How often do you shower?

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

fo sho!

every second day though. I effin hate showering.

^^^ this. although I don't hate showering, just that it's time consuming.

I have a tendency to get the kind of eczema that's made worse by washing too frequently. Showering when I don't actually need to is bad for my skin. If I showered as frequently as some people in this thread, my skin would be a total and utter mess. i have to be really careful what products I use on my skin too because the problem is that my skin's natural barrier has a genetic defect, meaning it gets washed away far too easily, and have to use a prescription moisturiser (emollient) after showering.

Sorry to be boring lol, and no, I don't smell and my skin's fine with antiperspirant, that doesn't strip away the skin's natural barrier.

Hope this information comes in useful to anyone who's suffering from eczema and doesn't know why.... (also see a good dermatologist and bear in mind not all eczema is the same, so the above advice may not be appropriate to everyone who has eczema)
  • RachelDenise30
    RachelDenise30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Once if I don't feel like a lazy bum who doesn't want to get wet.

Twice if I workout that day.

And more times depending on amount of crazy monkey sex.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I shower at least every day, but on work out days I shower twice daily. I rinse out and condition my hair every time, but I don't wash my hair more than twice a week as it's extremely curly.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Once a day unless I'm somewhere hot, then twice.
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    showering too much is actually bad for your skin :tongue:
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I shower every day, but I only wash my hair a couple times a week.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    twice a day, usually.
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

fo sho!

every second day though. I effin hate showering.

^^^ this. although I don't hate showering, just that it's time consuming.

I have a tendency to get the kind of eczema that's made worse by washing too frequently. Showering when I don't actually need to is bad for my skin. If I showered as frequently as some people in this thread, my skin would be a total and utter mess. i have to be really careful what products I use on my skin too because the problem is that my skin's natural barrier has a genetic defect, meaning it gets washed away far too easily, and have to use a prescription moisturiser (emollient) after showering.

Sorry to be boring lol, and no, I don't smell and my skin's fine with antiperspirant, that doesn't strip away the skin's natural barrier.

Hope this information comes in useful to anyone who's suffering from eczema and doesn't know why.... (also see a good dermatologist and bear in mind not all eczema is the same, so the above advice may not be appropriate to everyone who has eczema)

I have this exact same problem and shower every other day for the same reason. Right now my hands actually feel sandpapery because I've showered too much in the past few days and haven't been so good on using my steroid ointment or lotion (I just use baby lotion, didn't know anything about prescription moisturisers).
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    once a day
  • Amazigh926
    Amazigh926 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that so many people shower 2-3 times a day. That seems so wasteful of time and resources. And the people who shower BEFORE their workouts? WTH? :huh: I shower after workouts, so 5-6 times a week.
    ^^ This
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Once per day, post lifting.
  • nicoled6842
    Options
    Once minimum, but twice in the summer or if I do crazy cleaning and feel icky. But dry shampoo is a miracle, so I don't always have to do my hair if I'm being lazy.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    weekdays i shower twice a day (before i go to work to wake my *kitten* up - i cant function without a shower, and right after work/working out - i usually workout right after i leave my job) on the weekends its once a day because i usually dont leave my/or my bfs house.

In the summer it can be 3x per day depending on how hot it is outside and whut not
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Every other day
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    morning after work & at night before work. Anytime I'm trying to sober up fast
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    3 times a day when at work. Shower when I wake, shower after cycling to work and then shower when I get home
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    Before work, and again after the gym.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    3 times a day! Before workout after workout and then in the evening ! I love my showers!