Bacon (to eat or not to eat)

Options

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Eat it as often as humanly possible. Everything is better with bacon.

^ Totally agreed!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I eat it about 3 times a week myself and I've lost 40 pounds in the past 6 months.

So if I eat it every day of the week I could lose 80 pounds in 6 months! This is better than the ice-cream secret! Why has this been kept from me!!!!!!!
  • SammiSpring
    Options
    Grease and red-meat are not good for your heart and arteries in large quantities. As long as you eat it in moderation, it should be fine! If you're calorie counting, there isn't anything off limits.
  • Dzambhala
    Dzambhala Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just ate it, literally 5 minutes ago. It was yummy :)

As has been previously mentioned, if you trim the fat (after you cook it, it contains flavor) and then you can also pat the rashers dry with kitchen paper if you want to get every last drop of fat.

Each rasher I just had, had 54 calories in each one, not that bad really.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    A world without bacon is not a world I want to live in. :cry:
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I eat it a couple of times a week. There are few food things better than extra-extra crispy bacon that just melts in your mouth. mmmm. Eat it, log it, move on.

Turkey bacon = not real bacon, Not even close.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I couldn't live with out my occasional BLT :)) ewww I tried that turkey bacon..not sure what brand it was..wont buy that again!
  • stacifahlsing
    stacifahlsing Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's sells a nitrate free lower fat version of pork bacon... it is actually REALLY good. It is real bacon, but just sodium nitrate to reduce the cancer connection mentioned before. I am with all those who said that life without bacon wouldn't be a good life. Eat it once in awhile. If you eat it often make really wise choices on sodium levels, nitrate levels and fat content. Enjoy!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Bacon is great, just fit it in your Macro's for the day, and you are good to go, I would just try to find a nitrate free one though.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    mmmm nice crispy bacon. Also venison bacon is very yummy. Okay it still mixed with pork to add some fat, but ommm nom nom
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon medallions, yummy!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    1.Pork is very fattening. Pork is one of the fattiest meats that you can consume. Eating pork continually will pack on the pounds much faster as compared with eating other lean meats like chicken and turkey. If you like bacon you're better off switching to turkey bacon as it is a healthier alternative.

2. Pigs are smarter then dogs. They have emotions and feel pain just like humans.

3. Pig skin is very similar in composition to human skin. It is said that pork even tastes like human flesh because of their similar biology. Back in the Middle Ages there was a time with autopsies on humans were not allowed. Medical students had to use pigs to practice on. This was done because the anatomy of a pig also has many other similarities to humans.

4. Toxins. A pig's body contains many toxins because they are bottom dwellers meaning they eat food which is devoid of nutrition (pig slop). They eat the left over junk and some pigs eat their own feces. These animals store massive amounts of toxins in their fat, which is then passed on to you if you eat it.

5. Pigs live in filth. Pigs roll around and live their lives in filth, mud, and feces. Pigs are like garbage disposals eating up every nasty thing they can find.

6. Influenza. Pigs carry a mutated influenza virus in their lungs which has been passed on to humans through consumption.

7. One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinellosis or trichinosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm.

This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body who consumes this infected meat flesh. And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinellosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid.

The only part of what you said here that actually answers the OP's question is your number 1, and that is so wrong that it makes the whole post just useless, since she didn't ask for any of the other information you provided. Also what does it matter with how smart an animal is weather you are going to kill it, and eat it, or not? Do you only eat dumb animals? Do walk around punching dumb people in the face, and high fiving smart people?
    Fear mongering at its best. People just can't help but push things on other people even if they don't care.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Eat it as often as humanly possible. Everything is better with bacon.
    :laugh: YUP!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A world without bacon is not a world I want to live in. :cry:

^^^ THIS ^^^
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    As long as you're staying within your calorie intake for the day, no certain food is going to keep you from losing weight (or make you gain weight).

this
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't even eat meat, I love pigs and and am so sad about them being killed for food.

But it's BACON, eat that up! It's delicious.
  • macaya5
    Options
    tumblr_m8pj13ewrz1r9wupno1_400.png
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    2. Pigs are smarter then dogs. They have emotions and feel pain just like humans.
    Dogs don't make good bacon.

Actually laughed out loud!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i eat bacon on the weekends. About two slices and it hasnt affected my weight loss. And its soooo good!!