Dr Oz new diet? Anyone doing it

Options

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Here's the full free PDF version of the study Dr. Oz is referring too. Just found it.
    http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/30/7/1717.full.pdf
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Considering he has a new diet almost daily...just go with the old tried and true, "Watch what you eat and move more."
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Considering he has a new diet almost daily...just go with the old tried and true, "Watch what you eat and move more."

I don't think he is referring to an actual "diet". He's saying that you should add yogurt to your current weightloss plan if you are trying to lose weight based on this study.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    What diet is it? I'm curious.

You should go ahead and try it. It might work for you. There is no such thing as a diet that fits all. There's only what works for you. Some people can eat 6 times a day. Others do better on intermittent fasting. Then there are those that do low carbs and high protein. What about vegans? What matters most is what works for you.

although there is also abject quackery which doesn't work for anyone

The problem with Dr. Oz is that he does something new every single day so it can be confusing to the viewer but that doesn't mean his advice doesn't work.

even a stopped clock is right twice a day

the man's a quack who promotes whatever snake oil he's paid to promote.

One of my favorite quotes relating to this is: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while...
  • RavenMoon528
    Options
    I have been doing the Green coffee bean diet from him along with the Saffron X and Raspberry Ketones. I have lost 22.5 lbs in 3 mths and am visibly thinner. I have also lost 17.5 inches but i CHANGED MY FOOD DRASTICALLY. Not a Magic Bullet but I Know it works for me along with diet. I have not been able to exercise in this time either. So I am pretty happy with the supplements. And it has a money back that I won't be using! So It Works for Me!
  • RavenMoon528
    Options
    I don't like the look of my Ticker. How do you all get the pretty or unusual ones on your page??? ANYONE???
  • Malaak1477
    Malaak1477 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    He gives pretty good ideas for diet and exercise... what is it? Just curious.. I think lowered Calorie intake and exercise= result.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Green coffee bean diet from him along with the Saffron X and Raspberry Ketones. I have lost 22.5 lbs in 3 mths and am visibly thinner. I have also lost 17.5 inches but i CHANGED MY FOOD DRASTICALLY. Not a Magic Bullet but I Know it works for me along with diet. I have not been able to exercise in this time either. So I am pretty happy with the supplements. And it has a money back that I won't be using! So It Works for Me!

I have highlighted the portion that has actually produced your results...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I have highlighted the portion that has actually produced your results...

dang..beat me to it
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

I don't think he is referring to an actual "diet". He's saying that you should add yogurt to your current weightloss plan if you are trying to lose weight based on this study.

But if you watch his show every day, he ALWAYS has something you need to eat every day. If I ate everything in a day Dr. Oz has claimed that I should, I'd be taking in over 3000 calories a day. And with all his new recommendations that will be coming out in the next couple of months, I'm sure the daily total will be over 4000 a day.

And there was another study published a little while ago that said dairy/calcium DID NOT improve weigt loss, so the jury may still beot on that.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I don't like the look of my Ticker. How do you all get the pretty or unusual ones on your page??? ANYONE???
    Apps>Tickers>Change the style of your ticker>Personalized - then upload whatever photo you want on yours.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Know what pisses me off about Dr. Oz? When I start doing something I read about online and finding that it works for me and it is awesome. Then Dr. Oz features it or talks about it a month later and suddenly....I go to buy whatever I was using/doing and they're all gone because everyone heard about it on Dr. Oz....or the price goes up because the demand has gone up. Or my mom calls me to tell me all about it and how she is trying it and I'm like "Oh....you mean like (ingredient or whatever) that I told you I started using and suggested you try a month and a half ago and you wouldn't, but Dr. Oz says it so NOW you listen?". Grrrr.....
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    He posted a message recently on his page that stated that he has never done any advertisements for diet pills. If he mentions something on his show, people automatically add his picture even though he's never said it works.
  • The_Outlaw_Torn
    The_Outlaw_Torn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering when was the last time he did an actual heart surgery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Probably at the same time Dr. Phil had a Therapy session.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    I'm going to start slapping people who follow any advice from Dr. Oz for my daily workouts.

You're first, OP!!
    WOW now that sounds like lots of fun when can we start that?
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    What diet is it? I'm curious.

You should go ahead and try it. It might work for you. There is no such thing as a diet that fits all. There's only what works for you. Some people can eat 6 times a day. Others do better on intermittent fasting. Then there are those that do low carbs and high protein. What about vegans? What matters most is what works for you.

although there is also abject quackery which doesn't work for anyone

The problem with Dr. Oz is that he does something new every single day so it can be confusing to the viewer but that doesn't mean his advice doesn't work.

True, it does not mean that. The fact that his advice doesn't work is a completely separate issue.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    If the last thing he suggested actually worked, then why would he need to suggest this thing? It's turtles all the way down.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    So your just going to lose belly fat? Spot reduction is totally legit, man. Look at all the people with zero belly fat, but when they lift their arms they still have turkey necks hanging down.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If the last thing he suggested actually worked, then why would he need to suggest this thing? It's turtles all the way down.

tumblr_ltw651AdCL1r4pp8no1_500.gif
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

tumblr_ltw651AdCL1r4pp8no1_500.gif
    LMAO

I died laughing the first time I saw it and I just spit my lunch on my monitor now.