Who is the most obnoxious person at YOUR gym??

Options

Replies

• jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    kindly do not respond to me again or it will be considered personal.

Seriously?

Too funny.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Really...who really cares?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Seriously?

Too funny.

Struck a nerve I guess huh? :smile:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Guy with no visible muscle telling others about how you can't bulk and cut at the same time :laugh:

Girl who throws a tantrum over waiting 15 minutes for a treadmill when others were waiting before her
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Definitely has to be the person who criticizes everyone else and then takes it personal when others disagree with him or her.

Wait. That would be the most annoying person on a forum,not at the gym.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

ZOMG you're so clever I could just fall over. I was most certainly judging - but not anyone in the gym - and yeah - since one of my goals is to get people to go to the gym and not worry that others are watching them and criticising them WHILE they work out, it does actually hinder my goals when the haters all unite for a group gripefest in print.

People show up here and say whatever they want to say - in the open forums - and are responsible for what they put out there. If you don't want responses from the general public, then you don't post the question to the general public.

People post these threads to blow off some steam and have a little fun at the expense of some of the weirdos they have to deal with every day. Yeah it's in public, but if you have to get butthurt and make it all about yourself you can certainly not read it. It's pretty obvious what a post entitled "who is the most obnoxious person at your gym" is going to be about.
    And it's not like there haven't been a dozen others just like it.
    But by walking into a gym and doing your workout, you are not presenting yourself for public criticism on the internet where you are not afforded the option to defend yourself.

People are pretty much banging on people who go to the gym and DON'T work out, but strut around making pathetic attempts to get attention. if you're getting so bent out of shape because you're one of those people you should probably rethink your behavior in the gym.
    just once I would love to see a thread about something wonderful that happened in your gym, friends you made, someone who you found that you can look up to. Not - who is the most obnoxious person that pays to go to your gym that you don't know.

I'm sure there are. But you're choosing to read and object to the ones that aren't. Lighten up.

I am allowed to be here representing the other side. You are not singling out any other person objecting on this thread. Only me. I ask you kindly to stop singling me out and allow me to have a differing opinion than yours, and to stop with the insulting.

I never started a conversation specifically with you - you brought my post from the beginning back up and I responded, just like I have been responding every 3 or 4 pages to let any silent readers know that not everyone is going to feel this way. Like other posters who have objected, we just want people to know that not everyone is watching them.

We are keeping a balance here. And someone (or 5 or 10) usually object in the other 12 threads posted about making fun of people working out, just as they have here. it is not just me.

Also feel free to put me on ignore - as I am not insulting you, but you are pointing a finger at me in particular, insinuating that I don't workout when I go to the gym and that I am one of the attention seekers that should be ridiculed, telling me to stop being butthurt and to not participate in this thread just because I don't agree with you- even though others have responded similarly.

I post almost exclusively on information and motivational threads - but I was moved to speak up here, more than once, as others have done, on behalf of those that aren't going to think badly of what other people do in the gym.

kindly do not respond to me again or it will be considered personal. I also promise not to post here anymore, because I am derailing this thread from it's original purpose of having a little fun at the expense of others.

huh? :huh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Seriously?

Too funny.

Struck a nerve I guess huh? :smile:

Doubtful. I think she realized you're just too dense to understand what she's saying and she's done trying to convince you that 300 post threads mocking people that are trying to better themselves is not a good idea. Maybe on bodybuilding.com we could all have a good laugh together but there people are already DEDICATED to going to the gym. here at mfp, every third post is a newbie saying how intimidated they are about going to the free weights side.

I'm not exactly some overly pc, uptight prude on this Site. I'm rarely even polite, much less considerate. I love to laugh and I'm fine with jokes that come at the expense of others. But know your audience. This ain't the place. Threads like these is why subpar gyms like PF exist
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Doubtful. I think she realized you're just too dense to understand what she's saying and she's done trying to convince you that 300 post threads mocking people that are trying to better themselves is not a good idea. Maybe on bodybuilding.com we could all have a good laugh together but there people are already DEDICATED to going to the gym. here at mfp, every third post is a newbie saying how intimidated they are about going to the free weights side.

I'm not exactly some overly pc, uptight prude on this Site. I'm rarely even polite, much less considerate. I love to laugh and I'm fine with jokes that come at the expense of others. But know your audience. This ain't the place. Threads like these is why subpar gyms like PF exist

I understood what she was saying, I disagreed with her.
    The people being mocked are not the ones trying to better themselves. I'm sure even the gym newbies can see the humor in some of the situations these people described.
    And even if what you're saying is true, judgmentally bashing everyone for being judgmental isn't going to accomplish anything.

Threads like these is why subpar gyms like PF exist

You should probably recommend the obviously superior gym you go to, to the newbies because apparently there are no rude gym people there to make fun of.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Whoever gets in between me and the mirror while I am working out
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Wait, some of you are actually upset about people being naked in the locker room? Seriously?

"There's good naked...and there's bad naked" - Seinfeld

Honestly, you sound like a major b****. I've had double mastectomies thanks to breast cancer, and I've been self concious enough. If no one like it. they can kiss my a**, including snotty little girls like those who complain about imperfect bodies. Just wait until life takes it's toll on yours.

I agree with the guy who said these kinds of threads are disgusting.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The only time I get annoyed at the gym is if someone is d*cking around on a machine/area that I need to use or if people are watching me (being the only black person in my small European town, this happens a lot).

I really don't care if someone is doing something I wouldn't do. It's their body.

Oh - just thought of something else! Back at my gym in the states, this guy would work out in a plastic suit and leave puddles of sweat on the floor. PUDDLES like rain puddles. That was nasty. Work out but don't make me slip in your sweat!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    The guy who thinks he's too big and swollen to allow you to pass through the hallway.

Excuse me, Arnold. But some of us have cardio to do...Move it!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have an older guy at my gym.. He is in good shape, but he often finds an open area in the gym and does Karate with an invisible friend... and makes sure he gets everyones attention with loud "Yas and Has" and other crazy noises when he kicks or punchs.... and then he runs around the indoor track and "pumps" him self up loudly, raising his arms like he just won something....

Hahahah! This actually made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. There is a boy at my university who does this on our green. So hysterical!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My favorite is when women go way too "made up" to the gym. Personally, I don't see the point of CAKING on the mascara (which if you're working hard enough is gonna run anyway) and masking yourself in orange concealer (which clogs pores when you sweat!)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    The a-hole who works at the front desk.
    Then one day he saw me wearing a "Keep calm and kill zombies" sweater and now he's nice to me.
    I'm pretty sure he 100% believes he's gods gift to all women.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    smelly guy who sometimes forgets to wipe down his machine. Ewww.
  • aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have an older guy at my gym.. He is in good shape, but he often finds an open area in the gym and does Karate with an invisible friend... and makes sure he gets everyones attention with loud "Yas and Has" and other crazy noises when he kicks or punchs.... and then he runs around the indoor track and "pumps" him self up loudly, raising his arms like he just won something....

My brother related a similar story from his gym. It was a smaller gym on two levels; the bottom floor had weights and cardio machines, and the top floor was open space for stretching, cardio, etc- as well as having a punching bag. One of the regs would be lifting weights, then suddenly drop the weights to run a few laps around the floor, dodging machines and other gym goers. He'd then bound up the stairs and take on the punching bag with cries of "Come at me!" and "Bring it!" before heading back down to his weights.

ROFL!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I love the karate one
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not obnoxious but just a little weird. A guy on the treadmill gives the occasional loud "yeah!" Like he's pumping himself up. But what do I care, I've got my headphones on. And sometimes in between songs when I CAN hear him I like to pretend he's cheering me on. :)
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I workout at home most of the time. My teenage son is the most annoying. No matter what, he appears to have some reason to pester me during that small amount of time I am exercising. My dogs just la on the couch and stare at me. Lol