do you work out infront of your other half?

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, most definitely!! Because my SO is nobody, and nobody is around any time I work out...

Wah wah wah...
  • jaded011
    Options
    right now my work outs are mostly the fact i clean the house a couple hours a day and walk to the store and back all the time and chase after a 3 year old constantly. but im wanting to start getting more in, but cant afford a gym membership right now and there is just no way i could do actual exercising or working out infront of my fiance. im going to have to go into the bedroom and there are no locks in any room in our house but make him promise not to come in and keep our 3 year old from pulling open the door constantly. so far i lost over 90 pounds since end of june through mostly diet and walking but wanting to start trying to tone up some, but considering we cant do the gym thing and i have none of the work out dvd stuff.. does anyone have any ideas? lol, i keep thinking about like, the floor exercises they had on tv all the time in the late 80s and 90s when i was young i remember seeing them. leg lifts and arm spins and waist bends and steping up on a box and back down and all that stuff. but i feel super lame, even if doing it by myself. but i really cant think of anything else i can do at home, by myself. crunches, pushups, legl lifts, running in place, turn up music loudly, dance like an idiot with jumping around and stuff for 45 minutes, thats what i did before when i lost 80 pounds in 6 months, that was years ago though. so, anny suggestions?
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    My other half isn't the least bit interested, but he did join me (once!) and I didn't mind at all. In fact I preferred it, takes your mind off the burn, someone to talk to. Maybe if I wore skimpier workout gear he'd join me more often, but I prefer not to see what I'm trying to lose :smile:
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I used to do that alot infront of my then boyfriend.
    Discovered that "naked yoga" is a nono if i plan to ever finish my routine.
    Now I dont live with my SO, but when we are together i wait for him to gtfo.
    I do work out infront of the mirror all the time tho <.<''
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    i find it really hard to work out infront of my other half incase he says something about the way im doing it, not that he would mean it he would try being funny. i just cant do it though.

your thoughts please

I make him work out with me.
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My Hubby plays tooooo much! I feel like hes not taking my working out serious. I'm not exercising for his entertainment. He is very distracting, expecially when I really would rather be doing something else. Having to tell him to stop breaks my concentration and causes me to work harder to get back into the groove to the workout. Not to mention the questions/conversations he wants to have while I;m working out and He's sitting down playing a game on the laptop or eating!
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A year ago I would have said I prefer not to. In fact, my preference not to extended beyond my husband and to basically everyone. Hence why I've been such a sloth forever. When we joined the gym last year it took me more than a month to muster the cajones to haul my butt in there.

I signed myself and my husband up for an 8-week boot camp in January. Doing something like that together will get you over your hangups really quickly. At first, he hated the class and didn't go for a week. Then something shifted in him and he realized he hated it because it was challenging in a way he had never experienced.

Been married almost 17 years and I feel like our relationship is better than ever through exercising together and experiencing the agony of 500's and getting up at 4:45 am, 3 days a week :wink:

We're already talking about "after bootcamp" and building up a selection of videos to supplement our gym visits. Hubby has started doing the 30DS and a Pilates program.
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    Yes, we usually work out together. He will also sometimes run with me if I am going in the evening or in the morning because he doesn't like me alone on the trail at those times.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I love watching the DH lift, when he gets around to it. And he helps me with mine, for example I don't have a squat rack, so he will act as one for me.

In addition, we hike, backpack, walk dogs, canoe, climb, and work on vehicles/bikes together as well as working on our house or other people's houses or yard work or chopping and stacking wood. We also go play in mosh pits together, and we've been talking about taking swing dance classes forever.

So honestly, we "work out" together a lot.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do weights together 2-3 times per week at the gym typically and I love it. He is like my own personal trainer, he corrects me on form and always pushes me to do more. He is largely responsible for the gains I have made with weights. I do my cardio and bootcamp classes separate.
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    No, I can't.... yet. I'm still self conscious and embarrassed. I really don't want him seeing things wiggle and jiggle while I'm jumping around, not to mention my huffing and puffing. lol The day I feel better about myself, then yes. I won't have a problem... but until then, my kids have to go through the torture of watching me. LOL
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Running no, because he doesn't like to run but workout videos and yoga yes. My husband has some freakish obsession with watching me do yoga or squats. lol
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :wink: Yes I sure do! We motivate each other and help each other out if our forms aren't correct. It's fun and we love it!! Awesome quality time!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I'm at home doing a workout DVD.

He appreciates the super short Under Armour booty shorts during side lunges.. :laugh:
  • sarahishchuk
    sarahishchuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to work out WITH my spouse, but not infront of him. He doesn't understand the difference, but I just don't want anyone staring at me while I sweat.
  • jbaca9602
    jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If we're at a gym or doing something together I can... mostly because though he's skinny and toned, he looks so much funnier than I ever could! He's 6'3" and with long lanky limbs so him kickboxing in his boxers is hilarious! He's willing to flail about if he gets frustrated with something, and that adds to my amusement. If he's doing all that and not afraid to be in front of me, I can do it in front of him. But if I'm doing something and he's not, I just can't. I have to kick him out of the room. He wouldn't say anything, but I'd know he could see me and I'd be too inhibited.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    not much, I don't feel comfortable if he's watching :P I wouldn't mind if he was working out with me.
  • Felicias64
    Felicias64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    He is like my personal trainer! Yes I work out in front of him and sometimes with him. He helps me and tells me when I have bad form! I help him too... we are in this together! I love having the support!!! I was actually surprised that I was a little embarrased the other day when I worked out in front of my niece LoL I have no clue why but I know it was dumb... it took me a while to feel comfortable at the gym but I do now. I hated walking into the gym for the first few weeks I just felt so uncomfortable like everyone was thinking "she doesn't belong here" but I don't feel that way anymore... I think I feel more comfortable working out with/in front of my hubbie then ANYONE else.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I usually workout alone, but that's just because when my wife goes to the gym, she wants me there as her pt and spotter. It can be difficult to try to do both.
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    YES....Sometimes we work out together....