(To the ladies) Is it really for us? C'mon man........

Options

Replies

• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It's for me but you could say it's for my man in the sense that when I wear nice clothes, hair, nails & make-up I have more confidence which translates to more sexy times.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I dress up for me, but I do put a lot more effort in what im wearing and makeup and hair when I am going to go out or I am going to see my boyfriend.

Come on...YOU be honest, would you really want your gf or wife wearing jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts all the time?
    If we're out on a date, of course we'd both dress up better. If out and out, I really don't care what she wears. Jeans and t shirts, I'm cool with that since I don't put a lot of stock into clothing. My wife will always look good to me in whatever she wears.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I do it for him, which in essence is doing it for me, because when he notices, I get all warm and fuzzy inside.

^^ This is true. I put far more effort into my appearance when I'm going to be with my husband (even if it's just staying at home) than I do when I'm going to be by myself. I want HIM to think I look good. Couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Anytime someone says "I do it for me" what they're really saying is "I do it for the validation it gets me from other people."
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I dress up for me, but I do put a lot more effort in what im wearing and makeup and hair when I am going to go out or I am going to see my boyfriend.

Come on...YOU be honest, would you really want your gf or wife wearing jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts all the time?

My wife looks great in pajamas. she looks great in sweatshirts. she looks great in tshirts. and she looks great when she dresses up.

it matters not one ounce to me what she is wearing.

except when she's not wearing anything...

awe... that's really sweet!!!
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    I agree, every time my wife gets all dressed up...I'm thinking its for others to acknowledge shes hot...others i.e. other men. It bugs me to a degree but everyone wants to look good and be noticed. Just don't say its for me
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    To a degree it is. I imagine if she didnt maintain a certain appearance and went without makeup and only wore sweats-she'd be frumpy.

If she dolls up, she is high maintenence.

I personally enjoy getting all dressed up. unfortunately i dont really gwt many opportunities to go anywhere that i can dress up.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    While yeah we will say it is for the guy, and we love it when they complement on how awesome we look...ultimately you are correct, it is all for us. It is to show up that other woman you think looks hot.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I do it for me, other women, and men.

And please, be honest. Most men don't want their woman looking sloppy.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I need to look good for work. Looking good makes me feel good....when I feel good, I'm happy and when I'm happy I give him head. So...it is really FOR you? No...does it benefit you? Hell yes. And....I care about my appearance. I want him to like what he sees when he looks at me. I want him to be proud and happy to take me out. Does he hate what I spend and how long it takes? Yes. But he loves taking me out because I put effort into it.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    In defense of the ladies, us guys very often do the same thing.

"Why do you have to work such long hours? Come home and spend some with us."
    "Honey, I'm doing this for you and the kids."

Yeah, like bollocks. We do it for our careers. Especially the salary-men amongst us, it's not like those extra hours are bringing home OT.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I do some of those girly things because it makes me feel good & look good. I don't particularly dress up for other women ever. I don't look crappy going to work though I don't try to impress anyone there. I would definitely put in extra time if I had a significant other who maybe liked something specific in what I wear or my hair a certain way. Otherwise I'm simple.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    I wear sweat pants every chance I get...for myself! My poor fiance probably wishes I dressed up for him ;)

Instead I dress up for work (it's required) and then put PJs on the second I walk in the door.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I do it for me, with my own money.
    I would never spend $150 on a dress though (more like $60 maximum, and that has never even happened) and I don't ever go for mani/pedis because I just taught myself how to do my nails at home like a pro instead.

But yeah, it's typically for ourselves. Telling you "it's for you" is just an excuse to spend your money without sounding too selfish.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    While yeah we will say it is for the guy, and we love it when they complement on how awesome we look...ultimately you are correct, it is all for us. It is to show up that other woman you think looks hot.
    See? We can take honesty.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I don't care if it is for her, it still works for me too.
    Worth it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I do it for me, other women, and men.

And please, be honest. Most men don't want their woman looking sloppy.
    Sloppy no. Decent clothes and hair nicely done with light make up, yes.

IDEA Fitness member
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Of course it's for her, but isn't it nice that she says what she says?

My wife says the same things with a wink. It's adorable and I love it, but I completely get it. Hell, it's fun to hear it even when I know it's not true.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I want to look out together to other people, yes. I do care what people think, hence not leaving the house in pjs and my dad's old sweatshirt. But, as validating as th attention can be, I try not to be hot to other men. I have done that too much in the past and had to make a change
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If it's visible to everyone, it's for me.

If I'm wearing a thong, it's for him.