Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.

You would get a gold star on your geometry homework. See people? If your kids every complain about when are they ever going to use math in real life, show them this example right here. Math in action.
  • DivineDee
    Options
    I brought some Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream and had convinced myself that I could eat only 1/2 cup :laugh: that's impossible. It's 260 calories per serving=1/2 cup. You can so easily end of eating the whole pint :sad: But, it was so good:laugh: I will not make that purchase again. I usually get the Skinny Cow ice cream that's only 100 calories but I didn't this time.
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the microwavable containers of soup that supposedly contain two servings. They just baffle me. If the container is supposed to be the bowl you eat from, who is splitting that with someone else?

THIS!! Especially when right on the container, it says "Perfect for the office!" Who splits a bowl of soup with a coworker?

Those darn frozen burritos where the serving size is half a burrito. HA! Or bread. Most types of bread list the serving as one slice or three... really?!
  • mdyorston
    Options
    date coconut rolls...serving siz 1.5 = 120 calories. Why not just make the serving size 1 at 80 calories?
  • aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and rice. Oh and noodles. It's the whole dry vs. cooked debacle. By the time I think I've figured out how much I can eat, I give up and throw the box back in the pantry. Not worth it.
    THIS!!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I was trying to buy some nuts. Every bag I picjked up was 3 servings. WTF? How can you open an already small bag, and just eat 1/3 of it. It's just ridiculous.

Maybe it was meant to be just 1 serving but someone messed up and the label was printed with the typo that has not yet been fixed.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    Options
    1 macaroon - size of a coin

CutestFood_com_img_5690_large1.jpg

50 calories!

My life is over..... what in the world am I going to do with THAT?! shove that pink quarter back where you found it, please and thank you.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Two tablespoons of peanut butter. YGTBFKM
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    There are these very yummy big muffins @ my local supermarket serving size...... 6. I calculated the pumpkin muffin and it was over 600 calories cripes. I used to eat one of those a week!!!!
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    A small, small, jar of almonds has like 11 servings, LMAO!!!!!!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

Yup.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Every item on the menu at the cheesecake factory
  • stephaniemejia1671
    Options
    I gotta agree on the cereal serving sizes - they are a joke. The ones I've seen often say LESS than a cup (I've seen many "3/4 cup serving". The only brand that gives a decent serving size is probably Kashi GoLean. I'd rather eat 200 calories and be full than eat 80 and be hungry in 30 minutes!

Had it wrrrroooooong for yeeeeeaaarrsss... I always thought the serving size went as follows (cereal+bowl+spoon+milk=fun time)
    A box would last me two days MAYBE 3.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    popcorn, who pops popcorn and doesnt eat the whole bag?
  • stephaniemejia1671
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. What sane person eats pop tarts?

Fixed that typo for you. :tongue:

*gasp* You shut your mouth with that blasphemous talk!

I always feel bad leaving one poptart... why not just have them in two separate bags? Like honey buns?..
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My life is over..... what in the world am I going to do with THAT?! shove that pink quarter back where you found it, please and thank you.

Macaroons are famous because they are very hard to make ("high kitchen" sweets) and in this country you have entire shops built around them - same in Western-Northern Europe.

My personal opinion it is an overhyped pastry sold at literally the price of gold... and it tastes like egg whites and SUGAR. But many people seem to love it.
    They are very fattening of course.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    Options
    Twix.... 2 servings.... since when?
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of peanut butter. Significantly less than you think if you're using actual tablespoons too (try weighing it!!). GTFO... gimme the jar and a spoon.

I recommend an ice tea spoon. The handle is longer so you're less likely to get pb on your wrist. I can put a serious dent in a jar of pb.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    Options

Macaroons are famous because they are very hard to make ("high kitchen" sweets) and in this country you have entire shops built around them - same in Western-Northern Europe.

My personal opinion it is an overhyped pastry sold at literally the price of gold... and it tastes like egg whites and SUGAR. But many people seem to love it.
    They are very fattening of course.

Hmmmm, oddly enough, I love marshmallow fluff, but have yet to have the world renound macaroon. I'd have to try it and see if it's worth all the fattyness. Lol.
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have seen chocolate bars and rolls of sweets that have said 1 serving = 2/3rd of a pack... REALLY? Or when you buy e.g. a Milky way (The UK version) and it says 1 serving = 1 piece yet there are two in the pack. Who has the will power to buy a chocolate bar and measure out and eat only half or 2/3rds?!! Not me!