My body can't tolerate bad food anymore! How about you?

Options

Replies

• CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.....Even when I make better choices while eating out, the salt is too much sometimes. Stuff that used to taste good doesn't anymore and makes me sick.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post this very same thing! My husband and I got take out Indian food for Valentine's Day. I had some of the leftovers for lunch and I felt really gross as soon as I finished it. It didn't leave me feeling satisfied, so I went and grabbed some other junk. I felt even more gross after that, so now I'm having an apple.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Actually, since not having touched McD's in about 3 years, whenever I wander past, I think, "What an odd smell!" Before, I am sure it made me want to have something.

I have pretty much always felt that way abotu McD's and BK.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty healthy most of the time. Last night I pigged out on 4 See's candies and got physically ill! Should of just had 1 lol
  • rich66
    rich66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience just yesterday. I cheated for lunch and had a fish sandwich on a multi-grain bun. It sounded fairly healthy, but all night I had heartburn, couldn't sleep and just felt miserable. No more of that for me!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i get all bloated and tired now when i eat the wrong things. It goes to show how much all the preservatives affect your body.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I used to have really bad eating habits, including take away at least 3 nights a week. Well I've been eating so well for about a month and a half now, including a cheat meal about once a week. These cheat meals haven't been particularly bad until last night... We ordered pizza and I quite happily ate it, followed by ice cream. Boy does my body hate me for it! I've been up all night with a gurgling sstomache and it's purely the noise keeping me awake lol. I had more immediate effects too if you catch my drift. I find this interesting because although I consumed a lot of calories, I didn't eat until I was completely stuffed and feeling so full and sick I couldn't move. Despite the bad effects, it makes me happy Coz I feel it means my body is taking on positive changes from my new lifestyle!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I know that feeling! I too notice a difference when I eat badly now. My stomach doesn't appreciate bad food. I'm affected, negatively, when I use my body as a dumping ground for "not foods". Recently I've been cleaning my diet up to reap the full benefits (noticeable muscle tone) from eating more "clean". I'm not perfect, but I've certainly seen a difference since taking out the real processed stuff I *thought* was healthy at the time.
  • htzen
    htzen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been eating really healthy for about a month now (down 13 lbs!) and on Wednesday night I went to NY Fries at the mall with my bf and we split a Poutine.... about an hr after eating it I could start to feel the effects.... I had to leave work early on Thursday, called in sick today, because I have never been so sick or weak. I am losing so much fluid and can't keep anything down. My boyfriend is fine which leads me to believe it was not food poisoning but because of my good eating habits lately, the greasy food must have thrown my body right off. I am definitely paying for it now!! And I have learnt my lesson - I will never treat myself with greasy food again!~!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean. Back in the day when I didn't care about what I ate, at all, I used to eat a lot of pasta with bechamel sauce that my mom made. But since I've been on a health kick for 7 months now (and will hopefully continue throughout my life :smile: ), the other night when I had dinner at a friend's house, she made chicken with bechamel and almost immediatly I started getting SUPER gassy and couldn't wait to get to my toilet back home. haha
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Donuts are pre workout foods....bacon cheeseburgers are post workout necessities!!
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    the other day I had a sweet tooth that just wouldn't go away so I grabbed one of my mom's little debbie valentine's cupcake and it was so gross. All I could taste was grease. It was like taking a spoonful of crisco and eating it. Won't go there again.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    What a sad thread full of orthorexia.

One can't live without fat, carbs or sodium.
    While it is possible to consume too much these are essential nutrients.

If it is rotten, it's bad.

But carry on, whatever mental game one needs to reach your goals on your "journey"....
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

But carry on, whatever mental game one needs to reach your goals on your "journey"....

:drinker:
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options

1) If its such a sad thread, you don't have to read it. Look at the subject and move on.
    2) While you are right we can't live without fat, carbs or sodium (which no one has indicated that they can!) I am pretty sure I can live my whole life never having McDonalds again if I so wish (which is more towards what the topic was aiming at)
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Okay, but pizza isn't bad food!

You're joking right? This wasn't home made pizza!

What makes it so bad then?

Many people find foods that are high in fat/low in fiber to be hard to digest. Melted cheese can also be hard on digestive systems, esp for those with IBS.
    I haven't eaten much for refined carbs/sugars in quite some time. I was very high in sugar tuesday (made an ice cream/crispy square birthday cake with home made marshmellow fluff.... a lot of testing was required) and yestdarday (said birthday). I had a massive headache both nights (although.. more so on tuesday when I ate straight marshmellow fluff fudge... deadly amount of sugar).
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

1) If its such a sad thread, you don't have to read it. Look at the subject and move on.
    2) While you are right we can't live without fat, carbs or sodium (which no one has indicated that they can!) I am pretty sure I can live my whole life never having McDonalds again if I so wish (which is more towards what the topic was aiming at)

Thanks for the advice, are you part of the thread police?
    If you don't want McD, that's fine but, in moderation, as part of a highly varied diet, it isn't particularly "bad food". The focus on bad is nutritionally poor information.

There are quite a few posts in this thread dissing fat, carbs and sodium and you post title uses that simple idea of bad food vs good food ---> Orthorexia, look it up.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Do I feel better when I eat healthier foods? Sure- but I think part of that is psychological.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I only had a problem with over-oily food once, long pre mfp, when my parents-in-law took us out for greasy Japanese food after greasy Japanese food, day after day (croquets, tempura etc) and I eventually had to say no. Actually, the same thing happened on holiday in Somerset once, when we could only find junk food, and my dh was suffering too, but it takes days of it to really get to me. Once in a while is fine.

One effect of tracking for me was that eating more than 1000kcal in one sitting would make me hot flush. It was like my body was determined to burn off any excess. After eating a piece of cake when I was already full my temperature stayed uncomfortably high for about 3 hours! So, rather than accept this, and give up cake, I saw a Dr. The blood tests showed I was anaemic. Now that's under control I can pig out if I wish.

For a few weeks even a little alcohol made me sick (triggered, perhaps, by some food poisoning from, of all things, a salad :laugh:) so I was careful for a while, then my body went back to normal.

Personally, I want to be able to eat a range of foods and would not celebrate a narrowing of my pleasures.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Do I feel better when I eat healthier foods? Sure- but I think part of that is psychological.

Totally agree!
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have really bad IBS and I get more stomach pain from "healthy" food than I do from "bad" food...