SO TIRED OF NOSEY PPL AT THE GYM!!!

Options

Replies

• 3liza
    3liza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok, I feel the need to tell everyone who answered to this post that I'm somewhat embarrassed. Apparently, I didn't know what it was to get "hit on" at the gym. I just told my husband and he answered w/ the same response. "I need to go with you so those douche bags stop hitting on you" ... I never really considered that.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Ok, I feel the need to tell everyone who answered to this post that I'm somewhat embarrassed. Apparently, I didn't know what it was to get "hit on" at the gym. I just told my husband and he answered w/ the same response. "I need to go with you so those douche bags stop hitting on you" ... I never really considered that.

*rolls eyes*

Really? You like totally had no clue?

Doubtful.

Shameless brag. Yer doin' it right.
  • 3liza
    Options
    Write about it on a forum in the hope that they read it and get the message.

Oh, hang-on...

What I actually meant was tell them.

It is easy to get the two confused but one does nothing to solve the problem. You decide which...

Thank You. Will do.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    (hope this works...)

MjAxMi1mNTc2NTNiMmFmZmVmZTg0.png
  • 3liza
    Options
    I once had a guy come stand next to me at the urinal and, as he was doing his business, started trying to chat me up (and not just "hey what's up" but like "HEY MAN!! HOW ARE YOU DOING!! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!) .....I tried to ignore him but finally had to say I want to pee in silence, after which he went on and on about how weird a guy I am. Frankly, maybe I'm wrong (too put in context for women...I think most men are not too chatty in the bathroom, particularly w/ strangers, for the most part), but I'm taking a leak at the gym mid-way through my workout...I've got my business in my hands, and just don't want some random dude chatting me up during this from less than 12 inches to my left. I tried to sort of even apologize at the sink after (not sure why I bothered, I guess I'm an emo-twerp too sensitive to people's feelings) and then he was all loud and like "no, sorry, I like silence while I'm washing my hands...what a weird guy you are".....etc...etc.....

at that point I just left, although I wish I had told him "hey, I'll be taking a dump later in case you want to have a conversation then". ;)

sorry if I've offended anyone w/ this slightly racy matter!!

bottom line - there's a lot of odd people out there. just do your thing.

lol
  • runningforthin
    runningforthin Posts: 3 Member
    Options

*rolls eyes*

Really? You like totally had no clue?

Doubtful.

Shameless brag. Yer doin' it right.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Look pissed off and fart a lot, works for me every single day
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    headphones, ignore, solved.
    Damn you beat me to it. :laugh:
    Headphones and don't make eye contact.
    Or maybe they think you are cute & just want an excuse to talk to you.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I suppose if you don't have the patience to spell out "people" unsolicited advice might drive you to stop going to the gym.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    wish someone would speak to me at my gym......

I hear ya...
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Me thinks someone wanted to brag about how often she gets hit on at the gym without bragging about how often she gets hit on at the gym. Well played.

or maybe she is addressing a real issue that discourages women from attending the gym or moving out of their comfort zone from the treadmil to the weights section with "the boys"

^^^This!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I suppose the guys going there aren't as average... the thing is that once they get my attn they completely change subjets from exercise to are you married?.....WTF!!!! ..........................
    Why don't I read farther before replying?!?!?!!!

I understand now. You are obviously going to a gym designed exclusively for census bureau interviewers.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Even if they tap you on the shoulder, just shake your head and avoid eye contact. Yeah, it's a little rude, but it will quickly and most likely permanently get them to leave you alone.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    so annoying! something similar just happened to me last night at my gym. I was riding the bike and a girl sat down next to me and would not-so-secretively snag a peek at how many calories I had burned. Then, when I would speed up, she would too so that I wasn't going faster than her. Coincidence, maybe... either way, I found it distracting.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Me thinks someone wanted to brag about how often she gets hit on at the gym without bragging about how often she gets hit on at the gym. Well played.
    Yeah that's how it read to me too.
  • rdpage90
    Options
    I wouldn't get irritated about it. There are people who have probably been at that gym many years and know (not trying to be rude) a lot more than you about the stuff you are doing.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Pretend you are deaf and do some sign language gestures...wait no....then they would just talk louder or touch you to "show you" how to do things...
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    By the way, your picture of the cat in the fridge is so cute and funny. Love it...
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Look pissed off and fart a lot, works for me every single day

:laugh: :laugh: You can fart on command! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That would likely just attract my husband.
  • martinh78
    Options
    so annoying! something similar just happened to me last night at my gym. I was riding the bike and a girl sat down next to me and would not-so-secretively snag a peek at how many calories I had burned. Then, when I would speed up, she would too so that I wasn't going faster than her. Coincidence, maybe... either way, I found it distracting.

Two women did the same to me on the exercise bike. Then I heard them chatting about how disgusting it was I was sweating so hard as I had only been on it fo 10 minutes...

They weren't in the 50mins before that when I completed a 5k run and 3k row, the 10k bike ride was my cool down :laugh: :laugh: