Stereotypes that DON'T fit you

Options

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly tall for a woman, but I have short legs (in proportion to my torso).

I work with very challenging people & love it!...but outside of my job I have just about zero patience for 95% of the people I encounter.

I'm also Canadian & hate hockey (or @ least the NHL).

I almost always come accross as someone who wouldn't have any edge to them.....but I LOVE punk shows & have way more love for punk/rock metal genres of music than anything else. On the outside I'm pretty generic, but on the inside I'm a punk rock hippie lol
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm underweight and don't restrict (I've been confronted by so many well-meaning people who thought I had an ED)
    I'm in college but don't drink or do drugs
    I'm a senior but I don't slack off.. oh wait...
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I live in Kansas and do not own anything camoflauge. I hate country music. I grew up listening to Tupac, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Snoop Dogg, and then I also listen to alteternative rock.

I did however learn how to drive on a dirt road at the age of 12, have ridden on a tractor, seen cows on a daily basis, jumped in a truck bed full of fresh cut soy beans, bailed hay, and swam in a horse tank as kid naked.

A little give and take. :)
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yes, I went to beauty school. No, it was not because I was dumb in high school.
    This! No, it was not because I had no other options, it is my Passion.

Yes I am a Hairstylist, no I do not have 6 different colors in my hair.

I am shy, not stuck up or a *****.

I am single, there is nothing wrong with me.

I am independent, love sports, can take down a bunch of wings some beers and a garbage basket at a bar, no I'm not a lesbian or trying to be one of the guys.

I do my hair and makeup whenever I go out. I am not high maintenance. I care about my appearance but I can get ready shower, hair makeup and getting dressed in 45 mins flat.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    mary kay lady: that I hound people to buy it. NOT. most of my customers came to me and my repeat customers still do.

SAHM: that I am uneducated or a pushover or have lot's of extra time on my hands. No. No. & No.

los angeleno: that I am shallow and good looking and kind of a douche. okay well some stereotypes are accurate.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That I don't eat and I'm constantly working out because I'm skinny. Truthfully, most of the time I'm sleeping or sitting on my butt in front of the computer. And I eat - especially pasta!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have four kids, I'm over forty and I'm not fat and old-looking. (I constantly hear "You'd never guess that you have four kids--you look so good/slim/young!") I also like playing computer games.

My husband is 6'5", 250 lbs of solid muscle, and he is not a football/basketball player--he's a computer programmer with a Bachelor of Mathematics degree. He's not Asian(he's of Dutch descent, actually) and has a black belt in martial arts. He's extremely fast on his feet despite being enormous. Oh, and he's the runt of the litter--family of four boys and he's "the little one".
  • Helenov
    Options
    I've been overweight since I was an infant, but I was on the school basketball team & school tennis teams, I cycled long distances, competed in show jumping and dressage (horseback riding), can ski, skate, love to canoe and took karate.

Always was active, always was overweight. Life has irony.
  • MichelleZB
    Options
    I'm from Texas and hate chili! Its disgusting! xD Also I listen to country music, own a horse, and ride four-wheelers but I love video games and Legend of Zelda is my life!
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i'm a born and raised california girl but i'm not tan or blonde.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I hate musicals and plays

:laugh: :drinker:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm a Texan and don't care too much for country music. I've also never owned a cowboy hat and I hate sweet tea. I don't dislike Mexican food, per se, but I don't crave it like crack like some people around here. I'm also not a fake blonde with a fake tan, so I stick out a bit in Dallas.

:laugh: you and me both, sister! I'm a brunette, pale-ish, and have curly hair and I DEFINITELY stick out in Dallas!

Power to the pale people! :drinker:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I was single, "there must be something wrong with me that I wasn't married yet (at 37)"... nope, just didn't settle.

Red head - (never heard the steal souls thing until recently - thinking I could have used that a time or 2! :grumble: ) No short temper. Not wild (not anymore... those days are long gone!). Completely sane most days. Can get incredibly tan (with a lot of work), but don't so I can stay young looking.

American - but can't stand hot dogs, soda of any kind or hot chocolate (my own mother accused me of being a communist transplant! :laugh: )

Government worker - but I bust my *kitten* to get work done. Not lazy - at work by 6:30 - 6:45 most mornings.

Married mother - but can curse like a sailor if I don't reign it in!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I listen to Slayer and Rob Zombie. I play Warcraft, D&D, and love the original Final Fantasy. I read and write fantasy novels. I play guitar, but only to metal music.

---Yet nobody believes any of that about me---

I would much rather what The Expendibles and some stupid crap like The Notebook. (Why do people think chicks only love "chick flicks" and nothing else when quite the opposite is true for me?)

The closest to a "soap opera" I get is professional wrestling. Football is the greatest sport ever. I can and will beat you in a road race if you challenge me. I didn't buy my Camaro SS solely for looks, and the engine isn't even stock anymore.

...You would think I was supposed to be born a guy or something. But, then I'd be gay because I'm just not into girls, lol. I simply hate all those girlie stereotypes out there.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    And when I tell people that I work at the police department, why is it that the next question is ALWAYS "Are you a dispatcher?"

I want to arrest the next ignoramus that seriously asks me that...
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I am covered neck to ankle in tattoos, I have stretched ears, facial piercings, and crazy colored hair BUT I have never been arrested, own TWO of my own businesses and I come from a family that is pretty damn successful. I also am the BIGGEST Princess (not a goth chick) on the planet and I am not as tough as I look, meaning I cry when I watch my personal collection of Disney DVD's.

Love this!!! I have quite a few myself, as you can see in my profile. And while I'm not wildly successful, I am an excellent mother. Have only been with one man since I was 20 years old (I'm 27) I feel everything deeply, I can not stand to even watch a movie where someone is being mistreated without it affecting me to my soul. And one of my favorite quotes, the only difference between me and you, is I don't care that you DON'T have tattoos.

Yeah, I can't even watch movies or tv shows were children are hurt. I get super emotional and have to change it or turn it off. That being said, the movie The Mist totally brought my to tears to the point I was hysterical for about 30 minutes because the movie did not end like the book and for some reason the mommy in me could not handle that ending at all.

Never watched it, and sure as heck won't now.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    People that meet me don't expect me to be the huge nerd that I am.
  • cheezebot
    Options
    Just because I'm Asian, people assume I'm really smart then once they get to know me they laugh.
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Seeing as I couldn't think of anything for stereotypes that I DO fit into... I thought I'd try the opposite. :huh:

I'm Canadian and I can skate but don't like hockey. I'm gonna get beat like a rented mule for that one.

I'm a guy and I hate beer. Still Canadian and in even more trouble now.

I was somewhat popular in school but never smoked, no drugs and only "sports" I played was I was on the swim team.
    Damn!
  • mghuddy
    Options
    Good one! My youngest son has never married (he's 40 now) and is nice looking (not just saying that cause l'm his mum!) and has only ever had one long relationship when he was in his late 20's. He gets the "Well he must be gay" thing a lot too!.