What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Escalators, Clowns, anything really big in the water (whales, boat hulls, etc).

Paralyzing fear.

Spiders and ladders too, but I'm a lot better at dealing with those than I used to be.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It's a very common fear for most and not strange...fear of heights. But I did manage to get pretty nauseous while watching the last Mission Impossible movie where Tom Cruise is on the side of that huge building. I was seriously feeling sick and ready to hurl, not sure whether the IMAX theater was also to blame.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Andy **** and Kathy Griffin, i can never tell them apart, they both freak me out.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxpv1v7bi11r5qrimo1_500.gif
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Clowns...100% clowns! Cannot stand them!!!
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ^ That tarantula and the other spider gifs that are somewhere in this thread just made me wanna jump off a bridge :/ so gross.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    its not a phobia but jesus crankstr...thats creepy

Crankstr, you're so mean to us! *squicky* :sick:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i dont think i have a fear of heights but i have often wondered if i was a superhero and had the ability to fly what if i had a fear of heights?

i used to (and have gotten over it to some extent) far drives. no i dont get car sick, or motion sickness or anything. No. my fear is much deeper than that. in the past i have been scared I would have to drop a deuce and now where to do it.

part of the anxiety was in relation to a job i hated and i would have to drive to pittsburgh and beyond for it. nothing says fear like thinking you have to pull over in the middle of greentree hill and and hang off a guide rail to do it.

i have actually pulled over to the sides of roads and ran about building up adrennalin to convince myself not to.

for the past two years i have switched jobs and it has slowly waned but im scared it will creep its ugly self back if i try to drive to far again.
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Open closet doors at night.

My freakin DH has to work 3hrs ahead of me and every day, EVERY DAY, he opens the closed room doors and all the cabinet doors in the kitchen just to freak me the hell out.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    Pickles... just the thought of them makes my stomach churn :x
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I am TERRIFIED of birds. And bridges ~ particularly the ones over water. I dunno why. I just don't like them.
  • lease1981
    Options
    Spiders but I'm not super scared of them unless they are huge then I will scream like a baby, i'm just convinced they are out to assasinate me! I've been bitten by a brown recluse 2 times! next is def drowning then also i have to have all doors and windows covered in my room before i can go to sleep.... I have too much of a imagination and it freaks me out. annnnd snakes ;/
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Pickles... just the thought of them makes my stomach churn :x
    Me too! Haha I thought I was the only one. That cold, nasty crunch that hurts your teeth. Ewww
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Chiwawa, those little *kitten* are always biting people.
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The jackalope that was on that tv show back in the day. It was supposed to be a funny show, but it still creeps me out just thinking about it.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    lectures from strangers.
  • LuckyMiss3
    Options
    cats and foxes.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    that one day i will do something stupid AND it is caught on camera and ends up in one of the fail videos on youtube that i cant watch enough of
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    snakes, yuk,
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Loose feather. *shivers* If they are connected to a bird, I'm fine.