fruit
    nuts
    cereals

put in freezer for about 20-30mins

enjoy

This is pretty much what I do too.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Chocolate cake, Parmesan chicken, home made Greek Fro-yo, in overnight oats and in place of sour cream on fajitas.
  • 6Petite
    6Petite Posts: 41 Member
    bump
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Love this thread. Greek yogurt is a staple in my fridge! Parfaits, oatmeal, bread/muffin recipes (and this includes pancakes - you can substitute it for buttermilk, dips, substitute for sour cream or mayo, popsicles/smoothies, dressing, with a bit of honey it can even be a great whipped cream substitute.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    How I use Greek yogurt:

1) As a dip for hard-boiled eggs. I add 1 tsp of dried orange peel to ¼ cup of Greek yogurt, blend with a spoon, and dip my hard-boiled eggs in it. Yum!

2) As a substitute for sour cream or mayonnaise in my chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad (you get the idea :laugh: ).

3) Occasionally as a substitute for coconut milk in my curries.

4) In BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad (http://iowagirleats.com/2012/06/05/bbq-chicken-quinoa-salad/).
  • Rjsmith07
    Rjsmith07 Posts: 49 Member
    Chocolate cake, Parmesan chicken, home made Greek Fro-yo, in overnight oats and in place of sour cream on fajitas.

So... I made overnight oats last night and was sooo excited bc I love when I am making my son oatmeal, after I add the milk to just taste it bc cold oatmeal is so good to me but anyways.... it was horrible!
    This is what I did (off memory, maybe have some measurements wrong)
    1/2 c Oats
    1/2 c Plain greek yogurt
    2/3 cup of Almond milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

Added 1/2 banana and Truvia this am and it was not good at all!!!! WHAT DID I DO WRONG?
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Eating.. Plain.

Or with vanilla sugar.
  • I have used it as a spread on Bagels and toast.
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    everything!!! I LOVE IT! I use FAGE nonfat/plain with stevia and berries for a sweet treat. I use it in place of sour cream, and in place of mayo for tuna salad. It's also awesome with a ranch packet for a dip for veggies.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Oh man, where do I begin.... [I use plain greek yogurt]

- Sour cream on anything that's sour cream worthy- baked potatoes, mexican food, etc
    - Alfredo sauce base (mixed with blended cottage cheese, garlic, and a few other things)
    - Cajun pasta sauce (mix with garlic, cajun, salt, couple other things)
    - "Salad" bases, such as tuna salad, chicken salad & egg salad
    - Dip bases (mix with ranch packets or Frank's & garlic for buffalo dip)
    - Recipes that call for soups such as cream of mushroom, etc. I just use the yogurt and add the seasonings/veggies/flavor that gets close to the soup flavor
  • Lovin this post! So many great ideas, can't wait to try some :happy:
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    I used it as a mayo replacement for egg salad once! It was great & you could hardly tell the difference! For one egg, I used half a container & added parsley :)
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    I use it like I would sour cream. I could eat a tub of sour cream by itself and now I'm finally starting to feel that way about plain greek yogurt. It took me a long time to just eat it off a spoon like sour cream but last week after watching Dr. Oz, I tried the Oinko's (sp?) plain.

He suggested to lose belly fat to eat 6 oz of greek yogurt before every meal. So for the first day I ate the yogurt before I ate the meal which did help me eat less. Then I just started adding it to my meal and man, it was good.

After almost eating most of the yogurt, I notice on the container that it was made with whole milk. Dang, I don't know how I missed that all that time. I will be more watchful next time.
  • Like some of the other posts I use plain greek yogurt as a sour cream replacement.

To me it takes the same as a full fat sour cream and I looooovvveee my sour cream. I haven't expanded to using it to make veggie dips but that's next.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Bump, for later.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Bump for the ideas....
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    1 c Fage 0% fat Greek Yogurt
    1 tbsp PB2 (or PB2 chocolate)
    1 tbsp (or less) honey

mix it up and enjoy!

I also use it in my smoothies and as a sour cream replacement
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I love to make dip for grilled chicken, using greek yogurt, lemon juice, oregano, and ground black pepper.

Yes... I seen someone say they add a packet of the dry ranch mix to it to make ranch dip for their veggies and things. Haven't tried that yet
    [/quote]

I brought this to a superbowl party! I got one of those big containers of Chobani 0% plain yogurt and added half a packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix, Mrs. Dash italian blend and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Cut up lots of veggies and brought a big veggie platter with the dip. It was gone by the end of the game so I'm guessing people liked it, and it's totally guilt-free. I've since made personal-sized dips with the 6oz containers of yogurt.
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Sounds delicious... It is so versitle like sour cream how could you not use it with just about everything...

Oh man, where do I begin.... [I use plain greek yogurt]

- Sour cream on anything that's sour cream worthy- baked potatoes, mexican food, etc
    - Alfredo sauce base (mixed with blended cottage cheese, garlic, and a few other things)
    - Cajun pasta sauce (mix with garlic, cajun, salt, couple other things)
    - "Salad" bases, such as tuna salad, chicken salad & egg salad
    - Dip bases (mix with ranch packets or Frank's & garlic for buffalo dip)
    - Recipes that call for soups such as cream of mushroom, etc. I just use the yogurt and add the seasonings/veggies/flavor that gets close to the soup flavor
  • mbouf94
    mbouf94 Posts: 31 Member
    I use plain Greek yogurt where people would use sour cream (tacos, fajitas, baked potato etc...). I eat vanilla Greek yogurt as a snack, post workout or breakfast.

I have baked with vanilla Greek yogurt in place of eggs in recipes. I make an eggless Zucchini bread that uses 3/4 Greek yogurt as the base. Delicious