Whats up with the "I quit" threads lately?

Options
1235»

Replies

• crazy4fids
    Options
    Let them quit! I'm sick of them

Maybe they are reaching out for help and encouragement. It isn't always easy to ASK for help. Sometimes it's all you can do to complain.

Having said that, aren't we all here to support each other?
    Yes, there are times when I feel like quitting, it is much easier to kick back on the couch and watch TV and eat cheetos, but it's no way to live your life! I have only been doing this since Nov 2012 and it is HARD and requires discipline. Especially if you were one of those tall, skinny peeps that could eat anything and everything and never gain a pound back when you were twenty something (yes, I am talking about myself).

I will agree with the new years res. peeps that are finding it harder than they thought it would be to loose those 20 pounds.
    To them I say "DON'T QUIT! KEEP AT IT AND NEVER GIVE UP!"

I was there a few weeks ago. Now I can't wait to hit the gym. I started tracking more than my weight. Now I am tracking BMR, BMI, % body fat, body measurements, how long I can sustain on the treadmill, how much weight I am lifting and HOW MUCH BETTER I FEEL! I can't believe how much more energy I have, and at the same time I am overwhelmed at all the stuff I need to do with the extra energy....lol!

When I was down, I found it helpful to read the forums...I still do, every evening. That is how I found the C25K phone application. I just love it! It gave my treadmill time structure and now I have confidence that I will be able to run that 5k I signed up for.

Anyway...I'll get off my soap box now....sorry.
  • crazy4fids
    Options
    Some people just like cheeseburgers too much.:smile:
    I like cheeseburgers....BK ones to be exact...I'd like two please.:bigsmile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Probably been said but it's the january resolutions feeling discouraged because this doesnt happen overnight. Takes years of hard work.
  • crazy4fids
    Options
    I wanted to quit and people yelled at me...WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO MEAN....I mean I hit a plateau from going into starvation mode because I was not eating back my excercise calories and was in a deficit after my cleansing.

For the record I can not rate the person above me and my pic is my wood so I can be reated since I cannot handle it. Yes, I would date the person above the person above me and would one night stand the 2 women above Mfern..

How YOU doin...(I wish I knew how to post a pic)

ROFL!!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Probably the New Year's appeal dying off.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Someone once said somthing like: 'if you fall of the wagon, run after it and if you cant get back on wait for the next one'
    I think it means if you go major off track try to exercise or what ever to compensate or if not start again.
    Make sense?

LOVE your quote! :)

I've been noticing all the "I quit" type of posts. My only guess was that the New Year resolutions were wearing thin. For those who've been around awhile, I'm not sure. I read one today that had lost over 100 lbs and was struggling. I think it comes to a point where that is all of us. Then we see who will decide to push through the weakness or give up.
  • MrsC160
    MrsC160 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Probably the New Year's appeal dying off.

I figured it out! It's the girl scouts fault!!!!

Those damn cookies being delivered just around the time new resolutions are getting hard to keep.....
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    apparently, this is the time of the year when the New Year's Resolutioners become disenchanted because they haven't been able to lose 35lbs in 6 weeks, so they start quitting.

I was just about to write the same thing! You saved me the trouble!

Roll call! The main thing is, who are the stayers? You and me!

The thing I find hard is when people post asking other people to "give them motivation". This is impossible. If people do not have motivation they cannot "receive" it from others! If people are not motivated they will NEVER succeed at this because unless your "motivator" is with you 24/7 you can't make them responsible for your dieting!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've quit before...and come back, but didn't make an announcement but everyone is different. One of my favorite sayings "If you hate starting over then stop quitting".
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like the king Richard and the spider story, try try and try again and eventually we will succeed x
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    apparently, this is the time of the year when the New Year's Resolutioners become disenchanted because they haven't been able to lose 35lbs in 6 weeks, so they start quitting.
    Agreed
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    new years resolutionists that aren't seeing immediate results
  • mbar10025
    Options
    yeah i feel ya, i'm trying really hard not to be a quitter! i did fall off the wagon for my birthday/valentines weeks but i am trying really hard to catch back up....
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's February, when all the New Year's resolutionists realize this isn't easy. Or they aren't losing 10 pounds a week, like people on the Biggest Loser. So they quit, or whine about quitting.

People need to realize that this process is slow and hard and you need mental toughness and will power to get through every day. Some people just don't have it.

^^^^ This^^^^

This is the time of year our gym starts freeing up again, and the zumba classes aren't so packed. The NY resolutioners are about done now :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Remember the girl who quit? No one else does either.....................
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I think it's a cry out for attention as well. In addition to the realization that this isn't easy, they simply don't have the support they need or want to keep pushing. But the trick is, I think you have to give a lot of support in order to get a lot back. And some people just don't.

No amount of support will MAKE you do it though. You have to just DO IT.