5/7. I left college a size 13. I continued to gain through my twenties & thirties. Didn't do much yo-yo dieting or anything. I did try to lose a few times. I did South Beach in my early 30s and went from a size 18/20 to a size 22. I swore off dieting at that point and just resigned myself to always being fat. By 40 I had had enough of that... mostly had enough of finding excuses to not do things I wanted to do and decided to "get healthy". Started walking in December (got a pedometer for Christmas) hit 10k steps six weeks later and looked for a walking/running app to track my walks and discovered MFP in the suggested fitness apps.

Calories & What I Eat: I don't really care what I eat (carbs, processed stuff - none of it is "off the table"). I do try to keep it somewhat healthy (seeing as my goal is "get healthy") but I do eat ice cream just about every night. The last few weeks have been atypical in that I've only been eating 1200-1500 calories. I honestly have not been that hungry (I think it was a mental thing as I approached the big milestone? I hope that's all it is.) and didn't feel like I should eat just to eat. I need to improve my relationship with food and that seems like a quick way to make it worse. Throughout most of the year, I was probably averaging 1500-1800 calories when I was logging and probably 1800-2200 when I wasn't logging and just trying to maintain.

Exercise: I started out by walking. I was super out of shape and anemic to boot (makes you get tired and out of breath quickly). For the first couple of weeks, I was happy to manage walking around the block. Then I walked a short multi-use trail adjacent to my place (so handy!) - out and back was 3 miles. I started walking in January. In March I was in good enough shape (mentally & stamina-wise) to do fitness DVDs/wii fitness games. I would walk or do fitness dvd/game (usually biggest loser wii) every day. Some days I would do both. I got a bug to do a half-marathon and that led me to the elliptical because I was still 220 lbs and it was low impact on my knees. I was very worried about my left knee (it was sore after some long walks). By the fall I felt confident enough (stamina wise & weight wise) to try pavement running. My knee buckled. After a rest to let it recover, I continued with the elliptical (which I really do like). I do it nearly every day for 30-45 minutes at a pretty intense level. Next step is to start strength training with some emphasis on strengthening my leg muscles to help my knee out. I have not given up on the half-marathon. I'm thinking about one in November. Fingers crossed.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    All that...AND a fabulous new haircut. Congratulations.
  • Congratulations and you look FABO! Great work
  • HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Fabulous! I wish every person who is in the position you were in could see this post. It IS possible, it just takes a LOT of hard work, determination, and dedication to yourself. You are truly an inspiration. I love your spirit! Congratulations, and i look forward to seeing those final 'after' shots. :drinker:
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Wow, thats great !!!!!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • That is amazing! Well done, you are an inspiration xxxxxxxx
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Awesome! Great work!!!
  • Fabulous Job! Keep it up!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Very Awesome. What an inspiration!!
  • You are an inspiration to us all! I believe you will reach your goal of 135!
  • Allow me tip my hat to you in respect for what you have done. You fought through the worst of it and you look fantastic today. I bet when you go to the closet and check out the clothes you can now wear you are so proud of your accomplishment. Congratulations and you look like a winner now. I look forward to the day when I can say the same. I have managed with MFP to lose 21 pounds on my way to a 70 lb loss.
  • rickylynne
    rickylynne Posts: 3 Member
    You. Are. Amazing.

I'm glad to hear the numbers slowed for you actually. That's where I am now after initial success, and it's helpful to hear how you handled it. I hope I can follow your footsteps. AH. MAZE. ING.
  • I think that it is wondeerful that you have lost all that weight. Keep up the great work. Joyce
  • Incredible job - you are an inspiration!!!
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    I love reading success stories. Great job, you deserve it!
  • Wonderful! Congratulations!

I'm on the same path--your story is very inspirational. Logging calories is downright addictive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!