Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any Comic Book Fans here?

Adrini
Adrini Posts: 56 Member
I'm mostly DC myself. Anyone else?

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Haven't followed them in well over 10 years, and I was strictly Marvel. I still buy and collect....just don't really read them anymore.
  • I like the walking dead comics, so much better than the show.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    I am a Marvel fan, but I also delve into the HM mags (not really comics).

I have quite a few horror comics from the 90's though.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Mostly Marvel here, but as you can probably tell from my photo I dabble in DC as well.

Okay, I'll admit it, I dabble in lots of comics, not just the popular titles. I'm a nerd. (@-@)
  • Make Mine Marvel!

Though not since the Onslaught thing, give or take. Since then, the only comics I have really read have been Buffy Season 8/9 and the spinoffs. And even then, only because the Demigod that is Joss Whedon is involved.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Who ever doesn't....don't know what they are missing!

I grew up with two brothers and a sister. The older two liked stuff like Sonic and such comic series. But my brother and I liked Batman series. My personal favorite from the DC universe is Nightwing. :)

But since I'd really like to do a photo shot as a character, Supergirl has become one of my recent favorites.
  • FlannelMothman
    FlannelMothman Posts: 193 Member
    YES. I love both universes.
  • TheLuSir

I grew up with two brothers and a sister. The older two liked stuff like Sonic and such comic series. But my brother and I liked Batman series. My personal favorite from the DC universe is Nightwing. :)

But since I'd really like to do a photo shot as a character, Supergirl has become one of my recent favorites.

Why not a female version of Nightwing? Original and your favorite character all wrapped into one!
  • Who ever doesn't....don't know what they are missing!

Why not a female version of Nightwing? Original and your favorite character all wrapped into one!
    That's not a bad idea at all. I've seen some great execution of female versions of superheroes for cosplay. :)
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    I LOVE comics! Read 'em all the time! My favorite is The Killing Joke. Love DC. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • I am. I grew up with Marvel (X-Men and Spidey), but I also read quite a few D.C. titles now and have been exploring more recently. Actually, sparing Deadpool, most of my attention in the past year has gone towards D.C.I stopped following X-Men years ago up until X-men vs. Avengers...and even then, I fell behind.

I also read some other random graphic novels here and there.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Not recent comics, but have a collection of 300 or so Amazing Spider-Man comics, the earliest being Issue 30-something (been a while since I looked at them) and a full run from around Issue 250 to 400ish.
    I don't have any of the really rare/valuable ones, but the ones I do have are in mint condition mostly and a few of the later issues are signed by various people.
    I do have Issue 50, even graded by CGC but only at 2.5 lol, it's not worth a lot in that condition.
  • horsewhisper91

I might at some point. But the costume of the 2006 series Supergirl is motivating me to get into better shape more. That and my friends and I already have the costume half way done! Just the skirt and trim of the top to go!
    I might have to post some of the photos after the shoot on here at some point.

That and a female version of Nightwing, I'd have to dye my hair black or get a wig. :)
  • DC Vertigo and other misc. comics. I was massively addicted to Neil Gaiman's Sandman series (still am - it's a great storyline!). I used to follow Elfquest (WaRP Graphics) and I bought a number of 'independent' comics about 15 years ago, but I haven't had any cash in my budget to keep up with all of it anymore.
    Currently I've started reading the Fables series....
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Marvel for sure. Some of the DC characters are too perfect, I like my heroes to have some flaws (hmm, perhaps the interest in psychology started here...) Starfire is bad*kitten*, NOTHING like the cartoon.starfire_zps8713d00d.jpg
  • TheLuSir
    Not recent comics, but have a collection of 300 or so Amazing Spider-Man comics, the earliest being Issue 30-something (been a while since I looked at them) and a full run from around Issue 250 to 400ish.
    I don't have any of the really rare/valuable ones, but the ones I do have are in mint condition mostly and a few of the later issues are signed by various people.
    I do have Issue 50, even graded by CGC but only at 2.5 lol, it's not worth a lot in that condition.

It's nearly impossible to have a NM comic these days...
  • TheLuSir

I might at some point. But the costume of the 2006 series Supergirl is motivating me to get into better shape more. That and my friends and I already have the costume half way done! Just the skirt and trim of the top to go!

That and a female version of Nightwing, I'd have to dye my hair black or get a wig. :)

I see where you're coming from. Besides Supergirl shows more skin. So, it may be a better costume to pull of to show all your progress.

But the nerd in me wants Nightwing! :P
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Marvel!!!!! though I will admit to liking SOME DC characters... :3 I haven't bought any in years though, getting too expensive of a habit now that rent is involved lol
  • horsewhisper91

I see where you're coming from. Besides Supergirl shows more skin. So, it may be a better costume to pull of to show all your progress.

But the nerd in me wants Nightwing! :P

Well like I said, I might. Though it would be up in the air about which to model the suit after. I'm getting used to the red one they have in the 52 series. But I think I'd go with the more 2000 look with the blue symbol with the finger stripes.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Besides the 2 big names, I also read a few Dark Horse titles. Buffy, Angel & Faith.