Could I wear this dress to a friend's wedding?

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress, but too bridal to wear to a wedding. I could imagine it in a gorgeous sea-green though; then I'd wear it.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    if someone wore that to mine i'd be mad, its beautiful but anything near white shouldn't be worn by anyone except the bride.

^this^^
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    That looks like something a bride would wear I wouldn't wear it. The second set of photos I'd lean more towards if you want a light colored dress.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love that first dress! I wouldn't have been offended if someone wore it to my wedding. But I seem to be swimming against the tide, if the general consensus is no, best not to risk any offence.
    I didn't find the second dress as attractive, but I don't think anyone could be offended with it. Maybe team with bright accessories for a completely un-bridal look?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    gorgeous dress, but not for someone else's wedding. a super classy night out... definitely

edit: if you are questioning if it's appropriate, it's most likely not.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It would work if it were pink.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress but no. You cannot wear that. Even if you do not offend the bride you will offend other guests.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    definitely too bridal to wear to a wedding. I wore a silver dress to my cousin's wedding in the spring.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Can you get it in a different color? The style is gorgeous, perhaps try a baby blue, pink, orangey-cream, gold, or a teal...? If not, I'd have to agree that it would seem too "similar" to a wedding dress.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    No
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I love that first dress! I wouldn't have been offended if someone wore it to my wedding. But I seem to be swimming against the tide, if the general consensus is no, best not to risk any offence.
    I didn't find the second dress as attractive, but I don't think anyone could be offended with it. Maybe team with bright accessories for a completely un-bridal look?

I wouldn't be offended either. But then again I didn't have a traditional wedding and I can wear my "wedding" dress over and over and over again. :)
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    No no no. Just no.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm In the uk and I'd be very surprised by a wedding guest wearing a full length gown. It might be different where you are, though.
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have to say no too... white/ivory should only be worn by the bride at a wedding.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    lovely..to bridal..do they make it in lavender?
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    That's a gorgeous dress. But it actually looks exactly like what I would want to wear at my own wedding - I think you need to find something less bridal.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I think it's gorgeous and you should wear it.

Of course, my entire bridal party wore white at my wedding, including my mom and my mother-in-law...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you wear a dress like that in white or off-white (bridal dress colors) people are going to think that you were actively trying to be disrespectful to the bride and the whole wedding. Sometimes people never forget things like that. You will make a bad impression. As others said, there is a whole rainbow of colors to choose from. A whole combination of attractive, beautiful styles that do not look like wedding gowns.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Not at all appropriate I'd think.