What was a your wake up call?!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    1. Getting to 250 (How?!?!)
    2. When I complained about ridiculously heavy and long periods, my doctor said it was likely due to my estrogen being out of whack from gaining ~25 pounds over the last 2.5 years. Weight loss would probably make a difference.
  • CVAB
    CVAB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I got my analyzing scale and it said I had 51% body fat.
    I was mortified!
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I could not get out of bed and found out I had two herniated disks. Dr told me I need to lose 30 lbs in order to have a successful surgery. Lost a total of 52lbs and now did.not need surgery as I have strengthen my core (stomach muscles) enough that I do not have any pain.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Having to struggle to put on my seatbelt on the airplane to NY and then not being able to walk around NY comfortably. Threw out my knee the first night.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Going into a diabetic coma...very scary.
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    that truly is awesome! i guess no matter what the numbers say unless you are ready to change it won't happen congrats on your success
  • agapakia
    Options
    My first wake call up was a moment in 2012, April I think almost a year after I quit smoking, when going through some recent photos and realized how bad (and big) I looked on them. Made me thought that this image is just not me. Didn't look good. My second wake up call was a month later, when I had to ask for a larger uniform size from the company I work for, because the one I had was just unbearable anymore.... Bad, bad feeling, believe me. So I told my self that is time to face reality, stop hiding and do something about it... and I did! Lost 35lb since then and keep fighting! Today, I am currently wearing a smaller size than the one originally fitted (this feels good, believe me!).
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Trying on clothes and catching sight of myself in the change room mirror - under fluoro lights, the least flattering sight ever :sad:
    This^^^ and Looking at old teenage pictures of myself.
  • hnbaker10
    Options
    Gaining 105lbs with my second daughter during pregnancy and wanting to get married. I was not going to be overweight in a wedding dress! I did the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge and have had tremendous results!!!!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I had avoided having my picture taken for many years. We had a pictoral directory made for our church, so I felt I had to do a family picture for that. When we got the proofs back, I was horrified!! I looked like Jabba the Hut sitting among my beautiful family. I decided right then that I had to do something to save my health.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Getting winded after walking up one flight of stairs to my office at work.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Chest pains while flying. That was the last straw.
  • laurainparis
    laurainparis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me an outfit and I said "the shirt and jacket fit, but the pants are WAY too big".... Then the pants fit. Then then pants became tight...and that's when I started MFP.
  • Sweet_Innocence2011
    Options
    Stepping on the scale and seeing it say I weigh 179 the heaviest I have ever been. I just about cried when I saw that and decided I need to do something now. That was Jan 1 and I joined Weight Watchers and a few weeks after that I joined on here.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Broken heart