any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• pinchincents
    Options
    Each and every one of you (including you Joanne :) are stunning!!!! I wonder how am I ever going to lose the 100 lbs I gained after 5 kids (the youngest two are 2 and 1 years old) and 8 miscarriages. I'm 32 myself. One of my biggest pushes is my mom who is 63 years old and is in too much pain to move. She refuses to see a doctor due to anxiety and I keep praying she feels better and that it is not too late for her to start moving and get healthy. She has started to drink more water since I have and I'm hoping that with seeing any of my results, she will quit being lazy and finally use the body God blessed her with before it is too late. She has a lot of pain when she tries to lift her arms and also has pains in one of her upper thighs. I know it doesn't sound good, but she has to make the decision to be seen by a doctor. Her dad died of a blood clot in his leg traveling to his heart - I worry that with her.

I am going to try to get her to see your photos. She hates the internet, but I hope it will give her the inspiration you all have given me. I want to be an old grandma living to the beautiful age of 90+. My great great uncle lived to 100 and I know it is possible. A 93 year old women was just on the news talking about her eating and work out program - she was awesome!! There really is no excuse. If you want to die early then sit on your butt, if you want to lead by example and live a strong, healthy life then you have to eat properly and move that body.

You all are so pretty! I hope you will continue to post more pictures encouraging those of us who are struggling.

God bless <3
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 50, and was until recently in alot of pain, joint pain. It hurt to move, to stay still. I knew I needed to move, to incornporate exercise back into my life, but making that personal decision was tough. I had finally had enough. The first week of Jan 13', I got on my Schwinn airdyne bike, and made myself go for 6 minutes. I was winded. That's how out of shape I was.
    The next day, I went for 7 minutes. Here it is, January 28th, and I am now up to 20 minutes on the stationary bike. One good thing...my joints no longer hurt to move them. and I sleep better at night.
    Now, I would not recommend anyone doing anything different unless they consult with their primary care physician first. Only your Dr would know if your current state of health will allow you to make any changes...even if they are for the positive.
  • ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    keeponkickin - Thank you for sharing those photos. I have lost 55 pounds thus far and would like to lose 50ish more. I'm sort of stuck right now and am working on getting my mojo back. Your pictures help! (Gotta figure out how to put photos in here so I can share mine.)

I put my before and current photo in my profile.
  • ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and just recently diagnosed with RA. I use to run but the RA has changed how I exercise. I would love to loose 10 pounds and just feel healthy again. It is great to see other women over 50 who have lost the weight. It is not easy!!

I exercise in the water. The class I'm taking is a water walking class and just before it, there is an arthritis class. I've "graduated" to doing water Zumba once a week now, and I feel so grown up! I don't have RA, but I have had two knee replacements. The water is our friend.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Don't kid yourself, Jo, you look phenomenol!! Great job! You ROCK, Girlfriend!!
    :happy:
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Joanneweightloss_zpsa2d88d2d.jpg
    Hi Mel!
    I'm Joanne (55). I've yoyo-ed with the same 60 lbs most of my adult life.
    The picture on the left was taken 7 years ago.
    I'm now 40 pounds less, and altho I have wrinkles and flabby skin, I "feel" stronger and more "alive" than any other time in my life!
    I may not look great on the outside, but maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle is worth so much more.
    Blessings on your journey!
    Jo

Don't sell yourself short, Jo! You look incredible!!
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing - and giving me one less excuse! You are inspiring!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Love this thread, congratulations to all! Very inspiring!!
  • aamtodd
    aamtodd Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    "Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body. "
    Cindy - you look absolutely amazing! What a journey you have been on over the past 2 years. You are just transformed - you look so fit and happy.
  • sukielovesveggies
    sukielovesveggies Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump ladies!
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing - and giving me one less excuse! You are inspiring!
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who shared! I am 64 and started MFP and got serious on January 1, 2013. I'm down 8 lbs (weigh in day is Tuesday, so hoping for at least another pound). I can't wait till I can share pictures on here. I want to be able to feel good on our vacation in June to New England in order to walk the Freedom Trail in Boston and see the sights in Philadelphia and DC.
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look fantastic. What an inspiration.
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow, these are wonderfully inspiring stories! Thank you to everyone for sharing them.
  • WinBattle
    WinBattle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think you look great on the outside and I'm glad you feel stronger which is more important. Congrats!
  • abbie40ca
    abbie40ca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    amazing !! Quite the inspiration you all are!! wow
    One day i will be able to post an after pic :) working at it!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 57 years young. I lost 12 before I joined my fitness pal. Then I joined my fitness pal and lost another 14. I just came back from a trip so I am working to take off the four I gained.. I find posting what I eat very helpful. I went from 190 to 164. Right now I am 168. I am trying to maintain 164-166. I haven't had a chance to post pictures yet. One hint I learned It is important when you are losing weight that you eat enough protein so you do not lose muscle as you lose weight especially for us over 50. I do feel much better since I have lost those 22- 26 pounds. I found fitness pal helps keep me in check. Good luck to you I know you can do it.:heart:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts and pictures, I am 57 and have been "fat and happy" for the last 10 years. I want to be healthy and happy for the next 30. I love the before and after pictures, gives me hope.
  • Penny1328
    Penny1328 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started here today. Hopefully I will have a success story soon! I was recently considering bariatric surgery but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do this. It's very scary and it can't be reversed! So I found my way here and I'm really going to try this one last time. I've read many of your success stories and seen your before and after pictures and I'm truly inspired!
    I'm over 50, in fact I'm 64! Can't believe it but I am. Time is going by too quickly so I can't afford to waste any more time! I want to be able to chase after my grand babies! I want to feel and look good! I want to have less pain in my joints and my back! I want all these things and more! So it's time I lose this ugly fat and get healthy!!!!!
    So if anyone wants to be my friend, feel free to add me. Together we can all be successful!!
  • bethb03
    Options
    What an inspiration all you ladies are! I was sitting here feeling antsy about all the weight I have to lose and how I feel I've waisted so much time but you all have given me such hope, thank you! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!