Aspartame in Milk?

Options

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    aspartame = evil.

Your exaggeration is quite over the top.

Things like rape and genocide are evil.

Aspartame has been proven to be safe to consume.

I wouldn't even go there, that thread has been rehashed a hundred times! A great deal of us consider it to be a fairly nasty product. Especially those of us that eat food that lived or grew. No aspartame trees that I know of?

There aren't any penecillin trees either.

Just because a lab is the origin, there is no reason to fear the product.

Again, aspartame has been proven to be safe to consume. Unless you have PK. Which is very rare.

i don't know about you, but i don't plan on eating penicillin, EVER.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    aspartame = evil.

I wouldn't even go there, that thread has been rehashed a hundred times! A great deal of us consider it to be a fairly nasty product. Especially those of us that eat food that lived or grew. No aspartame trees that I know of?

Again, aspartame has been proven to be safe to consume. Unless you have PK. Which is very rare.

Actually penicillin comes from a fungi- I.e. it's origin is from nature. You can believe everything your government tells you, I choose to question their motives.

I'm so glad you agree with me.

Penecillin, in its original form, is useless to us. Even though it came from nature.

Science, in a lab, helped it to become the greatest life saver ever made.

Just like science, in a lab, figured out some combination of amino acids that tastes sweet to our taste buds. Those amino acids occur in higher concentrations in chicken, but since it came from a lab many people are afraid.

I'm just saying, again: aspartame is safe to consume.
  • chadpoelman
    Options
    I think it's fantastic. Except those that are legitimitly intolerent to it there is no logical reason to think it's unsafe to consume. Making a conclusion based on one or two studies that confirm your belief with out looking at the rest of the science is an illogical way to come to a conclusion and ranges from silly to irresponsible when passing on "information" to others.

I would be incredibly suprised if they didn't label it, and even more surprised if they didn't offer both with or with-out. If for what-ever reason you don't like it (flavor, don't trust it's healthy etc..) then get the regular chocolate milk or something else.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    you mean its NOT already in chocolate milk?

That's right. It's literally illegal to add aspartame to chocolate milk and sell it as chocolate milk.

It is perfectly acceptable to add HFCS to chocolate milk and sell it as chocolate milk.

Go figure that one out.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    well probs all die.
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    aspartame = evil.

Actually penicillin comes from a fungi- I.e. it's origin is from nature. You can believe everything your government tells you, I choose to question their motives.

I'm so glad you agree with me.

Penecillin, in its original form, is useless to us. Even though it came from nature.

Science, in a lab, helped it to become the greatest life saver ever made.

Just like science, in a lab, figured out some combination of amino acids that tastes sweet to our taste buds. Those amino acids occur in higher concentrations in chicken, but since it came from a lab many people are afraid.

I'm just saying, again: aspartame is safe to consume.

I choose to not take the risk with my health. I respect your opinion but I know way to much about food politics to believe that it's safe.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    It's like Frankenmilk! Lol. Why can't they just leave it alone and stop trying to improve on nature?

Well, if we "stopped trying to improve on nature" you wouldn't have that cell phone, the internet, ibuprofen, penicillin, a car, etc etc etc.

I was referring to food- that's what the thread is about? How can you take something that was created by nature and improve on it? Phones, cars etc weren't ever created by nature.

You can improve on a tree by turning it into a desk. You can improve on a hunk of dirt by extracting silicon from it and making computer chips from them.

Ultimately, everything we have comes from nature. All the good things we have in life are a result of man improving on nature.

Cottage cheese doesn't just happen. We have to make it by improving on semolina. Etc etc.

Regardless, you don't even consume the products the article is talking about in the first place. I doubt if you're buying much HFCS-filled chocolate milk.

You think a tree looks better as a desk? How can that be improvement? It's not improvement, it's destruction of our natural environment.

No I don't why would I want to?

1) You presumably use desks, which are presumably made from wood or wood products. So at some point you decided that chopping down a tree and shaping it into a desk was an improvement.

2) The proposed changes make it acceptable to change a product you would never use in a way that will result in you still not using said product. So why do you even care?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I think it's fantastic. Except those that are legitimitly intolerent to it there is no logical reason to think it's unsafe to consume. Making a conclusion based on one or two studies that confirm your belief with out looking at the rest of the science is an illogical way to come to a conclusion and ranges from silly to irresponsible when passing on "information" to others.

I would be incredibly suprised if they didn't label it, and even more surprised if they didn't offer both with or with-out. If for what-ever reason you don't like it (flavor, don't trust it's healthy etc..) then get the regular chocolate milk or something else.

They do make it already, the petition is to not have to label it differently: this suggests they would remove the aspartame free versions from most markets.
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Options

Nobody stated that their opinion was based on a few studies? And how is it irresponsible to state that I choose not to consume it? I didn't advise anyone else
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    aspartame = evil.

i don't know about you, but i don't plan on eating penicillin, EVER.

You're kidding right? Let's hope you never need one of these antibiotics then.... *rolls eyes*

· Penicillin G
    · Penicillin V
    · Penicillin VK
    · Nafcillin
    · Oxacillin
    · Cloxacillin
    · Dicloxacillin
    · Ampicillin
    · Amoxicillin
    · Bacampacillin
    · Carbenicillin indanyl
    · Ticarcillin
    · Mezlocillin
    · Piperacillin
    Cephalosporin drugs that are closely related to Penicillin - it is not 100%, but penicillin allergic can be allergic as well. So some drugs in each class are:
    · Cephalothin
    · Cefamandole
    · Cefotaxime
    · Cefepime
  • timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well that is frightening. Aspartame gives me terrible migraines. I have cut it out completely (at least I thought).
  • jonnythan
    Options

Nobody stated that their opinion was based on a few studies? And how is it irresponsible to state that I choose not to consume it? I didn't advise anyone else

IMO it's irresponsible to say that foods containing added HFCS are acceptable, while foods containing aspartame are not.
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Options
    It's like Frankenmilk! Lol. Why can't they just leave it alone and stop trying to improve on nature?

Well, if we "stopped trying to improve on nature" you wouldn't have that cell phone, the internet, ibuprofen, penicillin, a car, etc etc etc.

I was referring to food- that's what the thread is about? How can you take something that was created by nature and improve on it? Phones, cars etc weren't ever created by nature.

You can improve on a tree by turning it into a desk. You can improve on a hunk of dirt by extracting silicon from it and making computer chips from them.

Ultimately, everything we have comes from nature. All the good things we have in life are a result of man improving on nature.

Cottage cheese doesn't just happen. We have to make it by improving on semolina. Etc etc.

Regardless, you don't even consume the products the article is talking about in the first place. I doubt if you're buying much HFCS-filled chocolate milk.

You think a tree looks better as a desk? How can that be improvement? It's not improvement, it's destruction of our natural environment.

1) You presumably use desks, which are presumably made from wood or wood products. So at some point you decided that chopping down a tree and shaping it into a desk was an improvement.

2) The proposed changes make it acceptable to change a product you would never use in a way that will result in you still not using said product. So why do you even care?

Well just so happens I don't lol, however point taken but I wouldn't state that as "an improvement"

Isn't that why we are on this site? Because we do care?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    you mean its NOT already in chocolate milk?

That was my thought also!
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Options

IMO it's irresponsible to say that foods containing added HFCS are acceptable, while foods containing aspartame are not.

Who said HFCS are acceptable??
  • jonnythan
    Options

Well just so happens I don't lol, however point taken but I wouldn't state that as "an improvement"

You don't what? Use desks? OK. You do clearly use wooden cabinets and window trim, because they are visible in your profile picture.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm. Large diet milk please.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Who said HFCS are acceptable??

It's currently legal to add HFCS to milk. Are you saying that should be illegal, the way adding aspartame to milk is illegal?
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Options

You don't what? Use desks? OK. You do clearly use wooden cabinets and window trim, because they are visible in your profile picture.

Lol seriously? Ok well my windows are made out of plastic and my cabinets were here before I moved in. I do however have wooden cabinets in my kitchen because it might look a bit strange without them :p

Look I am just somebody that cares, It's part of my job and why I do what I do. I also respect people's right to choose. Just because I don't consume a product doesn't mean I don't care about the people around me who consume it.