Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Mhillman67
    Options
    I'm 45 and have lost 14 pounds on 4.5 weeks. Clean Eating, gluten free! It can be done!
  • llaskoske
    llaskoske Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 59, soon to be 60. Just had a hip replacement, so my activity is WAY down from what I planned. The good news is I managed to lose 14 lbs before surgery. I'd been getting to the gym at least once a week for strength training and treadmill or elliptical workout, and walking more in daily activities. Being stronger pre-surgery has helped my recovery. 2 weeks post-op for total hip replacement and I'm using a cane. Continuing physical therapy, and walking in the house until I can drive, but I have to take it slow because I tire easily this early and I don't want set-backs.

It's hard to keep down to 1200 calories because my husband who also uses MyFitnessPal can eat so many more calories than I can, and he tends to give me the same portions he eats, while telling me they're smaller. He cooks, so I have to try to get him to make salads for me (He won't eat vegetables at all).

I could just start refusing to eat stuff.

Anyone 55 or older trying to lose weight, feel free to add me. I'd prefer to have a support group my age for encouragement. I'm getting discouraged over reading about these 20-somethings running 10 miles and burning 600 calories in half an hour.
  • umuller
    Options
    I am 50 in six month time, struggling with my weight for the last 12 years, since I have a family and aren’t able to exercise as before, keeping the weight off is a tall order in our age, I am glad to know I am not alone
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, 41 next month. Getting used to being in this bracket these days ;)

I've lost 2 stone over the last 6-8 months. Age is not a barrier! My results are ok, I've seen stuff you wouldnt believe from 60+ 70+ people. dont think about age. In fact, keeping active as you age is a great thing.
  • janmarlee
    Options
    I am 51 and just started Fitness Pal two days ago with my nutritionist. I am reading about all of your success and that is terrific!
  • LizASterling
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 I feel like I'm 25 :wink:
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    45 here! Welcome!
  • KathyGainey
    KathyGainey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    47 and trying hard to lose 30 pounds by June. 30 yr class reunion is a great motivator!! =) Have lots to lose but that is the first goal.
  • kenp1004
    kenp1004 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    42 Here and looking to lose for my first goal about 32 pounds then my final goal is to lose another 25 or so. Feel free to add me and welcome.
  • JanetP2604
    JanetP2604 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 52...lost 115 pounds about 2 years ago..and its steadily creeping back on...I need to lose 30 to get back to where I was...It just seems to get harder and harder...or my motivation and mindset isn't the same...I started logging my food again...and trying to get back into the gym on a regular basis...Would love some buddies in the same boat as I am in.....
  • biglogger50
    Options
    Hi there 49 be fifty in june!!!! going on a crusie have to look good!
  • tuck11er
    Options
    Hi! I'm 58 and I've only been using MFP for about a month. I'd like to lose 10 lbs. (harder than it sounds) :)
  • SexyPrettyMama
    Options
    Hi, and I'm 42. Feeling good and very optimistic! Feel free to add me, that goes for everybody.
  • MedinaR66
    Options
    Wow, proud of you!
  • babersbh
    Options
    Going to be 48 in 7 weeks and almost to my goal weight!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • MedinaR66
    Options
    I'm 46
  • allenpearcy
    allenpearcy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just turned 44 and didn't really get on my weight-loss journey until I was nearly 42. I feel better now than when I was 34!
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 49. I'll be 50 January 19, 2014. I'm struggling with losing weight. I have ALWAYS had a HARD time losing weight. I doesn't seem to get any easier at all.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Just turned 53 this week - lost my excess weight in the last year but still pushing fitness and strength targets.
    100 push-up challenge and 100 mile cycle are two of my targets for this year.

"You're only as old as the woman you feel" - Groucho Marx.
  • arthurrichard
    arthurrichard Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 57. Just started trying to lose weight a couple of weeks ago, though. Sort of a beginner, I guess.