Women Be Shoppin'

Options

Replies

• SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    get a pedometer or a fitbit and tell all these people to shut up. A WORKOUT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN A GYM FOR IT TO COUNT, I swear bunch of damn snobs in here anymore. Walking is walking in a store or on a treadmill, no difference. I used to log shopping and even walmart trips until I got my fitbit now it does that for me.

Whoa! *grabs popcorn*

Can I interest you in some Cookies & Cream Ice Cream while you're here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT51sn_t-mg9yELAGFtWh7rDYIjKWW8EMdVn-V2phlBTq2t390DVQ

Can I have some ice cream??? It's my favorite!

ETA: OP I do not log shopping as exercise but like others have said if it's not something you normally do, or you get your heart rate up, or you walked a long way, then go ahead a log it.
  • Gettinyoung
    Options
    My driveway 500 feet from garage to the street. I dragged a full garbage can through several inches of snow, and dragged the empty can back through the snow. Coming back is up a hill. I didn't count it as any exercise. I felt like I had a workout though. I never count shopping as exercise.

My driveways is 700 feet from the garage to the street, I dragged a full garbage can through the (not so deep) snow and jogged all the way back. I did not log that as execise....just felt good!

I shop to exercise my ego!:happy:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I used to have a "friend" who logged calories for sitting and studying.

I just farted. I logged 4 calories.

make sure you eat those back! you know, to avoid starvation mode.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    release_the_hounds-s272x348-234111.jpg
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i generally dont log shopping unless i hit the mall. I cover that mall from one end to the other on both floors. Not counting the walking around inside the stores that is at least 2 miles.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    get a pedometer or a fitbit and tell all these people to shut up. A WORKOUT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE IN A GYM FOR IT TO COUNT, I swear bunch of damn snobs in here anymore. Walking is walking in a store or on a treadmill, no difference. I used to log shopping and even walmart trips until I got my fitbit now it does that for me.

art+thou+angered+my+brethren.jpg
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Although in some threads ridicule happens, it did not happen here. The response you quoted was unjustified,
    I'm not defending that guy's comments!
    as was your post if you believe there were a bunch of ridiculing comments.
    No, just been here long enough to expect them. Just wanted that out there before people started landblasting her for asking the question. That's all.

What does landblasting mean? Do you mean lambasting? I gotta say I googled landblasting and (besides the obvious sandblasting and use of explosives) I don't it means what you think it means. Really nice addition to an amusing thread, though.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    What does landblasting mean?
    It means what my "smartphone" thinks it means.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    I don't it means what you think it means.

Oh, and this sentence confused me. Did you mean to type, "I don't THINK it means what you think it means"? If so, you left out the word think. Amusing thread is amusing.
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would not log such a thing as "exercise." You shopped before trying to lose weight, correct?

ETA: Since this might not be what you and some other people want to hear, I feel the need to clarify that this is MY opinion. I am not attacking. I am trying to help.

THIS. We all gained weight while shopping and "cleaning, light/moderate/heavy effort." I seriously don't see the point in logging those activities.
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options
    I don't it means what you think it means.

Oh, and this sentence confused me. Did you mean to type, "I don't THINK it means what you think it means"? If so, you left out the word think. Amusing thread is amusing.

Well, you were right about something. Feel better now? I was laughing too hard about landblasting definitions. :laugh:
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I would not log such a thing as "exercise." You shopped before trying to lose weight, correct?

ETA: Since this might not be what you and some other people want to hear, I feel the need to clarify that this is MY opinion. I am not attacking. I am trying to help.

I completely agree. I get irritated when I see people log 480 minutes of leisurely walking when it was obvious they were just at work for eight hours.
  • 19andneverthesame
    Options
    If I can add Xbox as an exercise I think you should be able to log shopping, just say 3/4ths of the time you shopped at 2mph
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Well, you were right about something. Feel better now? I was laughing too hard about landblasting definitions. :laugh:

By the way, Urban Dictionary and some younger people now use "landblasting" to mean "attacking". (I won't type the actual definition), but it could actually be used the same way I was intending to use lambasting. Not sure how you missed that when you did your Google search. Probably from laughing so hard, huh? :wink:
  • dangerousdumpling
    Options

By the way, Urban Dictionary and some younger people now use "landblasting" to mean "attacking". (I won't type the actual definition), but it could actually be used the same way I was intending to use lambasting. Not sure how you missed that when you did your Google search. Probably from laughing so hard, huh? :wink:

I didn't say I did intensive research. I googled and read for about 30 seconds. You posted something funny. I laughed. Chill, man. Don't let a thread that you didn't even start ruin your day.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    I didn't say I did intensive research. I googled and read for about 30 seconds. You posted something funny. I laughed. Chill, man. Don't let a thread that you didn't even start ruin your day.

Sorry you're not picking up on my snark. I'm not worked up. Just having fun and killing time at work.
  • jasminetooblessedtobestressed
    Options
    I'm one of those crazy MFP loggers I log leisure walking on non workout days ,mostly because I walk more than I did before my lifestyle change.Still losing so far...
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE activity level already includes things like this then you wouldn't include it. If it doesn't and and there is significant walking then log it.

Better yet get a fitbit and if it thinks you are walking more then your activity level it will put in the adjustment for you.
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Eek, didn't realize this topic would be so controversial lol.

Anyway, thanks for your advice! I won't log the time I was shopping but I will log the 2 miles I walked home instead of taking the bus :)

p.s got a really cute dress!