The Walking Dead~

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think it's crap. It's basically a prime time soap opera. People think ZOMG ITS ABOUT ZOMBIES....bull. It has next to nothing to do with zombies. The zombies are basically extras in that show. Ever episode you might be lucky enough to see a couple, bu the focus is on the social drama.

Well... how exactly do you propose they make zombies full-time characters? I mean... it's not like there could be a plot that centers on the relationships between zombies... not without taking the show in a completely different direction than the comic book, and that would alienate the fans of the comic book.

Oh and... FYI every drama is, in its essence, a soap opera. If you don't like the show, then don't watch.

There is pretty much no zombie killing. I'm not saying make them the main characters, but make it so the audience doesn't forget there's zombies and what not. Like when that chick got knocked...seriously...zombies outside...that last thing I'd be thinking about is getting a piece...js....so unbelievable.

Life goes on. And it seems to me, they kill zombies in every episode. I can't remember a single episode where they didn't. If I were perpetually bombarded by zombies, I suppose I would just give up and die. Plus... you have to remember, at that point, Shane had pretty much shielded her from everything so I really don't think the reality of the situation had set in. But this is season 3, at this point they have been dealing with zombies for about a year. I'm sure some of the chaos has subsided at this point.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I think it's crap. It's basically a prime time soap opera. People think ZOMG ITS ABOUT ZOMBIES....bull. It has next to nothing to do with zombies. The zombies are basically extras in that show. Ever episode you might be lucky enough to see a couple, bu the focus is on the social drama.

Well... how exactly do you propose they make zombies full-time characters? I mean... it's not like there could be a plot that centers on the relationships between zombies... not without taking the show in a completely different direction than the comic book, and that would alienate the fans of the comic book.

Oh and... FYI every drama is, in its essence, a soap opera. If you don't like the show, then don't watch.

There is pretty much no zombie killing. I'm not saying make them the main characters, but make it so the audience doesn't forget there's zombies and what not. Like when that chick got knocked...seriously...zombies outside...that last thing I'd be thinking about is getting a piece...js....so unbelievable.

Life goes on. And it seems to me, they kill zombies in every episode. I can't remember a single episode where they didn't. If I were perpetually bombarded by zombies, I suppose I would just give up and die. Plus... you have to remember, at that point, Shane had pretty much shielded her from everything so I really don't think the reality of the situation had set in. But this is season 3, at this point they have been dealing with zombies for about a year. I'm sure some of the chaos has subsided at this point.

This. And life and death/stressful situations can have funny effect on how we act. People need to find a release, its a pretty basic one. I don't think it is unreasonable that they would hook up in the situation.
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Andrea needs to wake up & kill the governor.... I wanna slap her already!
    I'm so glad Daryl showed his brother whats up! I could not believe he left Rick for his psycho brother.... he's such a creeper !:sick:
    Oh, and Rick needs to quit tripping out.... and he should have let those other people in the prison join them... they need more people STAT!!!

It ended soooo good, can't wait till Sunday !
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I agree with many. The zombie truck driver will be revealed as an important plot twist. And the group that Rick freaked out on probably aren't gone just yet. And going back to season one. The guy and his son that nursed Rick back to health. That is still a loose end. BringIng him back somewhere along the line is in the cards I am guessing. Oh ya, and I couldn't stand Andrea since her I want to die scene in Atlanta. But they are making her stronger so she will be around a while.
  • MelMel7j
    Options
    I'm hooked... I watched about the 5th episode of the third season with Seachicken84 and have watched all since. Last week I watched seasons 1& 2 on Neflix and now I need to see the first 4 of season 3.

I am anxious for what is next... Andrea really needs to go, maggie and glen need to communicate, and rick needs to get it together!

final thought:
    What I don't understand is how the Governor's guys could hit the dead prisoner on the ground a million times, but not one other shot on either side could hit their target????
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think Daryl should be the new leader! YUM!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to put it out there.I don't care who dies as long as it's not Daryl or Glenn.

Everyone else is fair game.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Andrea needs to wake up & kill the governor.... I wanna slap her already!
    I'm so glad Daryl showed his brother whats up! I could not believe he left Rick for his psycho brother.... he's such a creeper !:sick:
    Oh, and Rick needs to quit tripping out.... and he should have let those other people in the prison join them... they need more people STAT!!!

It ended soooo good, can't wait till Sunday !

And she lost her chance last week! Ugh!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Never miss an episode!

I'm looking forward to the day they finally kill off Andrea....I hate that b***** :grumble:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Maggie was on the couch last night. Does this mean her days are numbered?
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I think Maggie is safe for now. Andrea has got to be the next to go. I'm really getting to the point that I can't stand to see her face. I must admit though, these last two episodes have been really uneventful. So the next one needs to be extra good.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I have a new theory.
    Martinez seems to be an OK guy.
    He had mentioned that his wife and kid were killed by the walkers however, in "Killer within", he mentions that he has a brother that is missing.

In the episode of "Home", both Meryl and Darryl save a hispanic family on the bridge.
    I wonder if a member of that family could be related to Martinez?
  • caramelcorn18
    Options
    Best show out there, along with Supernatural :)
  • EponaBlue
    EponaBlue Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It is definitely going down on the next episode! Andrea has got to go! I hope Michonne is safe.
  • shannonalgren
    Options
    one of my fav shows
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I have a new theory.
    He had mentioned that his wife and kid were killed by the walkers however, in "Killer within", he mentions that he has a brother that is missing.

In the episode of "Home", both Meryl and Darryl save a hispanic family on the bridge.

oooooohh...That would be interesting!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Maggie was on the couch last night. Does this mean her days are numbered?

I hope not! When she and Glenn were getting it on, I was getting nervous for them though. LOL
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Andrea will be the one to kill the governor.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have a new theory.

--that is a good theory.. I can see that happening..
  • bethany1031
    bethany1031 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    good theory about the hispanic family on the bridge! I could see that swaying Martinez to help Rick & the crew.

I really don't want Andrea to kill the govenor, because then I'd have to kind of like her & she'd have a redeeming quality. I'm so sick of her - i keep hoping a walker gets her. I would LOVE to see Glenn step it up & kill the goveneor. But we all know it will be Rick. Who - if he sees one more Ghost Laurie - I'm gonna scream. C'mon man! Get it together!