Man to Man: A Support System for Men (part 2)

Options
Hey Guys!

Since I started the original Man to Man Forum several months ago, we have had over 7000 views and 500 posts. That's a lot of numbers, but they are good numbers. However, it's time for part 2. Let's kick this forum up a notch and double and even triple the previous numbers.

Remember guys, this spot was created as a space and a place where we can come to exclusively share trials and triumphs. So don't forget to stop by at least once week and post a question, a comment, or a funny experience.

Best wishes on your journeys.......MAY THE BEST MEN WIN!!!

Replies

• FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Dear ladies who peak in here,

It would be in your best interest to encourage and lift us up during our journey of fitness. Why, I am so glad U asked. Once we have reached our goals we are posing nude for ya (seperately, together would be akward).

There U go men, I have laid down the gaunlet.

*ducks flying chicken wings*
  • JamesGregory
    JamesGregory Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    <
    Not scared to pose together. Consider the money that could raise!
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Rev_no_Boosh Posts: 239
    Options
    Maybe we should raise funds from people not wanting us to pose together.
  • duckfan06
    duckfan06 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think one of my biggest problems has been that I am a man. In general it is easier for men to lose weight and I am no different. Mentally I am getting over the "What I eat today I can lose tomorrow" hurdle. I think because I have been able to drop 30+ lbs in a month before I have mentally handicapped myself. Excuses are in the past and progress is in the future. Good luck to all you fellow men on your WL journey!
  • operator
    operator Posts: 53
    Options
    yes dude, I agree. I have fallen off the waggon twice since January. I am still maintaining but the motivation is killing me.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options

We would get richer sooner.

:embarassed:
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    I think one of my biggest problems has been that I am a man. In general it is easier for men to lose weight and I am no different. Mentally I am getting over the "What I eat today I can lose tomorrow" hurdle. I think because I have been able to drop 30+ lbs in a month before I have mentally handicapped myself. Excuses are in the past and progress is in the future. Good luck to all you fellow men on your WL journey!

That is about the way I gained too. I am dieting next week so I am eating what I want. Fall off the wagon and repeat process.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    <
    Not scared to pose together. Consider the money that could raise!

As long as the money is the only thing that raises.

:laugh:
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Rev_no_Boosh Posts: 239
    Options

We would get richer sooner.

:embarassed:

:laugh: True story. I find myself ok with that. When I get down to my weight I'd be fine with posing solo, though.
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    yes dude, I agree. I have fallen off the waggon twice since January. I am still maintaining but the motivation is killing me.

The fact that you have fallen of the wagon twice is not a measure of your failure, it's a testament to your committment. It's easy to fall off the wagon and stay down, but each time you fall, you get back up. You have the motivation to keep going back at it stronger each time. But what's missing is the credit that you give yourself when you successfully get back up. Often we spend way too much time focusing on what we did wrong, that we completely ignore the things that we are doing right. Lastly, when you are not motivated, you still do what is right and once you have done it, the good feelings will follow. Then you repeat and repeat and repat again until you have reached your goal. At this point, you do what you need to do to maintain what you have worked so hard to achieve.

Keep up the good work!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Bump - Casper from Ohio is here. Continuing to continue. Teaching moto school on the weekends and doing the J-O-B and taking care of fam and spoiled dogs through the week. Wish it would quit raining,,, the grass is tall and the bike needs ridden.

So what's for supper? I'm gonna roll some chix boobs in BBQ sauce & bake 'em,,, salad, maybe a little rice and some Cali-blend veggies. Ol' lady works late and comes home 9-ish on Tuesdays, so it'll be a late dinner. My major challenge is to not nibble a dinner's worth of stuff while waiting and then have dinner again with her. Wish me luck.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    It'll be nice when we reach that comfort zone. We'll have to ask Casper about that.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    Luck, I too am cooking chicken on the grill (holding an umbrella). So glad BBQ season is here.
  • CaptainJim157
    CaptainJim157 Posts: 390
    Options
    Hey guys, Lil dude is back, I'm finally in my 20's! lol (Just) Anyways, hope you are all doing well! :)
    I didn't get that job that I wanted, even after I had the 2nd interview, so I still don't work at all :(
    But at least I get ODSP (Ontario Disability) so I still have some income coming in monthy ^^
    Oh well, I'm sure God has something else planned for me right?
  • CasperO
    Options
    It'll be nice when we reach that comfort zone. We'll have to ask Casper about that.
    Comfort zone,,, hmmmm. Well, I'm pretty close to satisfied, but I don't know if I'll hit a real comfort zone.

In my case I find that goals are getting adjusted. When I started my program I was wearing 40 waist jeans (riding low under a 46" belly) and my goal was just to get back into 36's. I might have had a secret dream of 34's again for the first time since about 9th grade, but I sure never said it out loud.

Well, now I'm wearing 32's. I've progressed beyond my wildest dreams, but I don't feel like i'm "done". I still see room for improvement, and there is no cutting back or laying off - - - well, maybe a little lightening up, but no quitting. I want that last bit of pudge gone from the waist. I want the last bit of moobs to go away. I want to see 199 on the scale just once,,,

There is no comfort zone, just rising goals and expectations. Steven Seagal today wants to look like Seagal 1993, who wanted to look like Stallone 1993, who wanted to look like Van Damme. We're all just progressing along that line,,,

Keep going, I've realized that the journey is the destination. My wife is progressing, and we're doing this together, and it's a good good thing.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I can relate to this forum. Can I join in?
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I can relate to this forum. Can I join in?

Sure, you can join!!! ALL MFP GUYS ARE WELCOMED!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Oh, it's a NEW new forum... I got the email, but didn't realize....

Fork, I'd be happy to "ahem" ENCOURAGE AND LIFT YOU UP when you pose nude... That was what you were askin', right?
  • CasperO
    Options
    Wow,,, I gotta shoot some pics.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Checking in here to the new thread.

I was off the wagon for a while, but the scale didn't move much, so not much harm done. I'm in the middle of putting my house back together after a couple of projects. I was doing Insanity, but I don't have room for it now. My schedule is crazy with the kids, so I'm limited to doing stuff in the house (no running, no going to the gym, etc.). I hope to be done with that for good this weekend, and then I can hit it hard again. I want to see some abs this summer. That's my goal. Then I'll start with trying to put on some good lean weight. The weather is finally nice here again, so at least I got out to walk over lunch.