C25K buddies wanted!

Options

Replies

• dingle2k3
    dingle2k3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Finished C25K last week and can honestly say its the best decision i ever made to start it, cant recommend it enough!

Feel free to add me anyone who needs support.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, is there a simple way to log c25k on the exercise section on MFP? I typed in c25k but nothing came up :(
    I log my running with Endomondo, and when I finish a work out, Endomondo automaticly sends it to MFP.

Week 4, lesson 2 yet! Tonight part 3 of this week :D.
  • redmolly1979
    Options
    Hello all, I am on Week 2, first run done this morning. I am really enjoying it! Using Sports Tracker on my phone (similar to Endomondo) and every time I run my speed has improved. That's a great motivator.:happy:
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, is there a simple way to log c25k on the exercise section on MFP? I typed in c25k but nothing came up :(
    I log my running with Endomondo, and when I finish a work out, Endomondo automaticly sends it to MFP.

Ooo thank you I might have a nose for that now :) can I run this along side the c25k app though? or will that track what I need? Sorry for all the questions
    (edited to add questions)
  • brookrd1
    brookrd1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    iam on week 3 day 2. I did this last year but had to stop becuase of a heart issue. Now that is fixed and her we go!!! I feels wonderful to run across that finish line. You've got this WOOHOO :flowerforyou:
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Ooo thank you I might have a nose for that now :) can I run this along side the c25k app though? or will that track what I need? Sorry for all the questions
    (edited to add questions)

Oh, you can perfectly run those two together! But charge your battery on forehand, cause you need quite a lot :).
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 done whoot!!
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the C210K. I'm in week 4 but taking a break because I'm sick :( I can't wait to run again!

I just wanted to put this out there- there is a C25K group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 done whoot!!

Me too! Yay for us. :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 3 and alternate with 30DS. Feel free to add me. I am a complete non-runner so this will be an interesting journey.:laugh:

I'm doing the same thing acutally lol. Some days I do both. I'm a runner (never thought I'd say that,).. I was training for my first full marathon last year and came down with IT Band Syndrome. After 2 months of no running, I've been using C25K as my come-back strategy. Just completed Week 2, pain free! Can't wait to get those full miles back!

Feel free to add me as well!
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Only started last week...today I will do week 1 day 3 and loving it so far. Feel free to add me:)
  • LaurenNEW1015
    Options
    Just ran for the first time in 2 months will my friend wh ois on week 2. I think I will be trying this app when the weather is warmer. Please add me too
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am 35 and a mom of 2. I would like to get in shape, and lose another 15 pounds. Was at 153.6 but crept up to 156 over the weekend. I go through spurts of motivation, and have started the program many times but never finished. I downloaded an app on my ipod touch and decided I was going to get at it today. So with you help and motivation I hope to stay motivated and complete the program. I think the furthest I have made was week 5. I have run 5km a few times but has been quite a few months. I would love to run a 10km in June, so thought this was a good place to start.
  • renaegry
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 3 and alternate with 30DS. Feel free to add me. I am a complete non-runner so this will be an interesting journey.:laugh:

Love that idea of alternating between the 2. I love 30DS, but can't stand doing the same thing everyday.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Got sick last week so I'll be restarting week 3 this week! I do C25k and alternate it with elliptical the other days. Love it!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Completed W1D1 today burning 203 cals. Distance was 2.01 miles
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thankfully completed week 6 this morning with a full 25 minute run!!! Week 5-6 are the toughest (in my opinion) as they have the biggest jumps in the run portion. All of week #7 is the same - 25 minute runs with walking only for warm up and cool down. Week #8 is just adding 3 minutes to the run and week 9 adds another 2 minutes - seems easy after week 5 and 6!!!! Then you are ready for a 5k!!!

My 5K is March 16 and I believe (finally) that I will be ready. My challenge is the weather has been so cold and snowy that all my real running has been on a .10 of a mile track (all turns and no hills). Planning on some tread hills on my off days, (I run every other day as I am too old and too heavy to wreck my knees/hips trying to run every day) and hoping that I can actually get outside at least a little prior to March 16!!!

Good luck to all C25K runners, you can do it!!!!!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Completed W1D2. Distance was 2.1 miles, burning 202 cals.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Got sick over the past few days so I wasn't able to complete W1D2 or 3 lol so I'm just going to start over now. I really want to do this this time.
  • lilttlered
    lilttlered Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI!! I just started mine on Monday...so far so good... My friends and I are doing a 5K color run in August so add me if you like :)