Replies

• Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    stanley.gif
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This quickly turned into a "I hate Dr Oz" thread which makes me feel bad for the OP who was looking for insight. I found that Dr. Oz uses too many sensational phrases like, "miracle in a bottle" that produce an over-exaggerated idea of what you can expect. This doesn't mean that everything (or even most) of what he says is false.

It is best to investigate on your own - this is what the OP was trying to do by asking for advice on these forums - forums full of people that are trying to lose weight. No one even knew which diet she was referring to and didn't bother to ask till a page later.

Perform research on any supplement, product, or weight loss plan and make your own decision.

The respondents on this thread could have been more helpful.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    dr oz

That part right there = NO
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    If it's by Dr Oz, avoid it like the plague.

The fact is, Dr Oz is all about pushing fads. Fads don't work. What works now is the same stuff that has been working for years. The only people who buy into fads are people who aren't willing to work hard for results and aren't willing to watch what they eat. And frankly, if this describes you, you do not deserve the benefits that come from living the way those of us who have done the work to get there have.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't think Dr. Oz says anything that is demonstrably wrong... but you need to have a good head on your shoulders and do some research and thinking to intelligently incorporate his advice into your plan.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I don't think Dr. Oz says anything that is demonstrably wrong... but you need to have a good head on your shoulders and do some research and thinking to intelligently incorporate his advice into your plan.

If his diet says or implies it will reduce belly fat, that's demonsrably wrong.
  • jonnythan
    Options

If his diet says or implies it will reduce belly fat, that's demonsrably wrong.

How so? If you lose weight, you will probably be losing belly fat. Did he say "it will reduce belly fat without affecting fat anywhere else on your body?"

I'm running a calorie deficit. I'm losing belly fat. I'm also losing leg fat, arm fat, etc.
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This quickly turned into a "I hate Dr Oz" thread which makes me feel bad for the OP who was looking for insight. I found that Dr. Oz uses too many sensational phrases like, "miracle in a bottle" that produce an over-exaggerated idea of what you can expect. This doesn't mean that everything (or even most) of what he says is false.

It is best to investigate on your own - this is what the OP was trying to do by asking for advice on these forums - forums full of people that are trying to lose weight. No one even knew which diet she was referring to and didn't bother to ask till a page later.

Perform research on any supplement, product, or weight loss plan and make your own decision.

I agree!!! Makes me a little scared to ask ANY questions in here...especially if everyone is going to make you feel like an idiot for asking!!!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    All you guys think you're so much better than Dr. Oz? WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE NOT! He's a doctor, and he has his own TV show. You just post on the internet thinking you know everything. I trust Dr. Oz way more than you muscleheads.

Honey Boo Boo and Snooki also have their own TV shows, your point is null and void
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    All you guys think you're so much better than Dr. Oz? WELL GUESS WHAT, YOU'RE NOT! He's a doctor, and he has his own TV show. You just post on the internet thinking you know everything. I trust Dr. Oz way more than you muscleheads.

Honey Boo Boo and Snooki also have their own TV shows, your point is null and void
    I don't know who they are. Are they also doctors? What time are they on?
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

This made me Lol. Best answer ever.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

I don't know who they are. Are they also doctors? What time are they on?

They are all pretty much the same person by mental standards
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Undercover-Bear-Gains-Hitler-Armys-Trust.jpg

Who again TRUSTS Dr. Oz?????
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options

I agree!!! Makes me a little scared to ask ANY questions in here...especially if everyone is going to make you feel like an idiot for asking!!!

Agreed! The OP asked a question and has been barraged with sarcasm, rudeness and ugliness. I hope she isn't new here, or she will assume that everyone on this site is a harsh, judgmental bully. I've been a member a long time and even I have a hard time believing some of the horrid responses. Why not take a minute and find out exactly what the diet is about before condemning her for even asking. And to the one who said she doesn't "deserve" to lose weight because she may not do it your way, you leave me at a loss for words. At least any polite enough to post here.

OP, do your research. Fad diets don't work, but if this is a sensible eating plan that has a structure that helps keep you on track, then go for it. Don't let these self-righteous know-it-all's intimidate you.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

The forums are a fantastic place for good advice.. but if it's a fad/gimmick, just do a search on it first. 99% of the threads on Dr.Oz instantly turn into this for a reason.

he's a schmuck.

Legit questions get legit answers and I have gained a TON of knowledge from the forum members.
  • LethainIowa
    Options
    No. I think Dr. Oz is weird......
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The forums are a fantastic place for good advice.. but if it's a fad/gimmick, just do a search on it first. 99% of the threads on Dr.Oz instantly turn into this for a reason.

he's a schmuck.

Legit questions get legit answers and I have gained a TON of knowledge from the forum members.
    [/quote]

I like this. The "legit questions get legit answers" part... Your good :wink:
    ETA: the top portion was supposed to be quoted, but I messed it up somhow... oh well. See the poster above!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mb4p56YgHZ1rfja63o1_500.gif

Bahahahah lovvvvvvve. :love:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Semantics. Lying is more than making a false statement. Lying also occurs when you know that the listener will believe a falsehood because of the way they will interpret what you told them.

That's why I said I don't think he says anything that's technically wrong and you need to use intelligence, reason, and research to properly understand and incorporate his statements.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    In simpler terms, he's a lying scumbag and a quack.

I think that's unfair.