What time is the cut off for eating?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SammiSpring
    Options
    I aim to not eat at least 3-4 hours before bed.
  • turbojam_rocks
    turbojam_rocks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!!..I think I got it now:)))
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    hello you are supposed to eat before 7pm because if you eat before 7pm it gives your body a chance to digest your food ,your metabolism is faster before 7 ,hope this helps xx

what?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    hello you are supposed to eat before 7pm because if you eat before 7pm it gives your body a chance to digest your food ,your metabolism is faster before 7 ,hope this helps xx
    How does your metabolism know what time it is?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I stop eating while I'm sleeping. It's messy and dangerous to eat while sleeping. Any other time is fair game.

QFT
  • ndj1979
    Options
    How does your metabolism know what time it is?

thats what your internal clock is for....I thought everyone knew that...just like the intestines know that it is 8:00 and time to punch out for the day...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I eat a cheeseburger after 7pm and then the next morning sit on the toilet and poop out a completely intact cheeseburger because my body didn't digest the food I ate. Don't you hate it when that happens?
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I hate it when I eat a cheeseburger after 7pm and then the next morning sit on the toilet and poop out a completely intact cheeseburger because my body didn't digest the food I ate. Don't you hate it when that happens?

This is too funny!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options

This is too funny!!!

It sucks even more when I eat a rib eye before 7pm...
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

This is too funny!!!

It sucks even more when I eat a rib eye before 7pm...
    The good news is that since none of it gets digested you can eat anything you want after 7pm , even 10,000 calories in a sitting, without gaining weight.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Just wondering!! What time does everyone stop eating at? I was always told not to eat after 8, Is this true?

To the first question, I usually eat right up till bedtime, which is around 10:30 on workdays and varies when I don't have to work the next day.

As to the second question, how would I know if you were told that?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    OP...don't worry about what time of day you are eating...just focus on your calorie goal. So long as you are meeting your calorie goal, you'll be just fine. I eat dinner every night between 8PM and 9PM and hit the rack around 10...I've lost 25 Lbs or so in the past 5 months. No biggie.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I stop eating before 8 pm. Usually, I've eaten dinner aroun 3:30 or 4pm. At around 7:30pm, after working out, I'll have a protein shake.

I don't sleep well after eating a large meal and I lose better if I eat a light dinner. I think there are great reasons to stop eating at a certain time, or eat within a "window" (like IF). Find what works for you.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My metabolism must have lost it's watch as I don't recall this happening to me :tongue:
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I heard at 8 pm, your intestines shut down ;)

If only that were true!!! I might get a full night's rest!!! :laugh: