Like mushrooms and spinach? 64 cal of heaven------->

Replies

• julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Sounds yummy - and I have all the ingredients too!
  • aimeehaven
    aimeehaven Posts: 30 Member
    This sounds amazing!
  • pagsk1
    pagsk1 Posts: 2 Member
    Bump
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
    What a great treat!
  • Stuff I always have in the house, nice ^^ Bump
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Has anyone already entered these in their diary? If so, did you create a "new" food and make it available for others to use? What did you call it? Otherwise, while we know the total calories, what about the protein, fat and fiber content? If you have done the math and figured it out, please share! Thanks!
  • jdsgigi
    jdsgigi Posts: 15 Member
    Yummy!! Bump for later
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Made this yesterday and it tasted great! I did not have spinach so I used some veggies I already had and mushrooms. Also, added minced garlic like someone else said. Thanks for the recipe!
  • joycebrett
    joycebrett Posts: 50 Member
    bump
  • Sounds delicious!
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    mmm!!! Gonna have to try this!
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    bump!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    YUM!
  • bump
  • charzz15
    charzz15 Posts: 2 Member
    That sounds like dinner today! What is "Bump"?
  • Bump for later. Sound so lovely
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Sounds yummy!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Mushroom Spinach Egg Cups

8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
    9-10 oz package baby spinach leaves
    4 eggs
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the mushrooms and olive oil into a pan. Add a bit of water if needed to cook them until tender. Remove from pan.
    Toss the spinach leaves into the same pan used for mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Squeeze out excess water and chop finely. In a mixing bowl, scramble the four eggs. Add the mushrooms, spinach, cheese and salt and pepper. ( I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper but use whatever is good for you. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and portion out into 12 equal servings. Bake in oven on 375 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 3-4 minutes before removing from pan...they come out easier that way.

64 calories of yummy spinach and mushroom perfection. This isnt diet food...this is just delicious! They heat up great in the microwave in 25 seconds. Perfect for cooking on Sundays and then enjoying on busy weekday mornings.

Giving this a try!! It looks amazing... Maybe I made the servings too big? Only got 8 muffin cups...
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    does it need to mozzarella cheese? or will any low fat cheese do? I have Edam at home
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    :love:
  • I made a version of this using laughing cow wedge cheese. Thanks for reminding me of this recipe!! I am going to make it as a side dish tonight.
    Also, I am hosting 12 girls for dinner and Bunco at the end of the month. Please post some great munchies and some light meals and desserts.
    Thanks!!
    Amy
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Sounds like a quiche without the crust. I cook all of the veggies at the same time and then just let it all drain. The mushrooms and veggies have a lot of their own liquid so I never add water. I lightly spray the pan with Pam or use a little drizzle of EVOO. Cuts out a few steps. Add a bit of red onion or scallions and you can use broccoli instead of spinach if your out of the spinach. Just run it through the recipe builder to get your correct calories.
  • I made a version of this using laughing cow wedge cheese. I stuffed whole mushrooms. Are you slicing/chopping your mushrooms??
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 450 Member
    sounds good. I love mushrooms and spinach.. thanks...
  • Not sure if anyone's said it already but instead of having to add so much water and having to squeeze it (and nutrients) out, just use 2-3 sprays of a a spray bottle to give the leaves a coating of water, then cook.
  • rel12345
    rel12345 Posts: 34 Member
    bump
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    bump - sounds great
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    bump!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    These sound delicious, can't wait to try them!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    I will try these this weekend. Thanks!