dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Fiber one 80 calorie chocolate or honey, 3/4 cup serving

80 Calories
    25 Carbs
    40 Calcium
    10 Fiber
    1 fat
    1 protein

What's the sugar count on this Fiber One? The Fiber One chocolate seems tempting..
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    i just have multigrain cheerios with 1/4 cup 2% milk. Comes out to around 150 total
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    I too grew up with all that sugary cereal (my sisters and I blame our mother for our hatred of oatmeal), so I'm a work in progress. I have found that regular cheerios and raisin bran are working well for me...they fill me up with one serving. I did move on to Almond Milk just so I got more nutrients. LOVE IT!! :heart: And if I do the Silk Almond Vanilla I don't even miss the spoonful of sugar I used to put on both of these in the past.

I do try to mix up my mornings so I don't get bored. Some egg breakfasts, some cereal and some yogurt. Love to add in fruit too.
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    How about this wonderful alternative to cereal?

In a cereal bowl place:

1 apple (I like green apples myself) cut into bite sized pieces
    1/2-1 banana sliced
    1/8 c. raisins
    1/4 c. crushed almonds
    dash of cinnamon
    dash of nutmeg
    drizzle of maple syrup
    almond milk

That does sound really tasty.

OP, I quit eating cereal as a meal because I would be hungry again an hour after I ate it. I only eat cereal as a snack now. Maybe try eating something with a little protein and fat that will stick with you like bacon and eggs? Just a suggestion :smile:
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    I've landed on Nature's Path Organic Heritage Flakes. I have never been a flake kind of guy because they typically get soggy and mushy pretty quick. These flakes are crunchy, stay crunchy in milk and taste great. They are made of "ancient" grains - kamut, khorasan wheat, oats, spelt, barley, millet and quinoa. They have 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein so they are nutritious. Walmart of all places carries Heritage Flakes in 2 pound bags which is by far the most economical place I have found them. Highly recommended.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Fiber one 80 calorie chocolate or honey, 3/4 cup serving

80 Calories
    25 Carbs
    40 Calcium
    10 Fiber
    1 fat
    1 protein

^^This....love both...but the chocolate is my favorite!!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    I have been eating Kashi Go Lean (plain variety) with a tbsp. of raisin and skim milk. I have even put it in the microwave for 1 minute and eaten it warm. You get used to it. I picked it for the protein. I don't seem to get hungry after eating it.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    I LOVE raisin bran. The name brand ones like Post and Kellogg have lots of added sugar...but I buy the Organic Trader Joes raisin bran and its yummy! There is still a decent amount of sugar from the raisins...but I measure and use skim milk and it fits into my days just fine!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    steel cut oats (love my crockpot) or Kashi Go Lean (honey almond or berry)
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Fiber one. I particularly like the one with raisins.
  • I like Grape Nuts and Kashi's Lean Protein cereal.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    The new Cheerios Honey Nut Crunch Medley are wonderful. I picked it up because I got an amazing coupon deal (two boxes free with .75 overage), but I'm HOOKED.

without milk - 1 Cup serving (regular servings is 3/4 C) =
    160 Calories, 32 carbs, 3 Fiber, 160 Sodium, and 4 protein.

Could be less carbs, and WAY more fiber... but I LOVE them!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    1/2 or 1 full cup of Fiber One Original. It's an acquired taste (or was for me) but then my fiber's done for the day.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Cinnamon Chex

It tastes good. Not worried about the rest.

Try using almond milk instead of cow's milk if you want lower calories out of your bowl of cereal.
  • dimplz369
    dimplz369 Posts: 28 Member
    I've actually been eating Rice Chex lately. Its 100 calories per cup, with 1g of fiber, no fat, and only 2 grams of sugars. It also has no artificial flavors or colors, and it's a nice switch from cheerioes.
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Mesa Sunrise. It's a gluten free flake cereal with 4g of sugar and 120 cals per serving. I eat 2 servings with unsweetened almond milk and a banana so it's 370 calories. I've been eating this at work because it's one of the few things I can bring to work that is 1) gluten free, 2) doesn't need to be heated, and 3) Doesn't need to be kept cold, except for the milk but I have a fridge at work. Unfortunately no microwave :(
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 336 Member
    Mainly I like my cereal dry as a snack. Then I like Cherrios and the new Kellogs Cinnamon Jax.
    With milk, the new Fiber One chocolately delight. Tastes like cocoa puffs, but healthier :0)
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    For those who eat cereal in the morning. I am looking for one that tastes good, high in fiber, low in calories. What do you
    all eat, please?

I like - Kashi, Oat, honey, and flax...Kroger makes a brand of this too. :)
    With cereal - the problem usually lies in the serving size, be careful of that.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 72 Member
    Unsweetened muesli with dried fruits. Yummy! ^^
  • Jeanasheldon
    Jeanasheldon Posts: 2 Member
    Go Lean..... Fiber One Chocolate cereal...oatmeal or cream of wheat with brown sugar and sliced almonds...and cinnamon Puffins from Trader Joes...those are my favs!