Date him or not - help please??

Options

Replies

• Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I say just go for it. Go on one date and see where it goes. Who knows this may be your husband :0

^^ this.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    He told you why he hadn't asked before...you never gave him a sign you were interested, now you have. I'd go for it, chances are he isn't going to stalk you or drug you, he wouldn't have waited 6 years to do that...just saying.

If you are attracted to him in anyway, always give it a shot, and don't let your inner turmoil show, you haven't shown it before to him, guys (and girls for that matter) like confidence...enjoy yourself, life is short, why the hell not.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should definitely go. You get along like a house on fire, your not in the same office and if nothing else looks like you'll have a great laugh! X
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    RISKS

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool,
    To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
    To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
    To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self.
    To place your ideas and your dreams before the crowd is to risk being called naive.
    To love is to risk not being loved in return,
    To live is to risk dying,
    To hope is to risk despair,
    To try is to risk failure

But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
    The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing.
    He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love.
    Chained by his certitude, he is a slave; he has forfeited his freedom.
    Only the person who risks is truly free.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Oh, for heaven's sake! Go! :bigsmile:

You two obviously get along fabulously, and have for six years. Even if nothing comes of it, you'll still have a great date on V-night.

He sounds interested in you...

Let us know how it goes! Inquiring minds will want to know. :wink:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    What exactly is "taking the mickey"?
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Go For It!!!! :)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Let me be the KILL JOY...here is the question. If things go south what effect could it have on the businesses?
  • sugarushlala
    sugarushlala Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    RISKS

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool,
    To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
    To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
    To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self.
    To place your ideas and your dreams before the crowd is to risk being called naive.
    To love is to risk not being loved in return,
    To live is to risk dying,
    To hope is to risk despair,
    To try is to risk failure

But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
    The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing.
    He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love.
    Chained by his certitude, he is a slave; he has forfeited his freedom.
    Only the person who risks is truly free.

Wow! This! ^^^
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, what does "taking the Mickey out" mean?

It means making fun out of someone.. banter

really? I have never heard that in my entire life. Is that a UK thing or something?
  • hrubyk1804
    Options
    We women always over-think things. Just go! Have fun, don't over-analyze it and see what happens. You never know, it could turn out wonderfully!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    quit asking us to help you make up your mind because you are scared.

Just do it.

if it doesn't work, it doesn't work....you get embarassed, you walk away and you recover...

BUT....if it does work....BOOM....Magic.

and you are already friends....that's miles ahead of anyone else....you know you have that part down.

Just do it...take a deep breath and plunge and do it.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I think you should accept. This guy might have been carrying on for years literally not knowing you were interested because guys are just that way. Unless you spell it out for them, ESPECIALLY in a virtual communication relationship, he mostly likely truly didnt think you were interested. Men are simple.

If he added you on FB hes thinking about you. he is interested. Do it.
  • Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Do it DO it! Don't stress too much, if he does like you more than a friend he fell for the Lady who could joke around with him. Just be yourself and make sure you come back a year later and post wedding dress pictures :wink:
  • AbbieZabba
    Options
    You're over thinking it. :wink:
    Go out and have fun with someone who makes you laugh. :laugh:
    Lucky you to have someone want to be with you on Valentines Day :heart:
  • suew14
    Options
    I met my husband through work. He was a client of mine for a couple of years. We stayed friends after the project was over and joked about dating. We had never met in person. He lived in Maine, I live in Colorado. Long story short, we started dating, he moved to Colorado and we have been married for almost 8 years. I say go for it. You were friends first. That's even better. Be confident, relax and have fun!!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    F that. Dating is for the scared. Ask him to marry you
  • biffdaddy
    Options
    In my experience, the best relationships are built from the ground up. They start with a friendly non-threatening basis and grow from there if and when those feeling evolve in both persons. It souonds like the two of you have laid the groundwork to give it a chance. If you are truely interested in taking a freindship to the next level, go for it!

By the way, don't ever sell yourself short. Good people have a habit of seeing the good in other people no matter what.. I credit my being married for 22 years on this fact. I was always a bit nerdy and not the best looking guy in a bunch. If my wife hadn't seen past my exterior, I would still be lonely. 10 kids and 2 grandchildren later, I am quite fulfilled. Don't leave a potential chance at happieness lay untried. Best of luch in whatever you decide.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Do it, if you don't you will always wonder what if.

I agree with this.