Anyone have a date they want to lose weight by?

Options

Replies

• HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would like to try and lose 13 lbs by June 22nd. That is my wedding date, and we're heading down to Florida for 2 weeks right after!! Bikini-bound, baby!! :)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My 40th which was December gone, lol!! Not there but I'm not stressing about it as I've lost a lot of inches due to regular exercise and my mindset and attitude towards food have changed which I think is healthier!
  • QuietRain
    Options
    I'd like to drop another 3O before the end of May. It would be great to celebrate my birthday along with my first 5O lost.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear...so time sensitive goals can be very frustrating. My time sensitive weight loss goals are very generic...too many variables....plateaus...etc. My time goals are basically, by such and such a date I want to be more awesome than I am today.

This exactly. Every single time I set a weight goal by time in the past, I failed because I thought that I was doing something wrong when I would gain or plateau and then give up. I know that a major part of my success this time was NOT setting a time goal. I accepted the plateaus and gains as part of the process, and the monthly trend was still downward. It took me a long time to lose the weight (about 9 months to lose 27 lbs) but it was well worth the wait!
  • Scoobytooby
    Scoobytooby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, 26lbs by 11th May(!)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I used to and would get really annoyed at myself if I didn't make it in time. So this year I am taking it at 1 lbs a week rather than some crazy number so I suppose I should be at goal around 24 weeks. I don't know why but I don't feel as pressured this way. The mind is a funny thing :laugh:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    10 lbs. down ( < 225 lbs. ) by my 10K run (Christie Clinic) on April 27th.
  • childsey100
    childsey100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to be BMI 25kg/m2 by november 2014. So that means 83 lbs to come off. Have fitbit and am motivated.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'd like another 5lbs if fat off by 23 March with hopefully a little muscle gain. I'm going to a fetish club for the first time in about...oooh...8 years. If I'm getting my clothes off in front of strangers I'd better be a whole lot tighter.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Officially, my wedding next March, but I'd like to be there 6 months before, because that's when I'll be dress shopping!
    Other than that, I have mini goals, at the moment I want to get to 199lb before the end of next month, got 11lb to go so it's doable if I work my butt off!
  • kg4ulu
    kg4ulu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My niece's wedding at the end of March. Most of my family hasn't seen me in around 2 years. I'm already 40 lbs down from then and just want to be in the 130's. I'm at 140.6 so anything past 139 will be a great bonus!
  • wolverine1021
    Options
    30-35lbs by fist day of fishing April 13th
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be at my target weight for the end of June so I can look better in a bikini when I go on holiday!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    30 pounds by Sept 14th, my son's wedding.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    i would say aug 1st (my bday) but i better say Dec 1st as the last 30 will prob be stubborn.......but when it happens it happens
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My youngest's birthday is exactly 14 weeks from today so I want a stone off by then and then my birthday is 15 weeks after that so I want another stone by then and that will put me around 5lb off my goal weight.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I admire everyone's targeted dates. For me, though, there is no "end date" in mind. I'd like to be all over toned and bikini ready by end of April when I go to Florida, but if that doesn't happen, it's no big deal.

I'm seeing some big results and changes for the first time in a long time, and that's the motivation I need to keep going.

My husband had set a goal to drop some pounds in a month for his big ski trip at the end of January. He lost 8 lbs, which was good. Well, the trip is over, he no longer cares about his weight, and he's put some weight back on.

So, I have a slight problem with an "end date", because once that date passes, will the motivation remain?? For some, it doesn't. For others, yes.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    June 10th. Work trip to Kansas, get to see all of the long distance co-workers and vendors.

The first year I was disgusted with myself, second, I had lost about 20 lbs, last year I had lost about 35-40 lbs and I have gained some back. Wanna look my best this year as we are part of a historic project in our industry, and I will have much more exposure!
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would like to weigh 140 by May 31st..
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My man comes home from the middle east in April. I'd like to loose another 10-15 pounds before he gets home:wink: