Tramp Stamp? Like/Dislike

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i dislike the TERM. i've seen great art and i've seen crap art on a LOT of bodies and in a LOT of placements. i've seen some really sexy work on the lower back, and i've seen some terrible work. depends on the design and the artist.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    418847_10150550385482382_736280254_n.jpg
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person and the tattoo. This is like asking if you like pants. Which, in my case, would be "no."
  • mickiebabs
    mickiebabs Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It was originally my reward for reaching my goal weight and staying at my goal weight for at least 6 months. But hubbs had an absolute fit over the idea. When we married, I had 5 tattoos, my tongue pierced and two holes in each ear so it's not like it was a shock that I'd want something but he's against me getting ANYTHING done. I even mentioned having the kids' baby foot prints tattooed on my shoulder and that caused a week long fight.

So, as much as I'd like the idea of a "tramp stamp," they are a no go for me.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I don't have a "tramp stamp", but I have a full back piece, which sometimes may look like a "tramp stamp" when my shirt rises. I say ,to each their own. People have tattoos everywhere. Some are beautiful, some are ****ty. I'm currently working on my sleeve, which a lot of people think is inappropriate for a chick. Whatevs! I love my ink.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy to look through all the replies. Has anybody asked the OP if he was asking because he wants one for himself?
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that turns me off faster than a woman/girl with a tattoo. I'm glad I'm not working in the health-care industry in about 50 years when all those sagging tattoos check in....gross!!!!!

I'm glad you won't be too; nurses and doctors should not judge bodies, here they are professional :wink:
  • angelsb0nes
    angelsb0nes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about lower back tattoos? I like tattoos on pretty much any part of the body. :) Can't wait to cover myself in them.
    Giving lower back tattoos a label such as 'tramp stamp' is just unnecessarily demeaning women who choose to get inked.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have one. The kanji character "dragon." It's my husband's sign (year of the dragon). I think the character is beautiful. He thinks the tattoo is hot. And really, who else do I have to impress? And no, I don't HAVE to impress him, but it sure is fun.
  • sccet
    sccet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Only when they read, "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."
  • angelsb0nes
    angelsb0nes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dislike any on a female. Shows my age I guess.
    Shows your sexism I guess.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Got mine in 1998, before it had a name. Wanted it somewhere I could cover up since I was in college and not sure what I was going to be just yet. Doesn't seem to bother my hubby either. Could care less if others like it since nobody sees it unless I'm in a swim suit or being badass and running with no t-shirt over my sports bra.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Bah, you guys. Half of you are so awful.

Please imagine me later--with my so-called tramp stamp--taking my daily walk totally Haters Gonna Hate style.

AND BEING COMPLETELY AWESOME.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Edited: website did double post; deleting this one; see next post below.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about tramp stamps that I feel about any tattoo.

Sometimes they are really cute.
    And sometimes they are really cheap looking.

Depends on the tattoo and the artist who drew it.
    ^THIS. There's one TS that sticks out in my mind. I was waiting in a long returns line at Walmart. The lady at the front of the line was wearing low cut jeans. When she bent over to sign a receipt, her TS appeared... it was a pair of heavily-mascara'd women's eyes with curled fingers underneath. As apparently designed, the tat looked like a woman inside her pant peeking out over her waistband. I thought it looked really cool from the angle I was viewing, but imagined that it might look REALLY creepy since by itself (e.g. without the context of pants/panties). But hey, that's why our eyes have lids and lights have 'off' switches, right?
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wish I had more hands so I could give that tattoo four thumbs down...
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about lower back tattoos? I like tattoos on pretty much any part of the body. :) Can't wait to cover myself in them.
    Giving lower back tattoos a label such as 'tramp stamp' is just unnecessarily demeaning women who choose to get inked.

tramp.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it! Its a Starman from Mario and split above/below is the lyric "there's a starman waiting in the sky" in the font from the end of the original mario game. So we married mario and david bowie,lol. My partner designed it for me. I have four tattoos as of now.

There can be only one Starman....

RUSH-Starman.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Personally they don't bother me...............unless it's a female over 40 getting one to try to compete with the 20 year old females. If you're smokin' hot at 40 without one, there's no need to get one.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    You need no target, why ruin a perfect line? Plus the back dimples are where your thumbs go anyway.

260845_figura_-dzhinsy_-krasota_small_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg