Options
    Mushroom Spinach Egg Cups

8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
    9-10 oz package baby spinach leaves
    4 eggs
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the mushrooms and olive oil into a pan. Add a bit of water if needed to cook them until tender. Remove from pan.
    Toss the spinach leaves into the same pan used for mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat for 3-4

minutes until wilted. Squeeze out excess water and chop finely. In a mixing bowl, scramble the four eggs. Add the mushrooms, spinach, cheese and salt and pepper. ( I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper but use whatever is good for you. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and portion out into 12 equal servings. Bake in oven on 375 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 3-4 minutes before removing from pan...they come out easier that way.

64 calories of yummy spinach and mushroom perfection. This isnt diet food...this is just delicious! They heat up great in the microwave in 25 seconds. Perfect for cooking on Sundays and then enjoying on busy weekday mornings.
    :bigsmile: Can I use egg white>?????
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy - and I have all the ingredients too!
  • aimeehaven
    aimeehaven Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing!
  • pagsk1
    pagsk1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What a great treat!
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    Stuff I always have in the house, nice ^^ Bump
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Has anyone already entered these in their diary? If so, did you create a "new" food and make it available for others to use? What did you call it? Otherwise, while we know the total calories, what about the protein, fat and fiber content? If you have done the math and figured it out, please share! Thanks!
  • jdsgigi
    jdsgigi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! Bump for later
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Made this yesterday and it tasted great! I did not have spinach so I used some veggies I already had and mushrooms. Also, added minced garlic like someone else said. Thanks for the recipe!
  • joycebrett
    joycebrett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JosefinTonks
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    mmm!!! Gonna have to try this!
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • theMIDDLE
    Options
    bump
  • charzz15
    charzz15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds like dinner today! What is "Bump"?
  • paulipet
    Options
    Bump for later. Sound so lovely
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Mushroom Spinach Egg Cups

8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
    9-10 oz package baby spinach leaves
    4 eggs
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the mushrooms and olive oil into a pan. Add a bit of water if needed to cook them until tender. Remove from pan.
    Toss the spinach leaves into the same pan used for mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Squeeze out excess water and chop finely. In a mixing bowl, scramble the four eggs. Add the mushrooms, spinach, cheese and salt and pepper. ( I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper but use whatever is good for you. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and portion out into 12 equal servings. Bake in oven on 375 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 3-4 minutes before removing from pan...they come out easier that way.

64 calories of yummy spinach and mushroom perfection. This isnt diet food...this is just delicious! They heat up great in the microwave in 25 seconds. Perfect for cooking on Sundays and then enjoying on busy weekday mornings.

Giving this a try!! It looks amazing... Maybe I made the servings too big? Only got 8 muffin cups...
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    does it need to mozzarella cheese? or will any low fat cheese do? I have Edam at home