Stereotypes that DON'T fit you

Options

Replies

• Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    hmmm im a straight guy who loves shopping ! hmmm this is actually true ... i think i may have ****ed that up
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    Just because I'm a horse person, clean a horse barn, ride my horse, dress in jeans, boots, and sometimes a hat, they assume I like country music. bluck!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I like to get dirty

This!! My (ex) husband was always whining around about me not wanting to get my nails done. I finally gave in and did it and the same day worked on my car and destroyed them.
  • CuteWittleWifey
    Options
    I'm 21 with a baby, so I must have gotten pregnant out of wedlock.
    Even with my husband with me, I'm addressed "Miss Cole, not Mrs."

In high school I was OBVIOUSLY a lesbian because I spent three hours each afternoon boxing.
    And then I cut my hair...

When I had long, bleach blonde hair and wore makeup daily I was a stupid bimbo.

I'm female so that automatically makes me crazy...well...okay, this one is true some days.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Got more... I am Indian American who does not eear flip flops or sneakers all the time. I actually have a nice collection of shoes to match my outfits.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl who hates shopping.I hate chick flick movies, love watching hockey. I'm a young female security guard - not an old man. I hate fruity alcoholic drinks and prefer a beer or whiskey.

I think I love you............ :love:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Because I'm in IT, I would love to fix your computer.

LOL IT hate to fix computers mostly they like to gloat over you in a superior dance while you look at the BSOD.

My fiance is Nick Burn's Your Company's Computer guy to a T from Saturday Night Live

My sterotype...fat and have no sex drive
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    Because I'm a feminist I must hate kinky sex and fashion. WRONG!

I'm an atheist and I don't hate religious people. Except when they infringe on my human rights or stand outside of Planned Parenthood harassing women coming to get their yeast infections treated.

Proud Southerner and I'm not illiterate, married to my cousin, don't have a country accent, and I don't like collard greens. AND I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just because I don't have a Facebook account doesn't mean that I'm antisocial and hate people.

And this one is for all the other Biomedical Science majors at my university: Yes, I spend time on my hair and makeup. This does not mean you can assume I'm dumb and will not make it into vet school.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm from Georgia and I hate country music.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options

My sterotype...fat and have no sex drive

Me too. I tell the man that if this is my libido on sleep mode, he's in for it when I lose the weight.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Seeing as I couldn't think of anything for stereotypes that I DO fit into... I thought I'd try the opposite. :huh:

I'm Canadian and I can skate but don't like hockey. I'm gonna get beat like a rented mule for that one.

I'm a guy and I hate beer. Still Canadian and in even more trouble now.

'We' have revoked your right to eat poutine and say 'eh'
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm over 300 lbs, like to watch cartoons, work in IT, play RPGs, and collect Godzilla toys. Obviously I live in my parent's basement - NOT. I'm just a nerd.

If I'm a nerd and weigh that much, I must be out of shape and in need to lose 200 lbs.

Everything else is just breaking the standard overweight/obese stereotypes:

I am not slow.
    I am not inflexible - being able to kick a target 6 feet high is proof enough of that.
    I am able to see my toes standing up - and other parts as well ;)
    I can do a cartwheel, and can get up off the ground from a prone position without needing my hands.
    I am not "soft" in the middle.
    I can sit in an aircraft seat and buckle the belt without need of an extender.
  • LaurenOliver
    Options
    I live in Texas, so.......pretty much all of them. OH, except I do have big hair from time to time. That's just bc it's thick.
  • megd726
    Options
    I'm a girl who would trade high heels for running shoes any day of the week. I don't drink fruity drinks (wine is okay sometimes) and will always choose a single malt scotch, whiskey, or beer instead. I'm a huge baseball fan and will to talk to my brother for hours about anything baseball. And just because I'm 28 and single does not make me a lesbian or a b****.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Women over forty cant lose weight
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a feminist I must hate kinky sex and fashion. WRONG!

I'm an atheist and I don't hate religious people. Except when they infringe on my human rights or stand outside of Planned Parenthood harassing women coming to get their yeast infections treated.

Proud Southerner and I'm not illiterate, married to my cousin, don't have a country accent, and I don't like collard greens. AND I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC.

To me, a feminist is anyone who thinks men and women deserve equal rights. A man can be a feminist. It's not reserved for man hating ball busters, certainly.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a mother, teacher etc I must be easily shocked. They do not know where I have been, what I have done, who I have known (which is probably for the better :laugh:).
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    that I'm flawed as a woman because I don't want to use my uterus for babies :)

I'm not the only one then?!? Amazing, cause to hear my family talk I thought I was.

My family has finally given up now that I'm 34! My S-I-L literally told me I was screwing up my life because we have a uterus for a reason. oy vey... now she's the one with a messed up kid, karma came attacking
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    that because I work out, I must only be attracted to guys who also work out. I'm attracted to personality, not a body.