Wow wow wow , you have done so well so inspirational

Looking fab tooo
  • shaneewilliams51
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing!!!!
  • ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well done you, thats great! just starting out and reading others success stories gets me motivated.
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the kind words & support! I'm a bit overwhelmed by the response :)

I've had a load of questions in PMs and such and, while this is buried at the end of the post, maybe others with similar questions will stumble upon it...

My Height: 5'3-5'4 (it seems to vary)

Weight history: I was not always overweight. I wasn't very athletic as a kid, but I was fit enough and loved the water - swim team, life guard, etc. I went to college a size 5/7. I left college a size 13. I continued to gain through my twenties & thirties. Didn't do much yo-yo dieting or anything. I did try to lose a few times. I did South Beach in my early 30s and went from a size 18/20 to a size 22. I swore off dieting at that point and just resigned myself to always being fat. By 40 I had had enough of that... mostly had enough of finding excuses to not do things I wanted to do and decided to "get healthy". Started walking in December (got a pedometer for Christmas) hit 10k steps six weeks later and looked for a walking/running app to track my walks and discovered MFP in the suggested fitness apps.

Calories & What I Eat: I don't really care what I eat (carbs, processed stuff - none of it is "off the table"). I do try to keep it somewhat healthy (seeing as my goal is "get healthy") but I do eat ice cream just about every night. The last few weeks have been atypical in that I've only been eating 1200-1500 calories. I honestly have not been that hungry (I think it was a mental thing as I approached the big milestone? I hope that's all it is.) and didn't feel like I should eat just to eat. I need to improve my relationship with food and that seems like a quick way to make it worse. Throughout most of the year, I was probably averaging 1500-1800 calories when I was logging and probably 1800-2200 when I wasn't logging and just trying to maintain.

Exercise: I started out by walking. I was super out of shape and anemic to boot (makes you get tired and out of breath quickly). For the first couple of weeks, I was happy to manage walking around the block. Then I walked a short multi-use trail adjacent to my place (so handy!) - out and back was 3 miles. I started walking in January. In March I was in good enough shape (mentally & stamina-wise) to do fitness DVDs/wii fitness games. I would walk or do fitness dvd/game (usually biggest loser wii) every day. Some days I would do both. I got a bug to do a half-marathon and that led me to the elliptical because I was still 220 lbs and it was low impact on my knees. I was very worried about my left knee (it was sore after some long walks). By the fall I felt confident enough (stamina wise & weight wise) to try pavement running. My knee buckled. After a rest to let it recover, I continued with the elliptical (which I really do like). I do it nearly every day for 30-45 minutes at a pretty intense level. Next step is to start strength training with some emphasis on strengthening my leg muscles to help my knee out. I have not given up on the half-marathon. I'm thinking about one in November. Fingers crossed.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    All that...AND a fabulous new haircut. Congratulations.
  • XAVTAY2
    Options
    Congratulations and you look FABO! Great work
  • HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I wish every person who is in the position you were in could see this post. It IS possible, it just takes a LOT of hard work, determination, and dedication to yourself. You are truly an inspiration. I love your spirit! Congratulations, and i look forward to seeing those final 'after' shots. :drinker:
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats great !!!!!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    That is amazing! Well done, you are an inspiration xxxxxxxx
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great work!!!
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    Fabulous Job! Keep it up!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Very Awesome. What an inspiration!!
  • uwharriegold
    Options
    You are an inspiration to us all! I believe you will reach your goal of 135!
  • randyholder
    Options
    Allow me tip my hat to you in respect for what you have done. You fought through the worst of it and you look fantastic today. I bet when you go to the closet and check out the clothes you can now wear you are so proud of your accomplishment. Congratulations and you look like a winner now. I look forward to the day when I can say the same. I have managed with MFP to lose 21 pounds on my way to a 70 lb loss.
  • rickylynne
    rickylynne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Amazing.

I'm glad to hear the numbers slowed for you actually. That's where I am now after initial success, and it's helpful to hear how you handled it. I hope I can follow your footsteps. AH. MAZE. ING.
  • joycecain
    Options
    I think that it is wondeerful that you have lost all that weight. Keep up the great work. Joyce
  • DoctorKatey
    Options
    Incredible job - you are an inspiration!!!
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love reading success stories. Great job, you deserve it!
  • macaya5
    Options
    Wonderful! Congratulations!

I'm on the same path--your story is very inspirational. Logging calories is downright addictive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!