AM I CRAZY?!? Starting "Total Cleanse" Today! (CDN)

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    1.Talk to your doc im not scientist

2.to the supposedly doc: that like the Vet world, you cant be all in favor of something

:huh:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The human body is self cleansing. From your liver to your kidneys to your digestive system to your vagina...fuel it properly and it will cleanse itself.

lol, translation: stop the douches.
    I am trying, I swear.
    :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do believe you are.

Not that I expect you'll listen to the advice given here, so add me to the chorus of...

...best of luck.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    1.Talk to your doc im not scientist

2.to the supposedly doc: that like the Vet world, you cant be all in favor of something

I see.*

*not really
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Anyone else doing this Program right now? I am going to need some support....

Okay - I am starting the Total Cleanse today... For those of you who do not live in South Western Ontario this is a Cleanse that delivers to your door 6 bottles of 500ml fresh pressed juice and this is ALL YOU CONSUME ALL DAY. I just had my first juice - Green Energy - and I am already feeling faint. Lol. I do not think I am actually "hungry", I just think that in my food Obsessed mind I am not "eating" unless I am "eating" solid food......

I've been cleansing for like 8 months now. The program is pure genius. I eat whole foods processed as little as possible in slight caloric deficit while trying to hit certain macro nutrient targets. I also go to the bathroom regularly. The results are amazing. I've lost 47 lbs, zero lean body mass, and feel amazing.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in the topic at hand, so I'm bumping so I can check it out later.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    LOL funny... some thinks they are doctors here... LOL

I actually AM a doctor and these "cleanses" are rubbish.

/thread
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Okay - I am starting the Total Cleanse today... For those of you who do not live in South Western Ontario this is a Cleanse that delivers to your door 6 bottles of 500ml fresh pressed juice and this is ALL YOU CONSUME ALL DAY. I just had my first juice - Green Energy - and I am already feeling faint. Lol. I do not think I am actually "hungry", I just think that in my food Obsessed mind I am not "eating" unless I am "eating" solid food......

I've been cleansing for like 8 months now. The program is pure genius. I eat whole foods processed as little as possible in slight caloric deficit while trying to hit certain macro nutrient targets. I also go to the bathroom regularly. The results are amazing. I've lost 47 lbs, zero lean body mass, and feel amazing.

*like*
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Yea, you can believe this guy. He's got some shakeology to sell you, so he must be right.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    The only thing you'll be "cleansed" of is your hard earned money. Listen to the people in this thread. Look at their profiles. They are the LONG TERM succesful people around here. Ask yourself if you want to take advice (which you asked for) from people with proven results or from speculators. Then answer your own question.
  • griz3232
    Options
    Go to the health food store or supplement store and ask them about vitmanis or supplements that help people starting their diet. I am assuming you are wanting to kick start your metabolism and rid your body of all the bad toxins you have been putting in it.

The supplements will help kick start your metaolism and stop putting bad things in your body and over time they will leave your body.

A good way to tell is when you don't get stomach grumbles any more and your start feeling hunger in your throat and jaw area. The grumbles is your body withdrawing from all the junk you put in it. It is ind of like a drug addict going through with draws. While you are in it, it feels like the world is ending and once you are done your body feels like new.

Good Luck
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

you''d get the same results by eating whole foods processed as little as possible in slight caloric deficit while trying to hit certain macro nutrient targets, but without the cleanses.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    The human body is self cleansing. From your liver to your kidneys to your digestive system to your vagina...fuel it properly and it will cleanse itself.

Yes.. Fuel your vagina properly. Wait... What was the topic? :-)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Go to the health food store or supplement store and ask them about vitmanis or supplements that help people starting their diet. I am assuming you are wanting to kick start your metabolism and rid your body of all the bad toxins you have been putting in it.

The supplements will help kick start your metaolism and stop putting bad things in your body and over time they will leave your body.

A good way to tell is when you don't get stomach grumbles any more and your start feeling hunger in your throat and jaw area. The grumbles is your body withdrawing from all the junk you put in it. It is ind of like a drug addict going through with draws. While you are in it, it feels like the world is ending and once you are done your body feels like new.

Good Luck

WUT?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Good Luck

:huh:

OP see if you can cancel. Then read this:

http://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Yes.. Fuel your vagina properly. Wait... What was the topic? :-)

by "it" I meant body...Fuel the body correctly and the body will cleanse itself...sorry
  • brittanyburkhart
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! I understand how you feel! i tried shake diets and what not, and i think i drove myself insane. Rather then focusing on losing weight, all i could think about was food, and how i felt like i was starving. It consumed my whole brain it seemed and felt like it set me back rather than helped me out! It would be wonderful it you have success with it! I wish you better luck then i could achieve on liquid dieting. I just dont have the self control!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

The supplements will help kick start your metabolism and stop putting bad things in your body and over time they will leave your body.

A good way to tell is when you don't get stomach grumbles any more and your start feeling hunger in your throat and jaw area. The grumbles is your body withdrawing from all the junk you put in it. It is ind of like a drug addict going through with draws.
    af795i.jpg
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

you''d get the same results by eating whole foods processed as little as possible in slight caloric deficit while trying to hit certain macro nutrient targets, but without the cleanses.

My post was intended to be sarcastic, a couple of people here didn't pick up on that. I'm not trying to sell anything. For the record...I believe cleanses are a total scam and have posted so on my blog. I was trying to point out to the OP that successful weight loss is about eating is slight caloric deficit with whole foods while hitting your macro targets.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! I understand how you feel! i tried shake diets and what not, and i think i drove myself insane. Rather then focusing on losing weight, all i could think about was food, and how i felt like i was starving. It consumed my whole brain it seemed and felt like it set me back rather than helped me out! It would be wonderful it you have success with it! I wish you better luck then i could achieve on liquid dieting. I just dont have the self control!

I'd say that it's nothing to do with your self control, and everything to do with the fact that it's really not an effective strategy for long term weight loss, and the weight you lose from it comes from self-starvation, not anything magical in the "cleanse". There are much healthier and easier ways to lose weight, like combining healthy eating, exercise and good portion control. Eat a little less than you burn off for slow and steady fat loss, while eating healthy foods to fuel your body, and doing exercise for good health.

Don't blame yourself for failing at "liquid dieting" - blame liquid dieting.