Do you eat the same thing everyday for breakfast/lunch?

Options

Replies

• HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I make Shakeology everyday for breakfast, but I change up what I put in it. Its fast for me, but if I'm not in the mood, I'll make some Oatmeal or Special K cereal. As for lunch, it is different every day. I think it helps to mix it up and you won't get bored out of your skull!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    during the week I pretty much always eat oatmeal for breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch. on the weekends i'll usually have eggs, sausage or bacon, with a tortilla.
  • FiestyIrish
    Options
    I eat fruit, almonds and oatmeal made with soymilk for breakfast. Then I have fat free yogurt, fruit and brown rice with steamed vegetables for lunch. It's quite a bit of food, but I like to have most of my calories earlier in the day. Just a personal preference thing.

Since I have my food all planned out everyday, I'm less likely to cheat since I know breakfast is this and lunch is that. And I LOVE what I'm eating. Once I get tired of it, I'll change it up a bit.
  • catsnorchids
    Options
    As a person who had to force myself into the habit if HAVING breakfast at all, I found it easier to have a standard, easy breakfast that is always on hand. So for me it's a cup of Cheerios, half a cup of skim milk, blueberries or strawberries on the cereal with the milk, and a cup of coffee with fat-free coffeemate. Easy-peasy.

On a rare occasion, will have an English muffin, but that is dangerous, as I am not satisfied with only one!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same thing. It's easier for me and I shop on a tight budget.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things generally for a week or two, then I try and mix it up a little. That way, it's very easy on a daily basis but I don't get bored.

This is me. I get on kicks where I want the same thing till I tire of it then move onto something else.
  • Cynyca1031
    Options
    I tend to have the same breakfast. Its seems to be easier in the morning to grab something quick and go. Espcially if you work mornings. I think oatmeal and fruit is easy, or whole wheat cinnamion raisin toast is quick. I would love to get up early and cook a egg white omelet or something but i like my sleep.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every M-F. Greek yogurt over kashi go lean cereal. Sometimes I add berries.

For lunch i often eat a peanut butter sandwhich with whole wheat bread. If i want to go fancy i add some apricot preserves LOL
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I switch up my lunches, but my breakfasts have been pretty much the same for the past few years:

steel-cut oatmeal with almond milk, chia seeds, freshly ground flax, small scoop of nut butter, cinnamon and half a banana
    or
    thin seedy bagel with nut butter
    or
    roasted potatoes and veggies with harissa olive oil, spices and half serving of melted cheese
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is pretty standard except for an occasional 'special' day or breakfast out with pals. High fiber cereal (usually my homemade granola) with either greek yogurt, activia or 1%milk and banana. with of course gallons of coffee. :drinker:
  • Cynyca1031
    Options
    I agree, I would always skip breakfast
  • mistyblue1963
    Options
    i tend to do that with snacks and breakfasts,when i get bored i just change it :)
  • rickgomez2003
    Options
    This is what I eat every day.

BREAKFAST:
    2 hard boiled eggs
    2 strips of bacon
    12oz Coffee with whole milk

LUNCH:
    1 cup broccoli
    1 chicken breast
    1/2 cup shredded cheese

DINNER:
    4oz ground beef
    1/2 cup green, red, and yellow peppers
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    2 Table spoons sour cream
    1 cup mix veggies

Snacks:
    1.5oz peanut butter
    24 Almonds

120 oz water
    2 Multi vitamin
    4 Vitamin C
  • savagecorey2
    savagecorey2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep! But only because its cheaper then buying a million different options at the store since i only feed myself.
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing everyday mybe weekends different but still stay within my calorie limits
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    For the most part.

I have a cup of coffee and a protein shake for breakfast and some type of kale/spinach & fruit smoothie for lunch. We change up our sensible dinners every night.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing every day, for ease. I have my breakfast in work because I don't really feel like eating when I first wake up. I have toast (wholemeal bread) with low fat soft cheese. Helps me get my daily calcium levels up too.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. There are basically only 4-5 things I cook. Two of them are dedicated breakfast meals and the other three are lunch/dinner meals. I cycle between them and when I cook dinner I prepare a second serving that is my lunch the following day.
  • hdrussell
    hdrussell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I kind of do and kind of don't.... I have about 3 things in my breakfast menu... I like them all, so it's not boring to just stick to those 3. And for lunch I either eat leftovers from the night before ( that's easy ) or I have 3 or 4 things that are my usual lunch choice. As long as it tastes good, you don't get tired of it. I like that my grocery shopping is easier that way and I'm not wasting time trying to think up some new thing to eat.:smile:
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do but thats because I am one person and 1 box of raisin bran goes a long way. I have leftovers constantly, because again I am only one person. I think it can be damaging in the long term because "oh damn yogurt....AGAIN? How about a donut instead..." A little variety is good. DO whatever works for you.