Like mushrooms and spinach? 64 cal of heaven------->

Options

Replies

• flash3967
    Options
    I made a version of this using laughing cow wedge cheese. Thanks for reminding me of this recipe!! I am going to make it as a side dish tonight.
    Also, I am hosting 12 girls for dinner and Bunco at the end of the month. Please post some great munchies and some light meals and desserts.
    Thanks!!
    Amy
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a quiche without the crust. I cook all of the veggies at the same time and then just let it all drain. The mushrooms and veggies have a lot of their own liquid so I never add water. I lightly spray the pan with Pam or use a little drizzle of EVOO. Cuts out a few steps. Add a bit of red onion or scallions and you can use broccoli instead of spinach if your out of the spinach. Just run it through the recipe builder to get your correct calories.
  • flash3967
    Options
    I made a version of this using laughing cow wedge cheese. I stuffed whole mushrooms. Are you slicing/chopping your mushrooms??
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    sounds good. I love mushrooms and spinach.. thanks...
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Not sure if anyone's said it already but instead of having to add so much water and having to squeeze it (and nutrients) out, just use 2-3 sprays of a a spray bottle to give the leaves a coating of water, then cook.
  • rel12345
    rel12345 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump - sounds great
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious, can't wait to try them!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I will try these this weekend. Thanks!
  • starryk
    Options
    I make something similar to this every week - sometimes changing the ingredients - but I use egg beaters.. they are awesome to cook with.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    sounds so simple. Making some tonight!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have added the recipe to the site now under Spinach Mushroom Egg Cups. The calorie count is off by three calories as I couldn't find an 8 ounce package of mushrooms as an ingredient option, so I used 5 ounces of mushrooms. :)
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I finally made these today, and they are delicious! My husband loved them also. Looking forward to having them for breakfasts this week.

My modifications:

I sauteed the mushrooms first, then added the spinach to them. I also added 1/4 cup chopped onion and a bit of garlic powder. I didn't add any water and just cooked the mixture until it was fairly dry. I found it a little hard to divide the final egg mixture evenly, so next time I think I will portion out the mushroom-spinach into the muffin cups first, then pour the scrambled eggs over the top.

Thanks for sharing!
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have added the recipe to the site now under Spinach Mushroom Egg Cups. The calorie count is off by three calories as I couldn't find an 8 ounce package of mushrooms as an ingredient option, so I used 5 ounces of mushrooms. :)

Thanks for sharing! : )
  • jackieg218
    jackieg218 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump for later