This goes out to the ladies,out there ;)

Options

Replies

• alwalker01
    alwalker01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully said..thanks Solider!!!!:smile:
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    To all the girls afraid of going to the gym because they are self conscious: Go there and kick *kitten*. You’re beautiful, be proud. Its your body, this is for you. Not for the people who are at the gym, not for anyone else, you. Focus on you. Who gives a **** what anyone else thinks, YOU are making YOURSELF better and that sure as hell beats all the people at home sitting on the couch.

You are the best! I know I needed to hear that today!
  • June2268
    Options
    You rock!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    It is tough for us guys as well.

Get out of here dude.

This post is meant to attract woman.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Get out of here dude.

I would think with that fauxhawk he wouldn't need a post like this.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I used to hate going to the gym because I was scared people were looking and whispering about me. Even went to one of those all girl gyms long time ago trying to hide. Now I hit the gym 6xs a week and I go to a military gym so fit people every where. No ones watching and if they are who cares I am there to get healthy. What I do do is if I see someone who is clearly uncomfortable in there I make it a point to talk to them and encourage them. Something I would have loved when first starting out.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nice post! :flowerforyou:
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    WK of peace
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    I was always intimidated to go to the gym. The outfits! The skinny girls! The really fit people. I didn't know what I was doing and didn't want to look stupid. Then I realized that anyone making fun of the big girl for TRYING to do something isn't worth worrying about. It became my mantra - I'M TRYING. Fifteen years on, I have confidence about the gym - especially the weights area. That's my favorite bit - and I don't feel embarrassed about lifting light - it works for me and I'M TRYING : )
  • Ready4Change05
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. That's something I needed to hear!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Get out of here dude.

I would think with that fauxhawk he wouldn't need a post like this.

Between the well written profile, the fauxhawk, and the sexy shades he's clearly he for strictly motivational purposes.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    hey-girl-22_zps23c49ea6.jpeg
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    @Reyshivs - You rock just for saying that. And he's right ladies, we rock too. :wink:
  • healthyloserxxx
    Options
    Who cares what the message is meant for fish, whatever. If it comforts, motivates and validates people to go to the gym and feel
    comfortable, mission accomplished.

Often I use the treadmill right downstairs in my condo since I don't have to care what I'm wearing, etc. On the other hand
    noone at the gym is walking in my shoes, nor do they care what I'm doing. We need to get over it and just do our workout.

At the pool I swim at, there are people trying to lose alot of weight and swimming is their only safe exercise. People are so
    supportive and encouraging.

Remember it is your health...excuses or mind sets won't help you achieve your goal! Put a smile on and join the gym! Some
    memberships are only $10 a month.....best investment ever!
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    Very well said. I used to hate going to the gym because I was scared people were looking and whispering about me. Even went to one of those all girl gyms long time ago trying to hide. Now I hit the gym 6xs a week and I go to a military gym so fit people every where. No ones watching and if they are who cares I am there to get healthy. What I do do is if I see someone who is clearly uncomfortable in there I make it a point to talk to them and encourage them. Something I would have loved when first starting out.

you rock - well done! : ) I would've loved that too when I first started.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This is quite cheesey. Pass the crackers please?
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    hey-girl-22_zps23c49ea6.jpeg
    How YOU doin?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    thank you! u're too sweet!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Remember it is your health...excuses or mind sets won't help you achieve your goal! Put a smile on and join the gym! Some
    memberships are only $10 a month.....best investment ever!

wow! you are so lucky! Most of the gyms around me are $40 - $50 a month, WITH a $40 - 60 one time start up fee... or you can pay $10 a VISIT
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that. I get so self conscience. Expecially in the weights area.