THE MOST DISGUSTING DIET FOOD THUS FAR..WHAT'S YOURS???

Options

Replies

• YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Julian Bakery Carb Free Bread.... that shiz is NASTY!
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Anything that goes to zero calories or fat designed to replace something with calories. I also tried fat free Miracle Whip. Ugh. And konnyaku or shirataki noodles are another. Their rubbery consistency is too much, especially when replacing rice or flour noodles.

My motto: Count the calories on the "real" stuff and eat in moderation!
  • crazydaisy15
    Options
    A few years ago, I tried a multi-vitamin, formulated for weight loss. I think it was by One A Day, but I'm not sure. Not sure if they make it any more either...
    But I would take it, and no matter if I had taken it with food or not, I would get nauseous. First time it happened, I hadn't taken it with food. But the second time I did. And I think that was the last time I took one. I do not want to lose weight by feeling nauseous, or by puking.
    I don't know what they put in those vitamins that was so disagreeable to me. I do take a multivitamin now, and don't have any problems with nausea.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese.......awful stuff. :/
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    not sure if this is a 'diet food' but it was glutein free etc: corn tortillas.
    SO.BAD. Never buying them again :P
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    fat free soy cheese... It tasted like something alright... RUBBER.

In terms of deliciousness but horrific ingredients:ALMOST ANY WEIGHT WATCHERS SNACK PRODUCT. I'm not a weight watcher, and I honestly have started harboring a thing AGAINST weight watchers because I feel like they're tricking their clients with their "low cal" snacks. Sure, low calories. Guess what else is in it? A MILLION CHEMICALS! They aren't teaching people to choose healthy options when they sell those kinds of snacks. People would be better off making their own!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I tried a multi-vitamin, formulated for weight loss. I think it was by One A Day, but I'm not sure. Not sure if they make it any more either...
    But I would take it, and no matter if I had taken it with food or not, I would get nauseous. First time it happened, I hadn't taken it with food. But the second time I did. And I think that was the last time I took one. I do not want to lose weight by feeling nauseous, or by puking.
    I don't know what they put in those vitamins that was so disagreeable to me. I do take a multivitamin now, and don't have any problems with nausea.

Often, with vitamins and supplements, it isn't the active part of the product that causes distress. It is typically the fillers and binders that the manufacturers use to make the tablet or capsule that is the problem. Pharmaceuticals often produce similar problems for the same reason. I take liquid vitamins and supplements, for that reason, if they are available.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    yoghurt that is dairy and soya free it has a horrible aftertaste.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash, shiitake noodles, cauliflower pizza crust, and any kind of cake in a mug

Spaghetti squash??? I love that. But then I don't think I've ever met a squash I didn't like.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero "Ice Cream"...so expensive...and so bad...

THIS!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    not sure if this is a 'diet food' but it was glutein free etc: corn tortillas.
    SO.BAD. Never buying them again :P

?? Since corn is gluten free, why would any corn tortilla contain gluten?
  • agl003
    agl003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt. Bought it instead of vanilla accidently. AWFUL!!! Not even blended raspberries could make it taste better.
  • linalovekitty
    Options
    most diet desserts. Not bc they taste bad but bc calorie for calorie they are never lighter than most of the non-diet counterparts.

Example: I was looking for low cal frozen desserts. Came across weight watchers ice cream bars. Compared to non diet Cadburry ice cream bars there was only a 20 cal difference! What a scam
  • TigressPat
    Options
    actually, I have been experimenting with shirataki noodles and find there is a HUGE difference between brands and ingredients as well as shape.

I have basic thin asian style noodles that when prepared correctly taste like nothing and are great when added to asian dishes.

then there are the tofu kind that Hungry Girl touts. I had the macaroni ones once, felt like rubber bands, tasted like dockyard splooge. Never again.

But the Yam (no tofu!) ones that are more generic are a great way to add bulk to food without the calories as they take on the flavour of the things they are with.

I love them in stirfries, pad thai, and asian recipe i have tried them in so far.
  • slynn906
    slynn906 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Vegan cheese.:sick:
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    most diet desserts. Not bc they taste bad but bc calorie for calorie they are never lighter than most of the non-diet counterparts.

Example: I was looking for low cal frozen desserts. Came across weight watchers ice cream bars. Compared to non diet Cadburry ice cream bars there was only a 20 cal difference! What a scam

This. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to have ice cream I'm getting rid of the chemically saturated (but two grams of fat miracle) Skinny Cows and having a small serving of Haegan Daz instead.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    wonder smart white was my favorite bread! then hostess went under with wonder,lol I did not mean to rhyme
    but pretty much anything fat free to me is gross
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I don't eat "diet" food. I just eat food...in less quantity than I used to.
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Cream Cheese; Yuck!
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    I have also tried those 'full bar' things. Ugh. Styrofoam, puffed rice type pellets, formed into the shape of a bar. I guess that would help keep you full -- not sure how long it takes to digest Styrofoam pellats.
    I tried those too,they aren't bad but I couldn't keep eating them.does feel like eating styrofoam