(To the ladies) Is it really for us? C'mon man........

Options

Replies

• katies71123
    Options
    Rarely do I do it (mani's, pedi's, etc) but when I do, it's for me. My hubby could care less if my nails are done so why would I "do it for him"?! And seriously...I would rarely spend $150 on ONE outfit. If you have the money to waste on material things...good for you. I'd rather spend it on my kids, hubby or save it for when I retire! =)
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I don't know what all was included in the $150 work outfit, but have you priced business suits? That's standard, really. I think men appreciate women putting in a little effort ... does a woman who hasn't put any effort into her appearance get your attention first or someone who's put together? We have to dress for work ::shrug:: ... but I'm playing devil's advocate here.

I like to dress mostly for myself. When you FEEL good about yourself and how you look and if your clothes feel good, you exude that in your attitude I think. I also appreciate a great down day too (and husband appreciates Yoga pants - in fact, he's pretty sure yoga pants are a sign that God loves us).

One reason I'm here is because my favorite clothes are NOT feeling good on me right now, which makes me cranky. So, I'm working on that :-)

(Thanks for the great intro, OP - made me smile and laugh) :-)
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I dress for myself. And for my man at times. If I'm wearing a pair of nice jeans that make my butt look good, I know he won't keep his hands off me. Which is something I like. And I wouldn't mind other guys looking at me thinking DAYUM that guy is lucky to have that fine piece of white Chocolate..( lol just kidding) Anyways, it's 50/50. :wink:
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Rarely do I do it (mani's, pedi's, etc) but when I do, it's for me. My hubby could care less if my nails are done so why would I "do it for him"?! And seriously...I would rarely spend $150 on ONE outfit. If you have the money to waste on material things...good for you. I'd rather spend it on my kids, hubby or save it for when I retire! =)

^^This! I am so low maintenance that I may get my hair "done" twice a year LOL. My nails have not seen the inside of a nail salon in about 10 years. I look just fine without all that stuff. And with all the things I do for my husband (cook his food, clean his laundry, take care of his rugrats, and give it to him on the regular) he better not care if my hair, nails, and toes are perfect:)
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This guys opinion of my lady dressing up. It can be a designer dress or a pair of shorts from walmart. If you look good in something you look good. The name tag or the price of it has no outcome on your looks. I love it when a woman is comfortable and relaxed. You don't have to spend a lot of money on clothes to look good and be confident.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I dress up for me. Also I see a lot of ladies here, and ladies I know as friends and at work, usually dress up to go out and wear sweats to stay in. I dress up as much as possible. Even when I spent the last month sitting home with my newborn as soon as I could fit into my nicer clothes the sweats came off. The only time I enjoyed wearing sweats is when I was 7 months pregnant, up until 7 months I still wore cute outfits and had a small enough belly where it was cute. After seven months I finally gave in and pulled out the sweats, though I still wore one pair of jeans on occasion.

I also dress up at home not only for me, but for my man, when he comes home and I am wearing a nice sheak pair of black leggings with a tight sweater dress that's just the right length to be flirty, and black knee high boots the look on his face, priceless? Even better when I saw it the moment I came home and got into my still nicer than sweat clothes. So not only do I enjoy dressing up for me, but I enjoy seeing how he appreciates me for doing it. Though he loved me in sweats, baby belly, and all.

Also as some one already stated, getting dressed and primped for some is a job requirement. I work in nursing so I spend the majority of my week (at least 32 hours) in nurses scrubs with my hair up and minimal make up. I love spending the other half looking nice with styled haired, manicured nails, some eye liner, some cover up, the right lipstick. :)
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    nooooo.... that coach purse i needed was for him.

not. yes, it's for us.
  • veddar79
    veddar79 Posts: 205
    Options
    I do it for the stares. That, and when I do it, the husband keeps me really close and gets all possessive, which I fully admit to liking.

No, I'm not a possession. But it sure is fun to play one on date night.

Same here.
    Crazy females...I've long suspected women try to pull that one.

Oh yeah. There are few things better than the arm-around-the-waist 'this is my toy' stance. :drinker:

Been there done that....but again, females are troublemakers.

Heeeey now, so are guys who post topless photos of themselves... :D
    I just couldn't find a clean shirt...totally innocent!
  • Peridotite
    Options
    I do it for him, which in essence is doing it for me, because when he notices, I get all warm and fuzzy inside.

EXACTLY
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I'm the breadwinner in my partnership, I work as a security guard and have to wear the same uniform everyday. When I dress up pretty it's because I want to feel like a girl again haha.

But yeah I can't bring myself to spend too much money on frivolous stuff so when I do get something you bet I'm going to show it off!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    This guys opinion of my lady dressing up. It can be a designer dress or a pair of shorts from walmart. If you look good in something you look good. The name tag or the price of it has no outcome on your looks. I love it when a woman is comfortable and relaxed. You don't have to spend a lot of money on clothes to look good and be confident.
    THIS.
    My wife hates shopping, so she buys what she likes whether it's expensive or not.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no. Not for you. I dress up for the other ladies (most of the time).

About 90% of the time I try to look great for other women. Not because I want them to be sexually attracted to me (if so, awesome) but we are always in a competition with one another to look the best, achieve the most, and have the best social life.

Complicated and sad. It's true.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Technically, anything I do that makes me feel sexier, more confident is for you...because in the end the better I feel about me the more sex you're gonna get.

But, the expensive lingerie, matching this that and the other thing..no..that is totally for him, and at his request. I'd rather be naked.

and as a side note...I don't give a flying rat's a*** what the next woman/girl thinks about me...maybe I hang around guys too much.
    who knows.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    About 90% of the time I try to look great for other women. Not because I want them to be sexually attracted to me (if so, awesome) but we are always in a competition with one another to look the best, achieve the most, and have the best social life.

Complicated and sad. It's true.

this!

my man would prefer i not buy any clothes. ever.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'd dress the way I like to dress whether he was in the picture or not, but I do buy the occasional outfit because I know he'll love me in it. I also know I love seeing him dressed before work because it makes me proud that he looks professional and earns respect from it; I'm sure he feels the same about me.
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If we did it for men we'd only buy heels and walk around naked.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I must say...I do dress for myself, but mostly for my husband. If I put on something I think I look great it and he says it doesn't....I don't wear it. When we go shopping he does pick out a lot of my clothes that I try on. Seems when I find something, he always finds something that looks better!! AND I'm lucky he LOVES to shop!! I do like to dress up for work though...yea...that's for the other ladies at work!! But I do get more compliments on the outfits my hubby picks out than the ones I do...usually!! We women can be so vain!! LOL
  • biggsexy7
    biggsexy7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If we did it for men we'd only buy heels and walk around naked.

Whats wrong with that? Sounds good to me. It's what most men want if at all possible. If your with a guy who Loves you for you then be proud and confident because he does love you the way you are!!!!!!
  • Latte_Lover
    Latte_Lover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of the replies but when I buy something (shoes, clothes, lingerie, etc), I do it for me. I like the way it looks on me and how it makes me feel. The same for hair, make up and all the other stuff. I call it a bonus if my husband likes it, which he does 99% of the time. I contributed to our household income and when I spend money I do it without putting pressure on our finances.
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I'm not one to spend a bunch of money on clothes or makeup. I feel like it's such a waste of my hard earned $$. I don't go all out for you guys putting myself together, but you know what? I'm still single...it looks like that's what you guys obviously want me doing because being myself isn't doing much to get me noticed. lol