Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yep, 47 and 40 to go. Onward!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 - my goal is to lose 40 pounds by my 45th in September
  • lynn324
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am 55 and like everyone else have gained weight through the years and now need to shed those pounds to manage my type 2 diabetes. I have successfully logged my meals for 5 days which is probably the longest I have ever tracked what I ate so I'm optimistic that My Fitness Pal will work for me.
  • dianebutters1
    dianebutters1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello, all, i am 48 . i am gonna start with losing 50 lbs i think this posting stuff will keep me honest, and get better feedback then just my husband and kids. plus i want to be around for my grandson.:smile:
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    43 years old....and I'm okay with that! :)
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    46 .. will be 47 in May .. Profile pic is of me less than 15 months ago . Basically maintaining .. ❤❤❤ Happy with my weight
  • barefoot_girl
    Options
    41 here (I rarely ever admit my age) and trying hard to be more fit and healthy in this part of my life. I'm goaling myself to lose 45 lbs more this year. :happy:

Oh, and this is my first post to MFP. Hi y'all!
  • yellowabc
    Options
    I am a 49-year-old guy who started this program 6 weeks ago as a rehashed New Year's resolution, one I've never been motivated to fulfill in the past. What was different for me this time was staring at turning the big 5-0 that is happening this summer. I had my last unmonitored meal January 6th and then after that discovered MFP and have been faithfully logging in since then. MFP has really opened my eyes as to what I was eating, and I credit it with helping me already achieve my albeit modest end-of-year goal, which is my weight when I was age 45 (-15 lb). Now I'm now working on my stretch goal (my weight at age 40, -27 lb) and once I get there, I'll do my dream goal (my weight at age 30, -47 lb). I'm so happy to have made this decision and to have joined this group. Your collective posts are informative, encouraging, and inspiring. Best wishes to all of you on your respective journeys!
  • Althasaur
    Options
    I am 39, turning 40 in November,
    So far I am going well I believe, even a small increase in activity is good at the moment, and not having to worry about shopping is also great (I am on Lite n Easy).
  • cbrooks1232
    cbrooks1232 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 51 years old and started MFP this week. Glad to see some old gals here with me!!
    Started at 212 with a mid goal of 185 and and end goal of 145, so roughly 65 lbs.

BTW I love being the age I am. Love it. Except for that achy joint thing. What's up with that?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I am 50, and my short term goal is to be under 200lbs when I turn 51 in June.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me.
  • heatherheather45
    Options
    hi to all those trying to loose weight im 51 and just come back to myfitness pal after giving weight watchers a try and not losong any weight, so am giving this a try i wish you all a very good luck
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi I'll be 40 in may and Im not upset about it!!! :bigsmile:
  • Sandra_M
    Sandra_M Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    48 and determined to lose weight and get a bit fitter...
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    47 and loving it!!
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 later this year...I enjoy being part of MFP. I've recommitted myself to a healthier lifestyle.
  • chriskmusic
    Options
    58 here. Started out at 172lb. Work in entertainment business. Had beer belly I wasn't happy with. Got diagnosed with HEPC1a three weeks ago. That was the motivator. A bunch of the kids I work with work out .. some have lost 30-40 lbs in past six to nine months. One introduced me to MFP. I've been religious about the food I eat. Stopped drinking beer. Stopped smoking. Target food = 500 calories a meal + 300 calories in snacks, all high in super foods. Been doing Nordic training three days a week = 400 calories at a time. Taking up corerobics program in two weeks three days a week. Best friend gave me a bike for xmas --- will begin riding as soon as spring arrives. Want to be 145 with abs and strong legs by Aug 3. I will begin HEP treatments following festival season Sept 1. Want to run marathon for my 60th birthday in 2015.

37125704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just turned 47 :)
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 50 last Friday.

Happy belated birthday! I'll be 50 in October.

Looks like we've lost the same amount of weight.

I'm pretty fit. Have run a few half marathons in the last ten years. But I really like food. Good food. Logging it has been a real eye-opener and when you see the calories add up you think twice about another glass of wine or bowl of noodles. Since I make the meals at home it's not a problem to swap chicken and fish for beef and pasta.

My reasons for wanting to lose weight are purely shallow. I want to wear skinny clothes. And boots that fit over my calves. And white jeans. And not have to choose clothes that minimize/downplay/cover up. And not have to squeeze into things.

My husband couldn't care less. And I'm not worried about my health. I have a BMI of 25 and I'd like to get to 21. Can anyone relate?