If you could move to another country where would you go?

Options

Replies

• cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    USA.
    Palmerton PA.
    Because it got to 1958 and said, this is good, we'll stay here.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    California might as well be it's own country! and yes, we are in our own world!!! :laugh: I think if I had to chose it would be the UK. I have friends there and my company is based there so I could work. and if I didn't have to work.......British Columbia.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    New Zealand
  • juicybravo
    juicybravo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    France!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    I did move.

I'm from England but have lived in Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Beijing and I'm currently living in Taiwan....back to the UK soon though boooooo :(

Just so you know - its raining. :bigsmile:

its England, its always raining. its like the Pacific Northwest in USA. allllllways Gray....
    hello now from Phoenix AZ
  • kendunn579
    kendunn579 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bulgaria... strangely
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Italy. Or maybe Lithuania for the beer :laugh:
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Spain
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Italy, im a history geek and want to see so much and i love the culture there.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Wales
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    "Here is London, giddy London, is it home of the free or what~?"

Can you squeeze me
    into an empty page of your diary
    and psychologically save me?
    I've got faith in you.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The UK...either London or Edinburgh.
  • South Korea
    Japan
    Canada
    France
    UK
    LOL anywhere but here :tongue:
  • dloyst20
    Options
    I would backpack around europe and asia and live in as many places as possible!!! I live in Canada and have seen a lot of it..but never been out of canada..not even to the US! I am dying to see a palm tree grow in it's native soil and see a different kind of sunset on a different kind of shore!!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love Canada! I'd strongly consider it if it wasn't for the weather, which is even worse than it is in New England (which is my home and probably always will be). My mother was Canadian and both of my daughters are dual citizens as their father was also Canadian.

Other than that, anywhere in the UK, but most likely Scotland or England.
  • pattydi
    pattydi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It would be Italy for me! I'm half Italian and have family there... Plus I'm an art GEEK and have always wanted to paint in Italy!
  • lotusspark
    Options
    NewZealand or Australia unless there's another paradise w/good fruits and nuts I'm missing. =)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'd move back to Kenya and spend all day watching elephants, rhinos,giraffes,Cheetahs,lions and leopards. I'd quiet happily do that every single day for the rest of my life.

Wow sound amazing! Would so love to experience that
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I see all these other posts from people that have lived in all these other countries and I just have to wonder how do you afford it? What do you do for income?

I worked in various countries over the last 10 years, and now I study. It was fairly easy to find work before 2008, and then I moved to Norway, which hasn't really been hit by economic problems. As for studying, I have dual-citizenship with an EU country, and have lived in the country I'm in long enough to qualify for student aid (plus it helps that there's no tuition cost).

It's a lot more difficult to move now (to Europe anyway), unless you're highly-skilled and work in a field lacking people. EU rules have become very strict about hiring outside the EEA. It's possible to get a student visa, but it doesn't give you the right to stay permanently after studies are finished.

The only problem is with moving these days is a lot of people need to show what level of English they have (including native speakers) and it can work out quite costly. I run IELTS test which is a worldwide test recognised by health authorities, universities and immigration departments and the amount of people coming through our doors is unreal!
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Canada!