Dr Oz new diet? Anyone doing it

Options

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Following anything that Oz says these days is like saying licking windows burns 1000 calories per hour
    133195988076620_animate.gif
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    No No I totally saw this and it's totally legit. See what you do is you you take your green coffee beans and raspberry keytones and sprinkle them with Hcg and Hydroxycut sprinkles then add diet tea and eat like a soup 3 times a week. No, No, no other food required for the week, this is it. When hungry in between, drink water. You'll lose wicked amounts of weight in two weeks
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    She will be ok, there are lots of people around still who like Dr oz
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    What's the shelf-life of a "new" Dr. Oz diet? I feel like this can be bumped every week or two for a new set of answers. The man has promoted so many diets/pills/whatever that at some point, he has to hit a saturation point. Like the boy who cried wolf, by the time he actually promotes something that works, no one will be listening. I mean, given the frequency he promotes something, eventually something will work, right? A 1 in a billion chance is still a chance.

But in answer to the OP: no, I am not.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I think everyone scared the op off before she had a chance to tell us the diet. It could have been legit.

Pardon, me Doctor Oz. Aren't you due in surgery?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I just saw this new dr oz diet, to loss belly fat..
    no.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Any doctor that promotes a fad diet just screams legit right?
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't do anything dr. oz says even if people paid me
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz doesn't use any of the products/diets he promotes. That ought to tell you all you need to know.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    One of my friends keeps pushing her Dr OZ bee pollen pills on me. She absolutley will not quit. I have argued with her about my stance on the crap, and him and she just doesn't get it.

ANNOYED!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it but I do watch his show. I do the Maker's diet and limit me to 3 meals and 2 snacks. work out. that is what is helping me more than anything else
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Watch Ellen or Dr. Phil. They do more for people than Dr. Oz.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Lol you people. I still want to know what was on his show. I'm assuming it was yesterday? Maybe I'll see if I can look it up.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    All you guys think you're so much better than Dr. Oz? WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE NOT! He's a doctor, and he has his own TV show. You just post on the internet thinking you know everything. I trust Dr. Oz way more than you muscleheads.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    No No I totally saw this and it's totally legit. See what you do is you you take your green coffee beans and raspberry keytones and sprinkle them with Hcg and Hydroxycut sprinkles then add diet tea and eat like a soup 3 times a week. No, No, no other food required for the week, this is it. When hungry in between, drink water. You'll lose wicked amounts of weight in two weeks
    You left out the part where you exercise with the shakeweight, and wear a belly band to help reduce your tummy size.....and always dry yourself off with a SHAM-WOW after showering... its totally foolproof! :laugh:
  • McGruber03
    Options

hahahahahahaa!!!!!!!! I am going to try it, I think you are on to something here!!!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    All you guys think you're so much better than Dr. Oz? WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE NOT! He's a doctor, and he has his own TV show. You just post on the internet thinking you know everything. I trust Dr. Oz way more than you muscleheads.

You left out one important point, none of us muscleheads are getting paid to promote MFP.
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I guess I "like" Dr Oz but am still smart enough to at least research what he says we should try....you obviously can't try EVERYTHING he he talks about to lose weight....but I have made notes from some of his weightloss shows and then researched....I think the ONLY thing I've actually tried that he suggested was chia seeds and I actually use a chia/flax powder and I really like it....it curbs my appetite and helps digestion....but I wouldn't "buy" into everything that comes out of his mouth...he is still a paid celebrity endorser so matter if he is still a Dr or not.....

But, if someone wants to try a diet he endorses, let them....eventually they will realize it doesn't work and try something else....
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-oz-flat-belly-plan
    1. Shrink Fat Cells
    A recent study found that those who ate three yogurts a day while dieting lost 81% more belly fat than people who didn't eat yogurt. All study participants were directed to eat 500 calories less per day. As part of the Flat Belly Plan, you should eat about 6 ounces of low-fat Greek yogurt before every meal. Why? It's thought that calcium can help stop fat from entering your cells, improve your body’s ability to break down fat and help your body carry out fat through your bowel movements.

2. Shed Excess Pounds With MUFAs
    MUFAs, or monounsaturated fatty acids, are the cornerstone of the Flat Belly Plan. These are plant-based fats, so the easiest way to remember them is to look for healthy fats that aren’t from animal sources, such as avocados, nuts, seeds, oils and olives. A study done through the American Diabetic Association found that a diet rich in MUFAs worked to reduce belly fat.

As part of the Flat Belly Plan, you need to eat three MUFA meals a day.

The foundation of any MUFA meal has:
    3 ounces lean protein
    1 complex carb
    Unlimited vegetables
    1 MUFA
    Each meal should be 350 calories (or fewer)
    Click here to print the MUFA Meals One-Sheet.

3. Reduce Inflammation
    The next part of the plan aims to reduce inflammation. Belly fat has been linked to inflammation and elevated cortisol (the stress hormone). Belly fat is even thought to be "toxic" to your system as it releases chemicals into your body that wreak havoc on your appetite and the way your body metabolizes food. That's why anti-inflammatory foods are thought to be effective in fighting belly fat and breaking the vicious cycle.

As part of the Flat Belly Plan, have an anti-inflammatory snack in the afternoon. Snacks should be rich in flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants that help curb inflammation. They're the natural compounds that give berries and other fruits their vibrant color. Try a sliced yellow bell pepper with hummus or a bowl of mixed berries drizzled with dark chocolate. Click here for more anti-inflammatory food suggestions.

4. Beat Bloat
    Drink ginger iced tea with mint and lemon to reduce bloat! Ginger naturally aids digestion, mint helps to reduce gas, and lemon juice is rich in antioxidants. Follow the recipe below and sip on this Flat Belly Tea all day long:

Ingredients
    3 bags of ginger tea
    1 cup fresh mint, chopped
    Juice of 1 lemon
    2 cups of water
    2 cups of ice

Directions
    In a large pitcher (about 24 ounces), steep the ginger bags and chopped mint for 5-10 minutes. Strain mixture to remove bags and leaves. Add lemon juice. Stir and serve. Store in refrigerator, serve chilled and sip.

For a week's worth of MUFA meals, click to the next page!

It doesn't sound too bad to me. He just does something new everyday so it's easy to write him off as a wackjob.

Link to the study he is referring too.
    http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/30/7/1717.full.pdf

Edit:
    Added a link to the free version of the study.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    No.

jdd_zps2371b8ab.jpg

/thread