Tramp Stamp? Like/Dislike

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• yrollamm
    Options
    I think I'll get a tattoo at the base of my back....it'll be a GRAMP stamp!
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why any woman who wants to be respected would get them besides it being called a tramp stamp
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If its only the tramp stamp then yes I dislike them. If its part of a larger back piece I don't care. I have a pretty large one in the center of my back and probably will add more above and below it.
  • AuddAlise
    Options
    I still love the work I had done at 16, and 18, and 24, and 26.... I take at least 3 months to look at the design everyday before I book it, and when you book it at my place you have to wait another month...

I waited 15 years to get my first one. I've only had it for a week and am so happy with it and the person who did it. I can't wait to get the second half done.
  • AuddAlise
    Options
    I Like! Unless its the motorcycle handle bar tatt.... That ones dumb. :smile: Haaah. I like mine of course. Its the Armenian Cross with grape leaves.. Would have liked to add some beautiful flowers. And mine shall entertain the CNA's who will be showering me one day, in the shower room, at the Alzhemiers Home. Give em something to look at! :laugh:

Am I quoting myself??? Yes I am... And the Armenian Priest approved of my stamp. And he told me, getting a tattoo is part of becoming a priest. Don't see anything trampy about that. As long as the person getting it likes it, its not harming anyone else.

Aram said this:
    I know that is also a tradition for Armenians to have a similar type of "small cross" tattooed on the inside of their wrist when they first visit Jerusalem.

This is a tradition for Armenians that goes back hundreds of years. A "Haji" tattoo signifies you have completed a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. The usual location is on the inner right forearm, but it has become more common in recent years (especially for women) for a tiny cross to be instead tattooed on the inside of a finger or at the wrist where it is inconspicuous or easily covered by a watch or ring. Ordinarily, the cross is of Armenian design, though some prefer different designs, and will usually have the date of your first pilgrimage inscribed underneath.

I have my Haji from my pilgrimage on my right inner forearm. They're very, very common in our community, even for priests. It is additionally tradition that one who makes a pilgrimage can also use the personal title of Haji, though this is less common. My great grandfather was known to many people as Haji Levon, as he made his pilgrimage as he was emigrating from Turkey to the United States before the Genocide, and I think it's even on his gravestone.

One must understand the special relationship Armenians have with Jerusalem, a presence that goes back (quite literally) to the time of Christ, to understand the importance of the Haji. The Haji binds you with all others who have prayed in the Holy City, in the Cathedral of St. James in the Armenian Quarter, and reminds you always of your time in Jerusalem. I carry Jerusalem with me everywhere I go.

I love the significance of your tattoo. Beautifully written, well done!
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Only when they read, "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

Che buffo!
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    No, I love tattoos but not in that spot....far too common, and I don't like the idea that i would be considered a bullseye for having a tattoo there. Give me a full sleeve, a side piece, garter tattoos but no tramp stamp please
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Indifferent
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    depends on what it is. bullseye probably not
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Depends what it is butterfly's are a no no personal,yo don't Le them but I got one just below the bottom of my black its sexy and classy an nobody can see it unless I'm naked :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I have one or two...
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Yes because the placement of my tattoos dictates exactly what kind of person I am.............. :huh:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    no thanks. :tongue:
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty tattooed, and I have one that goes around my hips, and up my tummy, and I respect that while others don't like it, I do, and it doesn't make me of more or less value than anyone else. What someone else considers trashy, I love, and there are lots of ways other people look/behave that make them appear trashy to me. So meh, each to their own.
  • scrumhalf7
    scrumhalf7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Love em!
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Not on a guy! lol. Saw one once. eeks! I love tattoos. I have 9 of them. Get what YOU want and get it where YOU want. But men....no tramp stamps please. :-)
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't like them and hate if it's some sort of Asian word/symbol.
  • scrumhalf7
    scrumhalf7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Didnt mean on me Freckles, love em on women!!!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I claim that I got mine before I even knew that term exsisted!!!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Tramp stamps make for good reading.